OT: 'Off topic' thoughts

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
I've bought 9 guitars so far, one's a keeper and it's a Godin. :)

My favorite was a Player Strat but I decided it was too heavy for me. In the end I'm probably a strat guy though it's fun to try out all kinds of other guitars. The new player II series that just dropped apparently has chambered versions coming out in September, those will probably be light enough so maybe I'll buy one. I'm also considering a used American Professional made with roasted pine, those are light enough and this one's available now for 1900 and if that's still available when I get the cash together I just might go for that. Would cost about 500 more than a new Player but it looks like it's in good shape and I love the way it looks!

View attachment 896973

Agreed. And I definitely want to get a guitar with P90s one day, though now I'm thinking I might get something else first.

It'll probably take a while to decide. I'm the kind of guy who stares at the menu for 20 minutes, then orders something and as soon as the server walks away I'm thinking I should've ordered something else. But it's so much fun to think about which guitar to buy, so many guitars out there and so little time ...
You sound like my wife, I usually know what she’ll order within thirty seconds, but it takes her ages to come to the same conclusion, which is okay, gives more time to have a pre meal drink.

Have you ever considered a hollow body? The Godin 5th Avenue with a P90 is a sweet guitar, my buddy has one and it dounds spectacular………

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
You sound like my wife, I usually know what she’ll order within thirty seconds, but it takes her ages to come to the same conclusion, which is okay, gives more time to have a pre meal drink.

Have you ever considered a hollow body? The Godin 5th Avenue with a P90 is a sweet guitar, my buddy has one and it dounds spectacular………
Not gonna lie, that does sound like me. Yes I've thought about hollow body, thought about all kinds of options really. Not near the top of my list and to be honest, I should probably devote more time/energy into practicing than thinking about what to buy next. I'm probably not the only one guilty of this but still ...

I've looked at those 5th avenue guitars, they look amazing. I understand that noise/feedback could be a problem with P90s, especially when combined with a hollow body. Does your buddy have any issues like that?

This guitar is available used right now for 1100. P90s, not hollow body but chambered. It's a Rivolta Combinata, designed by Dennis Fano, he of Fano/Novo fame. If I'm ever rolling in dough then I will buy a Novo guitar but in the mean time, this one is probably a decent substitute, 1100 seems like a fair price and it's beautiful!

rivoltacombinata.jpg

Also up for sale for 1100 (price just dropped from 1200) is this Gibson Tribute DC with two P90s. Both these seem like very good deals. I think I'd prefer to try the Rivolta but on the other hand, if I decide to sell at some point I believe it would much easier to sell and get all my money back with the Gibson.

This is a lot harder than ordering a Club Sandwich, that's for damn sure. A lot more fun too though, so there is that. :)

Gibson.jpg

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Not gonna lie, that does sound like me. Yes I've thought about hollow body, thought about all kinds of options really. Not near the top of my list and to be honest, I should probably devote more time/energy into practicing than thinking about what to buy next. I'm probably not the only one guilty of this but still ...

I've looked at those 5th avenue guitars, they look amazing. I understand that noise/feedback could be a problem with P90s, especially when combined with a hollow body. Does your buddy have any issues like that?

This guitar is available used right now for 1100. P90s, not hollow body but chambered. It's a Rivolta Combinata, designed by Dennis Fano, he of Fano/Novo fame. If I'm ever rolling in dough then I will buy a Novo guitar but in the mean time, this one is probably a decent substitute, 1100 seems like a fair price and it's beautiful!

View attachment 897042

Also up for sale for 1100 (price just dropped from 1200) is this Gibson Tribute DC with two P90s. Both these seem like very good deals. I think I'd prefer to try the Rivolta but on the other hand, if I decide to sell at some point I believe it would much easier to sell and get all my money back with the Gibson.

This is a lot harder than ordering a Club Sandwich, that's for damn sure. A lot more fun too though, so there is that. :)

View attachment 897043
Club sandwich needs to have real turkey, that’s the first question you ask your server! I just texted my buddy, he said feed back isn’t really a issue with the P90’s even using medium gain, he thinks that’s over blown. Good luck in your quest for another axe……..

• Love
Reactions: Gary Nylund

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
Too bad there's no Olympics thread here. Anybody watching? The women's soccer team upset world #2 France and can now advance if they win over Columbia despite being docked 6 points for Drone Gate. Fascinating stuff. Canada Men's basketball could medal would love to see them take on USA. Summer Macintosh looking to build on her legacy in the pool. Also

Screenshot_2024-07-29-10-04-00~2.png

• Haha
Reactions: the squared circle

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
Anyone here ever been to Timmins? Heading there for work related reasons later this month for 2-3 days.

Looks like they have a brewery there at least so I know where I'll be hanging out!!!:

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Heading to Halifax.

Any suggestions for restaurants/ places to go would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

John O'Reilly hoisted his beer and said, "Here's to spending the rest of me Life, between the legs of me wife!"

That won him the top prize at the pub for the best toast of the night!

He went home and told his wife, Mary, "I won the prize for the Best toast of the night."

She said, "Aye, did ye now. And what was your toast?"

John said, "Here's to spending the rest of me life, sitting in church beside me wife."

"Oh, that is very nice indeed, John!” Mary said.

The next day, Mary ran into one of John's drinking buddies on the street Corner. The man chuckled leeringly and said, "John won the prize the other night at the pub with a toast about you, Mary."

She said, "Aye, he told me, and I was a bit surprised myself. You know, he's only been in there twice in the last four years. Once I had to pull him by the ears to make him come, and the other time he fell asleep.”

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto

View attachment 897042

View attachment 897043

Just buy a Gibson and be done with it. ;)

20231014_203127.jpg

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
Heading to Halifax.

Any suggestions for restaurants/ places to go would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

John O'Reilly hoisted his beer and said, "Here's to spending the rest of me Life, between the legs of me wife!"

That won him the top prize at the pub for the best toast of the night!

He went home and told his wife, Mary, "I won the prize for the Best toast of the night."

She said, "Aye, did ye now. And what was your toast?"

John said, "Here's to spending the rest of me life, sitting in church beside me wife."

"Oh, that is very nice indeed, John!” Mary said.

The next day, Mary ran into one of John's drinking buddies on the street Corner. The man chuckled leeringly and said, "John won the prize the other night at the pub with a toast about you, Mary."

She said, "Aye, he told me, and I was a bit surprised myself. You know, he's only been in there twice in the last four years. Once I had to pull him by the ears to make him come, and the other time he fell asleep.”
Welcome to Halifax. The Halifax Harbour Boardwalk offers many, many food options. If your a seafood fan, you can't go wrong at most places. Pier 21 Museum of Immigration and Maritme Museum of the Atlantic are along the boardwalk. 10 minute ferry ride to Dartmouth also has many great food and drink options ad well.

• Love
Reactions: LeafSteel

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
For all you guitar hounds, I found this in my YouTube feed, thought it was interesting……..

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Welcome to Halifax. The Halifax Harbour Boardwalk offers many, many food options. If your a seafood fan, you can't go wrong at most places. Pier 21 Museum of Immigration and Maritme Museum of the Atlantic are along the boardwalk. 10 minute ferry ride to Dartmouth also has many great food and drink options ad well.

Great tip my friend. Spent the day here. Loved the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic.

Had a lobster roll and a beaver tail for dessert and getting ready to tuck into our reservations for dinner at the Bicycle Thief.

Amazing walk on the Boardwalk.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
For the gamers here what are you thinking about Star Wars OutLaws?

I'm on the fence about it.

I am looking forward to Black Myth Wukon though

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Reactions: Larcos_Unal

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $729.00
    Event closes