Blue Jays Discussion: Off-season Edition 5.0 - The Winter Meeting Chronicles

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Source: Rogers convinces Atkins to get hot on the trail of EE after learning poster HamiltonNHL is going to switch to Bell if they don't sign him. Report suggest they're adding all money from HamiltonNHL's bill to the payroll to ensure they get the deal done

Garlando

May 5, 2014
Kingston, Ontario
Hypothetically if EE were to come back to Toronto on a better deal than 4/80, let's say 3/60 ish, do Shapiro and Atkins become gods among a lot of the fan base?

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
might of been said but ig uess Nats paid up because Eaton has one of the best contracts in the MLB?

2017: $4M, 2018: $6M, 2019: $8.4M
2020 Team Option: $9.5M ($1.5M buyout)
2021 Team Option: $10.5M ($1.5M buyout)

Stringer Bell

Dec 16, 2009
Source: Rogers convinces Atkins to get hot on the trail of EE after learning poster HamiltonNHL is going to switch to Bell if they don't sign him. Report suggest they're adding all money from HamiltonNHL's bill to the payroll to ensure they get the deal done

Where did you hear this

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
Your guy A.J. Pollack is probably a hefty price too. Peralta tho?

Well absolutely. He's a better all around player, true CF, when healthy.

I shutter to think what he would cost with these GM's high on PCP at the meetings agreeing to deals.

Peralta, I have no clue what his market is or what value people gauge him at.

Garlando

May 5, 2014
Kingston, Ontario
I still say Seattle seems like a potentially good fit for EE. He's really tight with Cano and Cruz and the M's only have Vogelbach at 1st. They are in win now mode with an aging core and have looked at power bats.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
might of been said but ig uess Nats paid up because Eaton has one of the best contracts in the MLB?

2017: $4M, 2018: $6M, 2019: $8.4M
2020 Team Option: $9.5M ($1.5M buyout)
2021 Team Option: $10.5M ($1.5M buyout)

It's funny because the Eaton contract was mocked off of the Starling Marte contract.

2017: $5MM, 2018: $7.5MM, 2019: $10MM
2020 Team Option: $12.5MM ($2M buyout)
2021 Team option: $13.5MM ($2M buyout)

Except Marte is all the awesome, and I wouldn't have been surprised if he was acquired for that package. Eaton tho....yeesh. And before anyone says "but 6.0fWAR"...we will never, ever, see Adam Eaton with that defensive value again. Book it.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
So Chi Sox were going to get Gio + Robles + Lopez for Sale, opted on Moncada headliner, still get Gio + Lopez for Eaton. They have ~5-6 top 100 guys now and they can still scorch earth and pick up some more premium prospects for Quintana, Frazier and Abreu.

Might as well have some fun with it and just see how many top 100s you can pile up.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Indians' gamesmanship? We poach their front office, they try to price EE into the stratosphere. I'd call the Indians' bluff and let them outbid the Jays. Cleveland's payroll for the past 3 seasons averaged around $80M. They probably aren't spending $20M+ AAV for any free agent.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Indians' gamesmanship? We poach their front office, they try to price EE into the stratosphere. I'd call the Indians' bluff and let them outbid the Jays. Cleveland's payroll for the past 3 seasons averaged around $80M. They probably aren't spending $20M+ AAV for any free agent.

Nah. The Jays already having added Pearce and Morales means they have no reason to get into a bidding war for Edwin.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
Nah. The Jays already having added Pearce and Morales means they have no reason to get into a bidding war for Edwin.

Correct. Also, the Jays hold the advantage over any other suitor because of the lack of draft pick comp cost.

At the end of every sentence during the negotiation should be a very simple "eat **** , Kinzer."

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
Wow, one hell of a haul for Eaton. An overrated player IMO whose value will quickly plummet if his defense and baserunning slips a little (also generally the first thing to go) but great job by the White Sox. For years they have been selling their farm system to try to compete and it has failed time and time again. I am glad to see them focusing on re-stocking their farm system and getting massive returns on the guys they do have.

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
I bet Morales is happy he took his contract when he did. He'd probably be in the same position as EE right now. It'd be stressful, no doubt.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Correct. Also, the Jays hold the advantage over any other suitor because of the lack of draft pick comp cost.

At the end of every sentence during the negotiation should be a very simple "eat **** , Kinzer."

Disagree, if we operate under the assumption that if we don't sign EE then someone else will period to the June draft(which is a solid assumption) then we'd be foregoing our draft pick compensation for EE by signing him.

I mean, we'll have a slight advantage since we'd be foregoing a sandwich pick while most other teams would be forfeiting a higher pick, but either way whoever signs him will be losing a pick for it, whether that's someone else losing a pick they already have, or us foregoing a pick we'd be expect to get

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
I bet Morales is happy he took his contract when he did. He'd probably be in the same position as EE right now. It'd be stressful, no doubt.

he wouldve just been another plan b that a team went to instead of ee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad