OT: Off-Topic, again.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Back in the fall of 2009 I got a severe ear infection-- down to15% hearing in one ear and 5% in the other. I gained a lot of compassion for those who are deaf, so many things you take for granted are not available to you! Most of my hearing did come back (it's not 100%) over the next 6 weeks and Mr Adz was shocked it returned at all. He and our business partner would come in my office, stand behind me and yell and I had no clue they were saying a word. Only thing I could hear was my then baby grand's squeaky little voice. Doc put me on Allegra and some sort of nasal steroid spray. I still take Allegra and double it every third day in Spring and Fall. It has kept me from getting ear infections but I always wear a hat in cool weather now. I do NOT want that again! In my case it WAS painful and I was trying everything to knock it back. At one point I kind of went on a trip from my concoctions and was updating my will.

Gas was $2.92 at my Thornton's yesterday.
Yeah luckily for me its mostly just been some pressure and some reduction in hearing. I can still hear our cat purring though ( she's pretty loud ) so I think its just a matter of time. Left ear is already in decent shape at this point.

Just more confirmation that something nasty is rolling around. Wife went to a Vanderbilt Urgent Care place today because she aspirated in her sleep yesterday and today started having issues with a fever and her chest feeling heavy. They told her that there is so much going around right now that they don't want to expose her to anything else so they are skipping the chest scan and just treating it like she has pneumonia.

We can't win for losing right now.

• Wow
Reactions: PredsV82 and Adz

PredsV82

All In LFG!
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Back in the fall of 2009 I got a severe ear infection-- down to15% hearing in one ear and 5% in the other. I gained a lot of compassion for those who are deaf, so many things you take for granted are not available to you! Most of my hearing did come back (it's not 100%) over the next 6 weeks and Mr Adz was shocked it returned at all. He and our business partner would come in my office, stand behind me and yell and I had no clue they were saying a word. Only thing I could hear was my then baby grand's squeaky little voice. Doc put me on Allegra and some sort of nasal steroid spray. I still take Allegra and double it every third day in Spring and Fall. It has kept me from getting ear infections but I always wear a hat in cool weather now. I do NOT want that again! In my case it WAS painful and I was trying everything to knock it back. At one point I kind of went on a trip from my concoctions and was updating my will.

Gas was $2.92 at my Thornton's yesterday.
And I'm just hearing about this now, why??? :P

(Whats the point of having medical friends, after all)

Reactions: hockey diva

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
And I'm just hearing about this now, why??? :P

(Whats the point of having medical friends, after all)
I've whined about it for years periodically, ha! If you hadn't been in Kentucky I'd have probably been at your doorstep, though. When I was writing out my will I was trying to get Mr A to contact Capt Nerdo so you doc types were definitely on my mind. Mr A convinced me to see an ENT nearby the next day. One thing to remember in your practice, V82-- please instruct your ENT receptionist/nurse, to not become irritated at a person because she did not hear you call her name. Um, I'm deaf. It's why I'm here... That was a head scratcher.

I bought gas at Thornton's for $2.859 a couple of days ago. Haven't seen that in awhile.

Reactions: adsfan and PredsV82

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
There is still one station in my neighborhood at $3.54. I have no idea why, when many others are $3.29, 25 cents less.
Yeah, I don't get it, either. I live in an area that is part of the General Services District vs the Urban Services District. I know our property taxes are lower because we don't receive certain services. It may be that that's all encompassing and the road taxes and other items built into the price of a gallon of gas is lower, too. I don't know, of course, but the outlying areas do tend to be a bit lower around the city (not counting next to the interstates)

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Yeah, I don't get it, either. I live in an area that is part of the General Services District vs the Urban Services District. I know our property taxes are lower because we don't receive certain services. It may be that that's all encompassing and the road taxes and other items built into the price of a gallon of gas is lower, too. I don't know, of course, but the outlying areas do tend to be a bit lower around the city (not counting next to the interstates)
The expensive gas station is in Glendale, a suburb of 13,000 people. I have heard that several Bucks players live there.

Your economics seems sound to me. Lower demand, lower taxes, means lower cost.

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
Sounds like you need more office days
iu

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I was in Vegas over the 4th seeing Dead and Co at the Sphere and got to enjoy the record high of 120 while there.
I’ll be there at the end of July so hopefully not 125 by then. June was a record monthly average so I’m not getting my hopes up.

Anyway we go a few times a year and actually saw U2 (and Tool) back in Feb. U2 was great in the Sphere. I’ll bet dead and co was great too.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I actually read some rumblings about that, but no specifics given. I'd love for that to happen. We're steps away from cutting the cord entirely and sports has been my holdout.

In other news at the end of this month your scribe is retiring from the animation business. 33 years, we started in my basement, then sold a couple of years ago but I stayed on. Mr Adz has been retired for about 6 months and now it's my turn.

We had the lunch/party today. Watch? Nah. Plaque? uh uh. They knew (well my son did, he works for them, too) Home Ryan O'Reilly jersey, yes thank you! I'd tried to get one at the arena for months before the season ended but none in my size. They've restocked. How do I know? -- I saw the credit card charge, heh. Keeping tabs on the money til I'm out the door.

PredsV82

All In LFG!
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I actually read some rumblings about that, but no specifics given. I'd love for that to happen. We're steps away from cutting the cord entirely and sports has been my holdout.

In other news at the end of this month your scribe is retiring from the animation business. 33 years, we started in my basement, then sold a couple of years ago but I stayed on. Mr Adz has been retired for about 6 months and now it's my turn.

We had the lunch/party today. Watch? Nah. Plaque? uh uh. They knew (well my son did, he works for them, too) Home Ryan O'Reilly jersey, yes thank you! I'd tried to get one at the arena for months before the season ended but none in my size. They've restocked. How do I know? -- I saw the credit card charge, heh. Keeping tabs on the money til I'm out the door.
Congratulations Adzy enjoy retirement. Cool that you were able to sell the business too. Your animation sequences were a highlight of those early years games

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN

Gratz! Now the fun starts. My Dad said he is busier now than before he retired :laugh:

Reactions: bdub24 and Adz

ShagDaddy

Nov 24, 2021
The Boro
Congratulations Adz!

The Preds organization hasn’t made any decisions regarding the stream for next season. Braden Gall is supposed to be talking with someone in hockey-ops (I believe it’s today) regarding this issue. He said he’d let us know on Lower Broad Hockey Substack so if I see anything I’ll relay the information.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad