Speculation: Off-Season 2013 - Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

2 Weekes Notice

Apr 10, 2012
Non-traditional Land
How about offer sheeting Ryan McDonagh? He'd be a little cheaper and would cost less in draft picks. We'd still have room to sign a 2C and at that point we'd probably have enough to make the playoffs, making our picks not worth as much.

$1,110,249 or below - No Compensation
Over $1,110,249 to $1,682,194 - 3rd round pick
Over $1,682,194 to $3,364,391 - 2nd round pick
Over $3,364,391 to $5,046,585 - 1st round pick, 3rd
Over $5,046,585 to $6,728,781 - 1st round pick, 2nd, 3rd
Over $6,728,781 To $8,410,976 - Two 1st Round Picks, 2nd, 3rd
Over $8,410,976 - Four 1st Round Picks

Give McDonagh $6 million for 6 years and this team gets a hell of a lot better. No more need for Jones either.

Purcell Stamkos St. Louis
Killorn (Aquired C) Drouin
Palat Johnson Panik
Pyatt Thompson Crombeen
Pouliot

Hedman McDonagh
Carle Gudas
Aulie Brewer
Barberio

Bishop
Lindback

I would lose my **** if we acquired McD. Outstanding player and we took some classes together in college. Would get a sweater for sure.

Sadly I think the Rags would match anything, especially under 6.7.

TBLHoser

Jul 2, 2009
Sunshine State
I would lose my **** if we acquired McD. Outstanding player and we took some classes together in college. Would get a sweater for sure.

Sadly I think the Rags would match anything, especially under 6.7.

Exactly. They aren't hurting in the cap space department right now. Good thing for the Lightning is they have $14M coming off the cap over the next 3 years so that bodes well for the future and resigning our young guys. By then, Drouin or Barkov or ? will be coming off their rookie contract.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Renaud Lavoie ‏@RenLavoieRDS 51 s
Bruins are really active right now. Tyler Seguin is one of the players that could be traded. Lightning is one of many teams in the mix.

Why would Boston want to move him? It'll cost the #3 +, depending on the + I don't know if we should be interested. He's better than Drouin/Barkov now but he really hasn't taken off like he was expected. He also has yet to play C in the NHL so he might not make a good 2C.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Bruins are really active right now. Tyler Seguin is one of the players that could be traded. Lightning is one of many teams in the mix.

I've seen several tweets that mentioning a King's ransom having to come back to the Bruins.

Question is, which King? The King of Sweden would catch a far higher price than the King of Sealand. (I know Sealand is currently ruled by a guy who still considers himself 'prince', but work with me here.)

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
Why would Boston want to move him? It'll cost the #3 +, depending on the + I don't know if we should be interested. He's better than Drouin/Barkov now but he really hasn't taken off like he was expected. He also has yet to play C in the NHL so he might not make a good 2C.

Not necessarily. They need space to sign Bergeron and Horton.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
All depends which direction they want to go.

hot off the twitter machine:
Nathan Horton has informed Boston he's moving on and exploring UFA. His UFA rights are now available in trade.
https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/status/351031255527206913

Horton's agent Paul Krepelka: "Nathan has told BOS he wants to explore free agency. It's not a financial issue, just a decision to move on."
https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/status/351031748735406080

As has been widely reported, Nathan Horton is headed to free agency. Asking price of 6 years, $6 million per too expensive for #Bruins.
https://twitter.com/SpectorsHockey/status/351035728345571328

Last edited:

Doctor Drej

Unregistered User
Jan 10, 2009
The Quiet Room

eh, not sure how i feel about seguin. pretty absent performance from these playoffs. then again, us lightning fans know exactly how much of a spark plug he can be (game 2 ECF).

Not in favor of any trade that involves the #3 pick.

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
eh, not sure how i feel about seguin. pretty absent performance from these playoffs. then again, us lightning fans know exactly how much of a spark plug he can be (game 2 ECF).

Not in favor of any trade that involves the #3 pick.
For what it's worth, as a Bruins fan, the feeling that I got was his European Vacation during the lockout really screwed the kid up... he was pretty good early in the season, but hit some kind of wall late in the year where NOTHING would go in for him.

I didn't think his struggles were related to any lack of effort or lack of willingness to "pay the price" so to speak. I just thought he was putting a lot of pressure on himself and was gripping his stick WAY too hard.

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
Let's trade for Seguin and sign him to an $85M/11y contract.

The only player we should be pursuing this offseason is Letang. Trade away everything.

#3 (+?) for Kris Letang and rights to Tyler Kennedy? Would that even be possible?

Last edited:

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
Oh dear god!

I went back and started from the beginning of that thread.

Clearing room for Stamkos! Or the 3rd and MSL!

They need a new source of drinking water up there, I think there may be a serious problem.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Erik Johnson's name I've heard in a couple rumors. One: Johnson and No. 1 for Hedman and No. 3. Sorry, I don't do that if I'm Avs
https://twitter.com/adater/status/351045919812239360
And I doubt that will happen
https://twitter.com/adater/status/351046066776457217

for those not playing along at home, what he's saying is:
To TB: Erik Johnson, #1 pick
To COL: Hedman, #3 pick

If this package happened, then TB would be logically going after Seth Jones. It sounds pretty far fetched IMO, but that's the rumor.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

Avs beat writer saying Johnson + 1st overall for Hedman + 3rd overall is possible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad