GDT: Off-season/July 1st Free Agent frenzy thread-Is Joey Crabb still available?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreChamps
Jul 13, 2013

FmWEdYkaYAASO0q.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: MaWa and 5 Hole

Beezers Mask

Oct 5, 2021
The more I look at our cap situation the more difficult the next two seasons seem cap wise. And it mostly comes down to goaltending. It’s going to be way too difficult to Resign Reinhart, Verhaeghe, and Bennett, and find a second pair right D to play with Mikkola while paying our goalies 14.5 million.

Yes Ekblad’s 7.5 against the cap isn’t great this year but it will be coming off the books next season and I can’t see him getting anywhere near that from us going forward if he stays. And even if he is traded this offseason that leave 2 RD to sign for this year with now an extra 7.5 but will be taken up by one of those guys anyway.

I can’t really see them trading Bob at this point after he just one a cup, but maybe they do. It seems like our best option is to trade Knight for a long term RD option or the assets we can flip to get a RD. Then bring back Stolarz as the backup for a couple of years and revisit the goaltending after Bob is up.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
The more I look at our cap situation the more difficult the next two seasons seem cap wise. And it mostly comes down to goaltending. It’s going to be way too difficult to Resign Reinhart, Verhaeghe, and Bennett, and find a second pair right D to play with Mikkola while paying our goalies 14.5 million.

Yes Ekblad’s 7.5 against the cap isn’t great this year but it will be coming off the books next season and I can’t see him getting anywhere near that from us going forward if he stays. And even if he is traded this offseason that leave 2 RD to sign for this year with now an extra 7.5 but will be taken up by one of those guys anyway.

I can’t really see them trading Bob at this point after he just one a cup, but maybe they do. It seems like our best option is to trade Knight for a long term RD option or the assets we can flip to get a RD. Then bring back Stolarz as the backup for a couple of years and revisit the goaltending after Bob is up.
Knight was definitely a possibility, but today was the day for that. Bob-Knight it is....

scholl

Jun 26, 2019
Helsinki, Finland

I think Stolarz walks like Lyon did but a replacement is needed. I am not 100% sure that Knight is ready for the NHL because of that mental issue and Bob playing so much. Therefore I was thinking that one option is to keep him in the AHL and recall him once a high earning player is injured. Next year he'd be more mature to take part of the responsibility in the net.

If Ekblad isn't traded, Montour isn't coming back. Balinskis and Björnfot will have bigger roles. I think that Reino is signed at ~ $9m and both OEL and Stenlund take reasonable contracts to stay. Lomberg plays for peanuts. Same applies to Mahura. Lundell is problematic. He is staying but how the contract is going to look. Regular season Anton earned a bridge deal but playoff Anton earned a long-term deal that Panthers can't afford to pay. So maybe he takes 5 x $5 ish. He needs to earn more than Knight.

Zito said that they would like to bring as many players back as possible but some changes makes the roster hungrier. Some of those changes come from own organization and some might get signed from elsewhere.
We don't need to sign as many players as last year because the team doesn't start a new season so badly injured. Hence there's room for improvement for some players who didn't couldn't earn a spot in the roster. Tarasenko, Okposo, Cousins, Montour and Kulikov are the players that I think are gone.

scholl

Jun 26, 2019
Helsinki, Finland
The salary cap will go up by four millions in 2025 and there will be no Yandle in the books which means that they'll have $5+ m compared to what they have this summer. I think that Bennett isn't getting an extension. He is injured a lot and Lundell will be ready to replace him. Verhaeghe resigns for ~ $8 AAV.

Reactions: Boothinator

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002

We have like 8M too much spent on goalies

Reactions: Beezers Mask

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Was this Draft the most disrespected Draft we ever saw??
Its unusual that none Team congratulation the Panthers for their Cup Win. That never happend ever once before. Alex Baumgartner brought up this.
And i would really agree, no matter how short the Time was, for me is this complete disrespect from the League, this even happend from Teams you would call better tradeing Partner with our Team.

Why no one even said one congratulation Panther for winning your first Stanley Cup.

Reactions: behemolari

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Second thought who goes who stays, since its alredy known and he scored the Cup winning Goal.
Reinhardt will stay new Contract 9-9,5 Milion conract,
so we up to 77 only with Reinhardt contract, Montour most likely will hit the Markt tomorrow.
I personal hope OEL stays here liked his play. beside its a matter what he cost.
Mahura and Lundell will also stay RFA, more interisting is what will look like the Lundell Contract, his Season was good and his PreSeason also. So this Contract will be interisting.

I gues Lomberg and Lorents as fourth liner will stay. The rest is for me unknown.

Reactions: behemolari

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014
Was this Draft the most disrespected Draft we ever saw??
Its unusual that none Team congratulation the Panthers for their Cup Win. That never happend ever once before. Alex Baumgartner brought up this.
And i would really agree, no matter how short the Time was, for me is this complete disrespect from the League, this even happend from Teams you would call better tradeing Partner with our Team.

Why no one even said one congratulation Panther for winning your first Stanley Cup.
Who cares? The league told teams to cut back on silly formalities. 31 teams congratulating us would have done nothing but waste time. If it is the standard going forward, then it's a huge win for me.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Who cares? The league told teams to cut back on silly formalities. 31 teams congratulating us would have done nothing but waste time. If it is the standard going forward, then it's a huge win for me.

Some Things are formal you do and some Things you can pass on. Like Thank the City and Fans of Utah to welcome to the League and thanks for the hostality. The 1st Round Draft going only for an hour or an 1 hour 30 Mins.

Dont like it, you can cut things but a formal part is a must.

Reactions: behemolari and MaWa

Aksu

We did it.
Nov 10, 2013
Finland
Some Things are formal you do and some Things you can pass on. Like Thank the City and Fans of Utah to welcome to the League and thanks for the hostality. The 1st Round Draft going only for an hour or an 1 hour 30 Mins.

Dont like it, you can cut things but a formal part is a must.
It takes literally 5 seconds to congratulate Florida for winning the cup. :rolleyes:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad