GDT: 2024-2025 Training Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
As for lines for Saturday and Sunday, based on the rosters and previous practice combos, I'm guessing the following:

VS DETROIT
DOC - Eller - Acciari
McGroarty - Ponomarev - Puljujarvi
Bemstrom - Broz - Puustinen
Andonovski - Huntington - Hayes

Graves - St. Ivany
Ludvig - Aho
Pickering - Shea

VS OTTAWA
Beauvillier - Crosby - Rust
Bunting - Malkin - Rakell
Hayes - Lizotte - Glass
Gruden - Poulin - Imama

Grzelcyk - Letang
Pettersson - Hollowell
Renouf - Brunicke

Reactions: Andy99

Johnny Rifle

Pittsburgh Penguins
Apr 7, 2018
Hampton, VA
Puustinen isn’t making this team and it’s a god damn shame. The ONE guy who showed a pulse in the bottom six last season.

Silly-van doesn’t believe in scoring third lines, and his fourth lines never start in the offensive zone, so obviously a group of slow but “defensively responsible” overpriced vets are needed to fill the bottom six.

I don’t know why we can’t put together an “energy” line as our fourth line with some youth and speed. It flies in the face of everything Silly-van stands for, which is exactly why we should do it.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
I hope they waive Puustinen and he's claimed by Columbus and is given a better shot there with Evason. At least then with my wife I can watch the Jackets and not feel annoyed.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Silly-van doesn’t believe in scoring third lines, and his fourth lines never start in the offensive zone, so obviously a group of slow but “defensively responsible” overpriced vets are needed to fill the bottom six.

I don’t know why we can’t put together an “energy” line as our fourth line with some youth and speed. It flies in the face of everything Silly-van stands for, which is exactly why we should do it.

Sulliturd has never understood how to deploy the third and fourth lines. What we think he understood is what Tocchet has done with his bottom 6 as a head coach. Sullivan meanwhile uses the third and fourth as two fourth line checking roles that aren't used to maintain pressure, cycle, or wear down opponents. It's just there to sort of not get scored on and play while Sid's line gets rested enough. He can barely figure out how to help Geno.

Dubas can keep getting players but Sullivan will keep using them the way he wants vs how they should be used. It's how he thinks, the arrogance in his ideas being greater than the player being a success in a usage he feels he doesn't need to bother with is why so many players come over and look terrible.

He talks about needing offense, but then won't give those types of players a fair shot. So he will play players that are mostly devoid of offense - White, Harkins, Acciari, and then act like he was given poor options all the while not giving players like Puustinen a better shot, not playing Puljujarvi enough, Hallander literally left because of this shit.

It's just exhausting saying this over and over while seeing Sullivan continue to do this same shit for an 8th year while getting praised. At this point I can't wait for him to f*** up the US team in the world cup, that should be his true coming out party for a lot that still herald him as a top 5 coach. It'll be when his facade is finally f***ing over.

Reactions: Kasperi kapanen

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Jets fans are saying Yager has been impressive (playing tonight) and is going to be their 2C in the near future…if that turns out to be the case then trading him was stupid, and I like McG but he’s a winger…

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
As for lines for Saturday and Sunday, based on the rosters and previous practice combos, I'm guessing the following:

VS DETROIT
DOC - Eller - Acciari
McGroarty - Ponomarev - Puljujarvi
Bemstrom - Broz - Puustinen
Andonovski - Huntington - Hayes

Graves - St. Ivany
Ludvig - Aho
Pickering - Shea

VS OTTAWA
Beauvillier - Crosby - Rust
Bunting - Malkin - Rakell
Hayes - Lizotte - Glass
Gruden - Poulin - Imama

Grzelcyk - Letang
Pettersson - Hollowell
Renouf - Brunicke
So they want to see more out of Puusy but play him what, 2 games in the preseason? Lol he's now on the third line with Broz? Why wouldn't you put him with Eller and Doc where he was good last year? To put Acciari as the top winger...

Tell me the coach doesn't have a bias without telling me the coach doesn't have a bias. I am actually legitimately f***ing pissed off.

I really f***ing wish I wasn't a fan of this team anymore. I wish it was that easy.

f*** this coach.

Reactions: Darren McCord

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
Jets fans are saying Yager has been impressive (playing tonight) and is going to be their 2C in the near future…if that turns out to be the case then trading him was stupid, and I like McG but he’s a winger…
They're doing what every team with a shiny new toy does. Yager hasn't done anything in preseason nor much in training camp.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
So they want to see more out of Puusy but play him what, 2 games in the preseason? Lol he's now on the third line with Broz? Why wouldn't you put him with Eller and Doc where he was good last year? To put Acciari as the top winger...

Tell me the coach doesn't have a bias without telling me the coach doesn't have a bias. I am actually legitimately f***ing pissed off.

I really f***ing wish I wasn't a fan of this team anymore. I wish it was that easy.

f*** this coach.

Puustinen should go play a year of NCAA in Boston. He would get out on Crosby wing and get top PP time. Heck he might even get a shot on D and in net with that resume

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Winnipeg has won one (1) more playoff round than this team since the back to back Cups. Just because they're one of half the teams in the league to make the playoffs is not something they should hang their hat on. It's exactly what I'm hoping this team doesn't fall into--being happy to just simply make the playoffs with zero shot to ever make a deep run or challenge for a Cup.

Reactions: Gurglesons

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
I feel like Puustinen is more suited for the Top 6 than O'Connor and could be even better than Rakell. He's very smart and makes quick descions with the puck offensively. I don't get why he is even battling for a spot after his play last season. He should be a lock, especially with Guentzel gone.

I'd put Puustinen with Sid and see what happens, he's got very high hockey smarts, that sort of thing goes well with 87.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I feel like Puustinen is more suited for the Top 6 than O'Connor and could be even better than Rakell. He's very smart and makes quick descions with the puck offensively. I don't get why he is even battling for a spot after his play last season. He should be a lock, especially with Guentzel gone.

I'd put Puustinen with Sid and see what happens, he's got very high hockey smarts, that sort of thing goes well with 87.

Watching some behind the scenes stuff in camp it seems like DOC is next to Sid in the room and Sid was talking to him a ton. You know what that means.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

f*** this coach.
To be honest, it's going to be a lot easier to quit this team cold turkey once Sid and Geno have retired. Then I won't have the emotional attachment to wanting to see them rise up the all-time lists any longer and can tune out completely since this organization has made Sullivan the real franchise player.

This is why I laugh when folks talk about "hurry up and rebuild". Do people not realize that as long as Sullivan is around, we'll continue to see a bunch of shitty 30+ year old plugs get all the prime minutes while the prospects waste away in WBS/healthy scratched? Our roster will essentially be the same as it is now but minus Sid and Geno (simply replaced by two 30+ year old lesser vets signed in free agency). People thinking that the youngsters will be given key roles are fooling themselves.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad