OT: Off-Topic, again.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Gotcha, that parish does a traditional Latin Mass which requires good singers.

I don't know, but I can ask the next time I see him.
Yeah she has a degree in music performance, her senior recital is on youtube if anyone is into that kind of thing. She would probably like me to add that she has dropped a lot of weight since then :laugh:

• Love
Reactions: Adz

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I passed a few gas stations in Milwaukee today at $3.99!

I saw $3.27 at Kwik Trip in Whitewater yesterday and filled my wife's tank.

• Wow

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I passed a few gas stations in Milwaukee today at $3.99!

I saw $3.27 at Kwik Trip in Whitewater yesterday and filled my wife's tank.
$3.15 in Hermitage yesterday, who knows today (without consulting Gas Buddy, anyway -- I just went walking and I'm bushed, though. Typing is about as much as I can do at the moment.

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
20240527_195448.jpg

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Been out sick all week from work, kind of worried I was just being a pansy. Finally got to the doctor this morning and I have a sinus infection and an ear infection in both ears. Apparently the left is so bad she can't believe Its not causing me massive pain.

Guess I should have gotten my butt down there sooner.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Been out sick all week from work, kind of worried I was just being a pansy. Finally got to the doctor this morning and I have a sinus infection and an ear infection in both ears. Apparently the left is so bad she can't believe Its not causing me massive pain.

My wife is sick and it not COVID. She missed last night's rout of CV. My computer says that we have a "very high pollen count" today. There is yellowish-green stuff on the sidewalks under a lot of trees at work and home. She has a very sore throat.

predhead1

Aug 7, 2003
My wife is sick and it not COVID. She missed last night's rout of CV. My computer says that we have a "very high pollen count" today. There is yellowish-green stuff on the sidewalks under a lot of trees at work and home. She has a very sore throat.
I just started using Claritin this spring after suffering through constant congestion/sinus pressure/scratchy throat. It has made a huge difference for me, so if her symptoms are allergy related, it might be worth a shot for her. Obviously I'll defer to the MDs on the likelihood that his is an allergic reaction vs. something else, but thought I'd share my own experience as an FYI.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Yeah this isn't allergies, I took my allergy meds and it laughed at it. This is some bug going around. The nurse I was talking with said they were seeing people come in left and right with it and yeah its not Covid either.

I'd say its not as bad as the first time I had Covid ( confirmed anyways ) but its far worse than your normal " cold ".

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
I had 3 patients this week who complained of fever, chills and nasal congestion of varying severity so yes, there is some other virus circulating.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I had 3 patients this week who complained of fever, chills and nasal congestion of varying severity so yes, there is some other virus circulating.
I didn't ever get the fever or chills, well maybe a low grade one but nothing that you would even really notice. Biggest thing that got me really was the fatigue. That was flu level.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007

Is your hearing decreased? Because I get patients all the time who have been told they have an ear infection who actually don't. If you don't have pain and your hearing isn't decreased you don't have an ear infection

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I've been calling it RSV (Random Shitty Virus)
Congestion, fever and if you still have tonsils the sore throat is really bad.

Reactions: hockey diva

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Is your hearing decreased?
Yeah although I can hear out of it. It's mostly just a little pressure at this point. The left side seems to be clearing up while the right side is a little worse, which isn't surprising because the left was already infected and she said the right was basically on the verge.

The left sinus and ear is where it all started and then shifted to the right so it seems the left is clearing up before the right is, which at least to me makes sense.

Still not in any pain, I'm not grinning and bearing it or anything. Not taking any pain meds so I know that's not blunting anything either.
I've been calling it RSV (Random Shitty Virus)
Congestion, fever and if you still have tonsils the sore throat is really bad.
I have a bit of scratchy throat on the right side, but more annoying than painful.

Edit: Also I kind of blame myself for the right side, didn't even think about using my headphones and it making it worse. I made sure to leave it off the left side, but they were on the right side. It dawned on me yesterday morning so I've stopped using them for now.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Wanted to update the Docs a bit. Figured out why my right ear got worse. I discovered I have a canker sore at the back of my tongue on that side. When I get them there it can cause a sore throat and that tube that runs from your mouth to your ear to get a little funky. I'd say the combo of the two is making that side feels worse.

Also explains why I suddenly go a sore throat on that side when I haven't had one all week.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Wanted to update the Docs a bit. Figured out why my right ear got worse. I discovered I have a canker sore at the back of my tongue on that side. When I get them there it can cause a sore throat and that tube that runs from your mouth to your ear to get a little funky. I'd say the combo of the two is making that side feels worse.

Also explains why I suddenly go a sore throat on that side when I haven't had one all week.
That phenomenon is called referred pain. And those in the back are brutal, I get them periodically

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN

Back in the fall of 2009 I got a severe ear infection-- down to15% hearing in one ear and 5% in the other. I gained a lot of compassion for those who are deaf, so many things you take for granted are not available to you! Most of my hearing did come back (it's not 100%) over the next 6 weeks and Mr Adz was shocked it returned at all. He and our business partner would come in my office, stand behind me and yell and I had no clue they were saying a word. Only thing I could hear was my then baby grand's squeaky little voice. Doc put me on Allegra and some sort of nasal steroid spray. I still take Allegra and double it every third day in Spring and Fall. It has kept me from getting ear infections but I always wear a hat in cool weather now. I do NOT want that again! In my case it WAS painful and I was trying everything to knock it back. At one point I kind of went on a trip from my concoctions and was updating my will.

Gas was $2.92 at my Thornton's yesterday.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad