OT: 'Off topic' thoughts

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mr_Fun

Find me sombaty to love.
Oct 7, 2006
BC
Train them to not set off a freaking bear banger indoors? Was it an accident?

It wasn't an accident, that's for sure. It's semi-indoors as it's about a 35 foot high building with an open front so that garbage trucks can empty their load on the floor. The guy wad basically told to use the bear bangers to scare off the birds. He was never told not to set them off in the transfer station, although common sense would dictate you shouldn't set them off in the building.

Interestingly, a guy was fired here about 5 years ago for falling asleep a few times in his loader. He appealed the decision and won, based on the fact he was never told he wasn't allowed to fall asleep in the loader (even though there was traffic driving all around him at the time). Yes, you read that correctly.

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
It wasn't an accident, that's for sure. It's semi-indoors as it's about a 35 foot high building with an open front so that garbage trucks can empty their load on the floor. The guy wad basically told to use the bear bangers to scare off the birds. He was never told not to set them off in the transfer station, although common sense would dictate you shouldn't set them off in the building.

Interestingly, a guy was fired here about 5 years ago for falling asleep a few times in his loader. He appealed the decision and won, based on the fact he was never told he wasn't allowed to fall asleep in the loader (even though there was traffic driving all around him at the time). Yes, you read that correctly.
Sure, can picture a transfer station, have wound up at Bermondsy and Commissioners a few times with a trunk full of whatever. Never used a banger but familiar with them from backcountry camping, basically a blank shotgun blast. Common sense would dictate it, ya, that sucks.

No one ever told me don’t fall asleep on the 401 in traffic, and I doubt that’s in the Traffic Act or whatever, but I figured it out myself lol

Reactions: Mr_Fun

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Train them to not set off a freaking bear banger indoors? Was it an accident?
I was thinking along similar lines - is it really the employers responsibility to train someone not to be a complete moron? But I guess if it was an accident, I guess accidents do happen thought that sounds like a very strange accident if that's what it was.

LeafsNet

Sep 1, 2024
Waterloo
For those interested in the saga that is Metrolinx….they’ve been having public forums about the extension of the Sheppard Line 4….west if confirmed to Sheppard West station while the eastern terminus is up for debate.

The three options are:

1. East to the future McCowan/Sheppard station of Line 2
2. East to Morningside via McCowan/Sheppard station
3. East to Scarborough Town Centre station

Reactions: Dr C

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
For those interested in the saga that is Metrolinx….they’ve been having public forums about the extension of the Sheppard Line 4….west if confirmed to Sheppard West station while the eastern terminus is up for debate.

The three options are:

Hadn’t heard, interesting. They gotta loop that Sheppard line in to something east, the subway to nowhere drives me nuts. West to the other side of line 1 needs to happen too, then more west and somehow tie on to line 2 on the west. I have no particular ideas on how, but then you’ve got a nice subway loop to get around on. Maybe my hypothetical grandkids will see it…

Get that “Ontario Line” up to Sheppard east too, and a nice U shape back up to Sheppard on the west somewhere, right?

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
Has anyone seen the Hockey News Yearbook on stands in the GTA yet?

In before the inevitable, Hockey News sucks!!! I know, which is why I don’t subscribe. I do however get the yearbook every August as it lists every players and their basic info, POB, DOB, draft etc.

It’s usually out the third week of August, but haven’t seen it yet.

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca

The three options are:

If we learned anything about the Eglinton line, this extension won't happen in our lifetime.

LeafsNet

Sep 1, 2024
Waterloo
If we learned anything about the Eglinton line, this extension won't happen in our lifetime.

Two Buttons Meme.png

LeafsNet

Sep 1, 2024
Waterloo
A friend shared this video yesterday with me and I literally haven’t been able to sleep all night. It’s part of a longer 6 hour documentary and I only got done with part one which was two hours long and right now I’m literally in a state of shock.

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
Has anyone seen the Hockey News Yearbook on stands in the GTA yet?

In before the inevitable, Hockey News sucks!!! I know, which is why I don’t subscribe. I do however get the yearbook every August as it lists every players and their basic info, POB, DOB, draft etc.

It’s usually out the third week of August, but haven’t seen it yet.
Nobody?

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
Couldn't find one anywhere last year so just subscribed for the year.
It's on the racks now if you're interested.

I would highly recommend it to everyone here. Doesn't list fancy stats or anything, just a full list of every player in the league along with top 10 prospects in each system. Not cheap this year though, $18 plus tax.

Reactions: jackflash

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
It's on the racks now if you're interested.

I would highly recommend it to everyone here. Doesn't list fancy stats or anything, just a full list of every player in the league along with top 10 prospects in each system. Not cheap this year though, $18 plus tax.

The Hockey News isn't what it used to be, but it's improved in recent years. And the special features like the Yearbook, Draft Preview and Top Prospects editions make the subscription worth it. My yearly renewal is cheaper than if I went to the local Shoppers to buy just those three editions alone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad