Blue Jays Discussion: Off-season Edition 5.0 - The Winter Meeting Chronicles

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Time for the Red Sox to fire Dombrowski so the White Sox can hire him. He'll know what to do with all the prospects, give him a year and that won't be a concern :sarcasm:

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Big haul. One thing to keep in mind is that Eaton has 5 years of cheap control, whereas Sale is a FA after 3.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008

cardinals general manager john mozeliak, who has pressed the pedal on the team’s need for speed, continued meeting with opposing teams and free agents about the cardinals’ opening at center or left field. He described the process as “some clarity is starting to shake out.†team policy is not to talk about specific pursuits. The cardinals have met with the representatives for fowler and, at the least, discussed some parameters for a deal. The cardinals have also explored this offseason if free-agent ian desmond would be a fit, even if the former shortstop is an outfielder for 2017 and at another position in 2018.

On wednesday morning, the post-dispatch confirmed desmond had agreed to a deal with the colorado rockies. this could create movement for one of the other outfielders the cardinals have have had interest in, charlie blackmon. Colorado is open to trading blackmon, according to two sources. The cardinals and rockies have spoken before. Blackmon is coming off a career year and two sources described how the rockies are seeking a high return.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Damn, they get Reynaldo Lopez too, that's a trade White Sox

Jesus. The rumored Sale package was Giolito + Robles + filler. the downgrade from Robles to Lopez isn't all that big. So basically the White Sox got what amounts to close to their desired Sale packages from both interested parties after this.

no13matssundin

May 16, 2004
If EE re-signs, I would say our team could be better on paper going into next season than it was this past season.

Morales + Pearce >= Baustista + Saunders imo

We'd still need another OF, and bullpen arms of course.

It will be interesting to see where Saunders lands - if he isn't too expensive I wouldn't mind bringing him back on a short term deal.

If EE resigns, I would a) BE THRILLED and b) not say we're better on paper as our bullpen is weaker as of this moment. Bautista is still a large hole to fill. BUT I will say that EE, Morales & Pearce makes us on par with where we were batting wise (I think Pearce can play better than Saunders if he stays healthy) if they play up to snuff.

I'm still holding out hope that both EE & Bautista resign or EE & Fowler. At THAT point we're better on paper.

But it's looking good, nonetheless.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County

giphy.gif

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
So if Blackmon is dealt to STL, Fowler's market follows JB's and EE's into the tank.

...is it too late to trade Morales and Pearce and sign EE/JB/Fowler for bargain deals?

no13matssundin

May 16, 2004
It's like the last 24 hours has been bizarro world in the MLB... Bautista and EE go from gone gone gone to really possibly maybe being Jays again... AND we got other bats on top of it. Yes, we need to fill the pen, but it would be WAY better than I expected.

IF (and it's a big if) I'm really happy. What looked like a disaster from Management may be a real turn around... I might even.... (cough) ....PRAISE them.... maybe.

:)

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
> Edwin goes to Indians
> becomes biggest pariah in the city since Vince Carter

:popcorn: :laugh:

Unless he's getting paid 8 bucks and a pack of gum, I can't see how that cheap skate team will fork out the money for him. Their highest paid player last year was a reliever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad