OT: Off-Topic Thread Episode VIII: Daisy Dukes Sharkinis On Top

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Some lady outside my condo is yelling at a man hysterically. Soundproofing is too good so I can't make it out and by the time I cracked the window open, she stopped yelling :laugh:

VberZOV.jpg

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Some lady outside my condo is yelling at a man hysterically. Soundproofing is too good so I can't make it out and by the time I cracked the window open, she stopped yelling :laugh:

VberZOV.jpg
Let me tell you waht she was yelling

"OH MY GOD HUNNY THERE IS SOME CREEP STARING AT US OUT OF HIS WINDOW TAKING PICTURES OF ME."

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
By the way, you seem to know your way around a computer a bit. Do you know anything about building them?

It's been a few years, but yeah I know how to build them. I'm not a gamer though, so I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to all those fancy graphics cards but I build mine to be beefy enough to do my photo editing and server stuff. What are you looking for?

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
It's been a few years, but yeah I know how to build them. I'm not a gamer though, so I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to all those fancy graphics cards but I build mine to be beefy enough to do my photo editing and server stuff. What are you looking for?
TV/Movies, Photoshop, HF :laugh:

I also pillaged my old machine for parts before I threw it out. So I have hard drives, ram (although I don't know what kind :laugh:), DVD drive, "wireless n" network card (PCI) and a video card (PCI-E) but I think I could use an upgrade.

This is the ram, I may not be smart but I am smart enough to take a picture to pick the brains of others :laugh:

addf6fa7-82b6-4d8f-830f-5406f50f689e_zpsxikd2rxo.jpg

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
So you have 6GBs of DDR2 240-pin SDRAM. So are you trying to figure out what else you need to build a computer? What's the connectors for the hard drives and dvd drive look like? And how much are you looking to spend?

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
So you have 6GBs of DDR2 240-pin SDRAM. So are you trying to figure out what else you need to build a computer? What's the connectors for the hard drives and dvd drive look like? And how much are you looking to spend?
they look normal? haha. the hard drives all are that standard wide connection. I never paid any attention to the DVD one, lol.

I'd like to keep it under 750 if possible

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
sorry to hear nogger

not sure if this is a good or bad thing, but you always got us

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
they look normal? haha. the hard drives all are that standard wide connection. I never paid any attention to the DVD one, lol.

I'd like to keep it under 750 if possible

You know, honestly if that's your budget, you would be better off just ordering something from like Dell or Lenovo or going to Best Buy since desktops are so cheap nowadays. The memory suggests to me that the computer you scavenged the parts from is pretty old. You'd end up with something much faster and it's easier than trying to find older hardware that use the parts you have.

Based on what you're looking to use your computer for, you shouldn't have a problem spending under your budget easily and get something faster than what uses those parts.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad