OT: 'Off topic' thoughts

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I saw him at the Budweiser stage with his blues tour about a month ago. It was great.
Glad you enjoyed it, I would have liked it better if it wasn't so damn loud. To me the decibel level made it more hard rock than blues but whatever, could be because I'm just getting old.

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca
Glad you enjoyed it, I would have liked it better if it wasn't so damn loud. To me the decibel level made it more hard rock than blues but whatever, could be because I'm just getting old.

My wife and parents also complained about that and we were sitting quite close too. I didn’t have an issue, but it’s probably due to the fact that I’m a drummer and my hearing is f*cked anyway lol

My wife and parents also complained about that and we were sitting quite close too. I didn’t have an issue, but it’s probably due to the fact that I’m a drummer and my hearing is f*cked anyway lol

After the show I bought my wife special ear plugs on Amazon. They let you hear everything, but protect the hearing from the extreme levels

Reactions: Gary Nylund

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013

After the show I bought my wife special ear plugs on Amazon. They let you hear everything, but protect the hearing from the extreme levels
Sorry to hear about your hearing problems. Ear plugs are a good idea for sure, I'm going to be doing that soon myself. So many musicians with hearing issues, that sucks.

Reactions: Anthrax442

fancy lad

Nov 22, 2021
Hey guitar guys:

I joined the gibson club a couple days ago. I have always been a fender guy and have always kept my guitar purchases on the modest end. My most valuable guitar is probably a made in japan Fender Jaguar. However, i found a good deal on a les paul studio at a store which gave me a good amount for a gretsch electromatic i traded in. I'm pretty psyched to have a proper USA made gibson.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Some new life experience over the last 2 weeks.

Had a kidney stone, 5MM, that SUCKED so much.

Got slapped with a big vet bill for the kitty, going to be living at work the next few months, I will be seeing you all here a lot more the next while.

• Wow
Reactions: Leaf Rocket

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Some new life experience over the last 2 weeks.

Had a kidney stone, 5MM, that SUCKED so much.

Got slapped with a big vet bill for the kitty, going to be living at work the next few months, I will be seeing you all here a lot more the next while.
Regarding the kidney stone, that sucks, but I’m sure your kitty is worth every penny and then some. The more people I meet, the more I love my dog……..

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Regarding the kidney stone, that sucks, but I’m sure your kitty is worth every penny and then some. The more people I meet, the more I love my dog……..

Oh man I love the cat more than most of the family so no brainer, just sucks I had to cancel my trip to Germany, always next year.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Oh man I love the cat more than most of the family so no brainer, just sucks I had to cancel my trip to Germany, always next year.
Only downside of having a pet is when they pass away, we had a Devon Rex that passed a couple of years ago and there isn’t a day that goes by that I don’t think of and miss him. We got a dog now, but I sure miss that cat……

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Only downside of having a pet is when they pass away, we had a Devon Rex that passed a couple of years ago and there isn’t a day that goes by that I don’t think of and miss him. We got a dog now, but I sure miss that cat……

Oh it's a gut punch.

Happened at 17 with a cat my parents had before I was born.

Had to put down the cat we got a year later just last summer which basically felt like I got my heart ripped out, still miss her.

My wife and I have 2 cats together now and I told her I don't know if we will get more, it hurts way too much.

Reactions: rumman

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Oh it's a gut punch.

Happened at 17 with a cat my parents had before I was born.

Had to put down the cat we got a year later just last summer which basically felt like I got my heart ripped out, still miss her.

My wife and I have 2 cats together now and I told her I don't know if we will get more, it hurts way too much.
The difference between dogs and cats is dogs have masters, cats have servants, and I’m okay with that………

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
This thread needs more cat content so here are pics of ours.

Alexander.
This was many years ago, he's 16 now and probably won't be with us for much longer. The best behaved cat of all time. Just sits calmly and quietly in the midst of all these beads my wife uses to make jewellery, incredible!

sass22.jpg

Joseph II
He's 2 years old now, this was taken when he was about 6 months old. Magical Christmas postcard shot taken by my magical wife. :)

triibu1.jpg

William.
Around the same age as Joseph, gets into anything and everything!

triibu11.jpg

I love them all but I had a special bond with Joseph I who passed a couple years ago. I had a bad accident, head injury, induced coma for a couple of days and unable to work for 7 weeks. Joseph basically sat on my head for the entire time I was passed out in bed which was about 5 weeks. I miss him more than words can say.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
This thread needs more cat content so here are pics of ours.

Alexander.
This was many years ago, he's 16 now and probably won't be with us for much longer. The best behaved cat of all time. Just sits calmly and quietly in the midst of all these beads my wife uses to make jewellery, incredible!

View attachment 904067

Joseph II
He's 2 years old now, this was taken when he was about 6 months old. Magical Christmas postcard shot taken by my magical wife. :)

View attachment 904068

William.
Around the same age as Joseph, gets into anything and everything!

View attachment 904069

I love them all but I had a special bond with Joseph I who passed a couple years ago. I had a bad accident, head injury, induced coma for a couple of days and unable to work for 7 weeks. Joseph basically sat on my head for the entire time I was passed out in bed which was about 5 weeks. I miss him more than words can say.
Cats are great company, here’s a pic of the late great Spike, RIP little buddy………

1725039913791.jpeg

Mr_Fun

Find me sombaty to love.
Oct 7, 2006
BC
Sorry to hear about your hearing problems. Ear plugs are a good idea for sure, I'm going to be doing that soon myself. So many musicians with hearing issues, that sucks.

My hearing loss story:

I had some idiot light off a bear banger/bomb right in my face at work inside the transfer station (large metal building). I now have damaged hearing in one ear and and a constant ringing noise -- tinnitus. This really sucks because I've invested about $10 000 and a lot of hours in my home studio. Basically, I now have to rely on AI to monitor some of the levels and some of the higher frequencies.

• Wow
Reactions: LeafSteel

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I’m pleased that HS 🏈 kicks off in earnest in the southeast tonight.
My locals are on the road but they all stream (kids do most of the work) so we’ll watch them

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
My hearing loss story:

I had some idiot light off a bear banger/bomb right in my face at work inside the transfer station (large metal building). I now have damaged hearing in one ear and and a constant ringing noise -- tinnitus. This really sucks because I've invested about $10 000 and a lot of hours in my home studio. Basically, I now have to rely on AI to monitor some of the levels and some of the higher frequencies.
Good grief, that's horrible! I'm wondering if you can sue the idiot. Just amazing how stupid people can be.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Tuxedo is Lily and all white is Bella.

Love my floofs. Have had cats since university and can’t see myself without them, and my sons adore them too.

I remember every cat I have and still miss the ones that have passed, including our kitten that passed last Spring despite our best efforts and paying over $2000 vet bill. Still heartbroken over her, she was such a love bug. :(

Attachments

• IMG_3384.jpeg
    IMG_3384.jpeg
    205.6 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3036.jpeg
    IMG_3036.jpeg
    245.5 KB · Views: 1

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad