Blue Jays Discussion: Off-season Edition 5.0 - The Winter Meeting Chronicles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
if you are still watching sportsnet they are still making money, advertising makes more than the % of your bill allocated to sportsnet.

His comment didn't have anything to do with a anti Jays motive. Bell is better than Rogers, ergo his comment and mine before it, you should switch anyway

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010

Nats after all the White Sox pieces, they need an outfield too so this makes sense

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
His comment didn't have anything to do with a anti Jays motive. Bell is better than Rogers, ergo his comment and mine before it, you should switch anyway

yep I did realize that I was directing it at the guy he was relying too. thought rather than go back and do it all again ill just leave it, I hope he wasn't too offended

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Its just a media (both local and American) idea, spurned simply by laziness really. Also, some odd hatred a couple of the local media have for him...for some reason (McCown, for one).

Atkins was asked bluntly about it this morning, and answered that it would take a drastic overpay to even consider it. That ain't Blackmon. Heck, its easier to list the players who represent drastic overpays since the list is quite short.

if Revere was signed somewhere the list would include Revere right? :sarcasm:

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
As long as we're mulling possible homecomings, what about Rajai as a Plan B instead of Revere?

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Stop that! :shakehead:

You know I hate Revere! :rant:

SierraStopSign.gif.opt.gif

Imma pull out my inner Sierra and not listen to your stop sign

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
The local media's willingness to trade Stroman for a bat is especially confounding given that our pitching rotation has virtually no depth beyond the starting 5.

We need to be adding arms, not removing them...

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
The local media's willingness to trade Stroman for a bat is especially confounding given that our pitching rotation has virtually no depth beyond the starting 5.

We need to be adding arms, not removing them...

Well the local media looks at his ERA and win totals and conclude hes not as important as Happ and Sanchez.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
i asked this the other day, was this to me? (how long until a FA can be traded)?

so basically its a limited no trade till june 15?

nah there were some posts a couple pages back on it

But yeah, basically a full NTC until June 15 that can be waived by the player.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Well the local media looks at his ERA and win totals and conclude hes not as important as Happ and Sanchez.

you're giving them too much credit. Zaun and a lot of the circus look at his height and think that's enough information to make conclusions

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Oberholtzer is a nice pickup to be a depth starter option. More like the Brad Penny experiment last spring, or previous names like Todd Redmond, Tomo Ohka, Roberto Hernandez, Felix Doubront, etc. The guy you maybe stash in Buffalo if you need a #5 starter fill-in for a few weeks due to injury. I wouldn't look at him as a pen arm for the MLB roster.

It's a minor move, but it's the kind of move that good teams need to make. the kind that doesn't say anything else about any other free agency/winter meeting plans or options but just quietly slots into the background in case we need it later on.

Neil Hamburger

Five Bagger!
Jun 15, 2010
Toronto

If EE re-signs, I would say our team could be better on paper going into next season than it was this past season.

Morales + Pearce >= Baustista + Saunders imo

We'd still need another OF, and bullpen arms of course.

It will be interesting to see where Saunders lands - if he isn't too expensive I wouldn't mind bringing him back on a short term deal.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010

Of course they do, and of course we won't. Latest news, Jays have interest in Mike Trout but Angels won't trade him for Devon Travis straight up

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
If we were to sign EE though that takes us out on Fowler you'd think, and I kinda have my heart set on him TBH. The OF would still need to be dealt with with probably 1 addition and it would likely have to come through trade since any signing would be too cheap to be good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $5,000.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium