OT: 'Off topic' thoughts

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Humorous anecdotes

A man suspects his wife is having an affair and he wants to catch her in the act. While en route home, he asks the cabbie if he would be a witness. For $100 tip, in addition to the cab fare from the Toronto airport, the cabbie agrees.

Quietly arriving home, the husband and cabbie tiptoe into the bedroom. The husband switches on the lights, yanks the blanket back and there is his wife in bed with another man! The husband puts a gun to the naked man's head.

The wife shouts, 'Don't do it! I lied when I told you I inherited money.

HE paid for the Corvette I gave you.

HE paid for our new Mercedes Benz convertible.

HE paid for your Maple Leafs season tickets.

HE paid for your Argo season tickets.

HE paid for our cottage in the Muskoka’s.

HE paid for our speed boat.

HE paid for your country club membership and HE even pays for your monthly dues!'

Shaking his head from side-to-side, the husband lowers the gun. He looks over at the cabbie and says, 'What would you do?'

The cabbie replies,
“I’d cover his bare ass with a blanket before he catches a cold, and give him back the Leafs tickets!”

Mr_Fun

Find me sombaty to love.
Oct 7, 2006
BC
I've decided that I want this guitar. I don't want to spend the money right now but I will probably buy one at some point in this calendar year. I've never played one, my understanding is that they might be hard to get used to but I am determined to try very hard and even if I fail, I can just hang it on a wall and stare at it. The Firebird is IMO the sexiest guitar ever made, these Epiphone sunbursts come in for a fraction of the price of a Gibson and they are getting rave reviews from pretty much everyone. Lynyrd Skynyrd is my second favorite band of all time so it doesn't hurt that Allen Collins played one of these, not to mention Johnny Winter. I don't have a bucket list but if I did, owning a Firebird would be on it.

Does anyone have experience with one of these hotties?

View attachment 804329

I will only add that if you do pull the trigger on that baby, make sure you have a decent amp to compliment it with.

Reactions: Gary Nylund

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
Anyone here hitting up NOFX last tour Aug 17/18 at Downsview? It's a beer fest/punk fest combo.
12-3pm free samples and drinks, then music until 10? I think not sure about that part. Should be fun.

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
Anyone here hitting up NOFX last tour Aug 17/18 at Downsview? It's a beer fest/punk fest combo.
12-3pm free samples and drinks, then music until 10? I think not sure about that part. Should be fun.
My buddy was just mentioning this tonight at the pub. Says he's going to it with an other buddy. Tickets were around $80+ from what he said.

Reactions: Metroid

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
Posted up at The Only Cafe this morning on the Danforth to work from there.

1000015601.jpg

Reactions: Leaf Rocket

the squared circle

Aug 3, 2005
Maple Leaf Gardens
Checked to see if tickets were available for the Black Crowes playing Massey Hall in April - they went on sale this morning at 10 - tickets were available but were $175 each for third balcony. C'mon man this is ridiculous. I know, I know, people will pay....

Last edited:
Reactions: Jojalu and ACC1224

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Checked to see if tickets were available for the Black Crowes playing Massey Hall in April - they went on sale this morning at 10 - tickets were available but were $175 each for third balcony. C'mon man this is ridiculous. I know, I know, people will pay....
In my humble opinion the two brothers aren’t the Black Crows, I had tickets to see them when Covid hit and am glad I got my refund.………

the squared circle

Aug 3, 2005
Maple Leaf Gardens
In my humble opinion the two brothers aren’t the Black Crows, I had tickets to see them when Covid hit and am glad I got my refund.………
Interesting. I haven't followed them at all. Just love their first two, maybe three albums. "Sometimes Salvation" and "Remedy" bringing back good memories.
Saw them opening for Robert Plant in 1990 at Maple Leaf Gardens. I was in grade 13. And speaking of 'Hard to Handle', on the drive to MLG, the BC's were being interviewed on Q107, and then they played their new single, Hard to Handle. When that unique chorus came on, we all burst out howling, wondering what the heck he was singing. It's funny the things you remember.....that howling in the car.....BC's being presented with a gold album on stage.....Robert Plant's long intro to one of my favourite songs ever, "in the Mood"....only 3 zep songs played.....and my friend Jason buying acid off some homeless-looking man on the street infront of MLG. GOOD TIMES

Reactions: Jojalu and rumman

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Interesting. I haven't followed them at all. Just love their first two, maybe three albums. "Sometimes Salvation" and "Remedy" bringing back good memories.
Saw them opening for Robert Plant in 1990 at Maple Leaf Gardens. I was in grade 13. And speaking of 'Hard to Handle', on the drive to MLG, the BC's were being interviewed on Q107, and then they played their new single, Hard to Handle. When that unique chorus came on, we all burst out howling, wondering what the heck he was singing. It's funny the things you remember.....that howling in the car.....BC's being presented with a gold album on stage.....Robert Plant's long intro to one of my favourite songs ever, "in the Mood"....only 3 zep songs played.....and my friend Jason buying acid off some homeless-looking man on the street infront of MLG. GOOD TIMES
Black Crows were a great band live, just not the same without the other members imo, if you want to see a good southern rock band that's still killing it check out Blackberry Smoke. BTW, I had my own acid meltdown watching Yes once at MLG concert in the round, had to be mid 70's last time I indulged in psychedelics, a man's gotta know his limitations.........

Reactions: the squared circle

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Just got tickets to see City and Colour and Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats , Feb 27 in Halifax.
$88.00 each, not too bad
Was thinking of getting tickets as well but the date/venue didn't work out. Should be a good show.
Was also going to grab Black Crowes tickets but not at that price. I paid pretty much that for Eagles tickets in March.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Agreed.

Glad I saw them at the Further Festival years ago.

Reactions: rumman

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Too much gaming talk, back to important stuff. I was looking for something at the LCBO yesterday and happened to see this on the shelf. I'd never tried the cask strength stuff but I've read about it lately, I like Laphroaig so on an impulse, I bought a bottle even though it was damn pricey. I tried some last night, holy smokes what a peat bomb. I'm honestly not ever sure I like it, perhaps my palate isn't sophisticated enough or maybe it's just too peaty but I guess I'll have to try it a couple more times to decide for sure. I don't normally add water to scotch but for this stuff it's a must, completely changes the taste and opens it up. This is batch 16, in batch 15 there are apparently instructions on the package to add double the amount of water to the scotch, but for this batch is says to add just a little bit. An interesting experiment anyway, next time I try it I will probably add more water than I did. If I had to say right now, I'd say I won't be buying any more of Laphroaig Cask Strength as I'd rather just by Lagavulin (8 or 16) but who knows. It's different anyway from any scotch I've tried before, VERY different!!

View attachment 802170
Ahhh ambrosia, the more smoke the better I say

Pity I don't drink anymore, but please do enjoy, I'll have to do so vicariously!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad