Proposal: Offer sheet Nick Robertson

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I think you should look into the definition of 'fact', you might be in for a heck of a surprise.
CC is a top line forward. Fact.
Nick played part time in the AHL and NHL last year. Barely an NHL'er. Still trying to establish a role. Fact.

If Fact = True, then the definition holds.

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
CC is a top line forward. Fact.
Nick played part time in the AHL and NHL last year. Barely an NHL'er. Still trying to establish a role. Fact.

If Fact = True, then the definition holds.
CC is not an established top line forward in any circumstances and may have just lost his spot to Laine, depending on how chemistry and line combinations work out.

Robertson has played in the NHL because he is an NHL player.

• Haha
Reactions: FerrisRox and Satan

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
CC is not an established top line forward in any circumstances and may have just lost his spot to Laine, depending on how chemistry and line combinations work out.

Laine will play on the 2nd line with Dach. Caufield will be putting up 1st line production for many years to come.

Nick Robertson has played in both the NHL and AHL last season. He has barely established himself as an NHL player. He is following in the footsteps of Kailer Yamamoto. Which isn't a bad thing. He's got a ways to go before he reaches Kailer's status.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
There was 7 minutes between these, shit happens fast when youre Montreal Re-Habbing players into studs, eh.
Habs have a ton of capspace for at least 2 to 3 years. Worst case, they bought a 2nd. Best case, they rehabilitated a star player. Most absurd case - Jordan Harris turns into a Norris trophy winner.

Caufield-Suzuki-Slaf
Laine-Dach-Newhook

Nick Robertson - Mesar - Tuch ( after Montreal picks him off waivers to help Laval)

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
Habs have a ton of capspace for at least 2 to 3 years. Worst case, they bought a 2nd. Best case, they rehabilitated a star player. Most absurd case - Jordan Harris turns into a Norris trophy winner.

Caufield-Suzuki-Slaf
Laine-Dach-Newhook

Nick Robertson - Mesar - Tuch ( after Montreal picks him off waivers to help Laval)
Thats not how waivers works.

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Please, someone sign Robertson to an offer sheet so the Leafs can either match or move on!

Whatever actually happens is of little consequence to the Leafs, other than having his contract settled.

The glitch for Robertson is that signing an offer sheet doesn't necessarily free him from the Leafs, as they might very well match. He really doesn't have a lot of options.

Playing in the KHL is not an option either. He could get the Britney Griner treatment there, too.

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
I think Robertson will still be a good player, but at 4.5M I gotta take the 2nd and let him go. We just don't have the luxury of paying him that much

At the 3rd round level, I would lean towards keeping him

Reactions: Jacob582

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
lol Robertson still hoping to be traded it seems. not sure why he's throwing a very good opportunity that few NHL teams could offer.
if he has a breakout season and gets to play with Matthews or like marner/Nylander. could get him the paycheque he wants.

no one will likely eve offer him enough to get a 3rd round pick from offer sheets and anything below im sure would be matched.

Kinda seems like Nick has no brain between those ears

Nogatco Rd

Did you just call me Coltrane?
Apr 3, 2021
Honestly... I'm strugglign to figure out why this hasn't happend already.

Do a 1 year offer sheet at $2.25m. It costs you a 3rd round pick. The Leafs can't really match it.
If he doesn’t want to be in Toronto, why would he sign a contract that, if matched, will lock him into new deal with Toronto? And prevent him from being traded for at least one calendar year?

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
If someone offers an offer sheet w 2nd round comp or a 2nd straight up he’s gone . 3 rd they match . Which isn’t a scenario Robertson would gamble on. So any offer sheet would need to be an obvious over pay

Dicky113

Oct 30, 2007
All im saying is if broberg got offered that, why wouldn't robertson?
Broberg got paid because he looked like a top pairing D in the playoffs. Very small sample size and big risk for STL, but if it hits it would be a bargain. I don’t think anyone is under the illusion that Nick Robertson could pan out to be a first line player so not worth the gamble

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Broberg got paid because he looked like a top pairing D in the playoffs. Very small sample size and big risk for STL, but if it hits it would be a bargain. I don’t think anyone is under the illusion that Nick Robertson could pan out to be a first line player so not worth the gamble
Doesn’t need to be a 1 st line forward to justify a 2 nd round comp.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton

13th in league scoring for all right wingers.
16th in league scoring for all left wingers.

Top 30 in the league for all wingers.

If you can make a realistic list with 40 wingers that are better than Caufield, I'd love to see it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad