Official 2015 tank thread IV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroPT*

Such a joy to watch. The forechecking scheme and cycle game they've developed is very efficient and entertaining.

The first goal was awful D by Eberle but the rest of the game was good. Yakupov played well.

Heraldic

Dec 12, 2013
Such a joy to watch. The forechecking scheme and cycle game they've developed is very efficient and entertaining.

The first goal was awful D by Eberle but the rest of the game was good. Yakupov played well.

What about the Yakupov's turn over leading to GWG by Bergenheim?

BornBuffaloFan

Nov 30, 2014
Quote from a Hurricane fan, "we are going to steal the #1 pick from the Sabres and Oilers, like we stole the cup from both of them in 2006"

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Tough four-game road trip coming up for Edmonton before the All-Star break. They play at St. Louis, Tampa, Florida, and Washington. If they can get 2 pts out of that stretch I'll consider it a success. Meanwhile, Buffalo has three home games vs Detroit, Minnesota, and Philly before playing in Detroit before the break.

The tank should be in good shape provided we don't get crazy here. I think three or even four points will keep us in pretty good shape. But let's not go 3-0-1 here or anything.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Let's not consider who the Canes were missing at the time and just focus on who the Sabres and Oilers had missing...because for the 10,000th time, the Canes didn't deserve to win. :shakehead

You're kind of missing the fact that this was brought up because of a quote from a CANES' FAN about them stealing the Cup from both teams. That Cane's fan joked they will now steal the top pick from both teams like they did the Cup. All the poster you quoted did was flesh out why the Cane fan is referencing the Oilers as well.

OSUlakers

Jan 22, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Question...I know that in this year's draft the maximum amount of spots teams can drop is one spot....but can any team not in the playoffs take the 1st overall this year, or is the 1st overall just limited to the bottom 5 again. I completely understand 2014 and before, as well as 2016, just not this year.

Thanks

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Question...I know that in this year's draft the maximum amount of spots teams can drop is one spot....but can any team not in the playoffs take the 1st overall this year, or is the 1st overall just limited to the bottom 5 again. I completely understand 2014 and before, as well as 2016, just not this year.

Thanks

All non-playoff teams have a chance, just like last year.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Idk why, but I have a bad feeling this is going to be a bad bad night for the tank. We win and go 0/3 on the out of town scoreboard :laugh:

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Idk why, but I have a bad feeling this is going to be a bad bad night for the tank. We win and go 0/3 on the out of town scoreboard :laugh:

Like I said above, this is a dangerous time with the favorable (relatively speaking, of course), home-heavy schedule we have going into the ASB versus the tough road schedule that Edmonton has heading into the break. If someone offered me "up four points on Edmonton heading into the break," I'd take it.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011

Ebbs and flows. We've been cold, Edmonton's been hot, well see how long it keeps up.

Paxon

202? Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY

Thanks

Starting last year, all non-playoff teams can win the lottery and move to 1st. Previously, teams could only move up a maximum of three spots when they won the lottery. The percentages for teams not at the bottom are negligible though, something like 1% for the last non-playoff team.

Starting with the 2016 draft there will be multiple (looks like three) lottery drawings so up to three teams could move up, making it more like the NBA draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad