Speculation: Off-Season 2013 - Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
I feel stupid for asking this question as I have been a fan of this sport all my life. Lets say we offer sheet Petro, and the blues match. Can he still decide to just take the lightning contract?

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I feel stupid for asking this question as I have been a fan of this sport all my life. Lets say we offer sheet Petro, and the blues match. Can he still decide to just take the lightning contract?

Petro would sign an offer sheet first and then the Blues would have to match.

If the Blues did match, Petro goes to the Blues.

Cigar City

Apr 21, 2012
Tampa
I'm not prepared to give up 4 first rounders for Petro...

Especially since we'll be drafting Ekblad next year.

JFleegs

Dec 9, 2010
Virginia Beach
I think this has been said before but I saw Bob Mckenzie mention Tampa trading for filppula's rights, that sounds like a nice option.

Yzlamic Preacher*

I think this has been said before but I saw Bob Mckenzie mention Tampa trading for filppula's rights, that sounds like a nice option.

I talked about this before in a earlier post. The only downside I see from Filpulla is he might get over paid by a million or so. 4 years at 4 to 4.5 is what I would find fair. But he probably will get 5 - 6 Million per.

Also scary thought, I. HOPE. WE. DON'T. GO. FOR. TYLER ****ING BLOWZAK.

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa
I talked about this before in a earlier post. The only downside I see from Filpulla is he might get over paid by a million or so. 4 years at 4 to 4.5 is what I would find fair. But he probably will get 5 - 6 Million per.

Also scary thought, I. HOPE. WE. DON'T. GO. FOR. TYLER ****ING BLOWZAK.

Even $4m is a lot for a 29yr old with one 66 point season, and usually around 40.

NHL TOTALS 483 100 151 251

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Even $4m is a lot for a 29yr old with one 66 point season, and usually around 40.

NHL TOTALS 483 100 151 251

Agree that's what we Red Wing fans have been saying all along, That even at $4mil Filppula is way over paid he's putting up the numbers of a 3rd line winger and should be paid as such He's currently making $3mil and that's all he's worth.

Pontius Palat

Lurker
Dec 7, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
I'm not prepared to give up 4 first rounders for Petro...

Especially since we'll be drafting Ekblad next year.

How about offer sheeting Ryan McDonagh? He'd be a little cheaper and would cost less in draft picks. We'd still have room to sign a 2C and at that point we'd probably have enough to make the playoffs, making our picks not worth as much.

$1,110,249 or below - No Compensation
Over $1,110,249 to $1,682,194 - 3rd round pick
Over $1,682,194 to $3,364,391 - 2nd round pick
Over $3,364,391 to $5,046,585 - 1st round pick, 3rd
Over $5,046,585 to $6,728,781 - 1st round pick, 2nd, 3rd
Over $6,728,781 To $8,410,976 - Two 1st Round Picks, 2nd, 3rd
Over $8,410,976 - Four 1st Round Picks

Give McDonagh $6 million for 6 years and this team gets a hell of a lot better. No more need for Jones either.

Purcell Stamkos St. Louis
Killorn (Aquired C) Drouin
Palat Johnson Panik
Pyatt Thompson Crombeen
Pouliot

Hedman McDonagh
Carle Gudas
Aulie Brewer
Barberio

Bishop
Lindback

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
Never been more excited for Sunday to come haha. I just can't wait for some clarity to the situation. I'm going to take a few guesses:

1) Nothing dramatic happens at #3. We either take Drouin or Barkov. Jones doesnt fall to us. Either will be a great player so... YAY!
2) We trade Pouliout's rights to someone (maybe pheonix). We get like a 5 or a 6/7 for him, just because we always want more low picks :)
3) Malone and Brewer are both shopped, but no one takes a chance on them. No more low picks for us.
4) Crazy rumors swirl about "how we were so close to trading Marty" or how we "Almost traded for Pheneof" but none of the rumors have any validity.
5) There is an off chance a Purcell for a top line-D may happen this weekend, but that feels unlikely too me now. I get a feeling they want to keep Teddy around, especially after the buyout.

This is nothing more than the ramblings of a crazy man, of course haha.

jg39

SFY is great
Aug 16, 2007
NC
How about offer sheeting Ryan McDonagh? He'd be a little cheaper and would cost less in draft picks. We'd still have room to sign a 2C and at that point we'd probably have enough to make the playoffs, making our picks not worth as much.

Wouldn't you rather make an offer to an UFA defenseman like Grant Clitsome or Rob Scuderi? Before I continue, I think McDonagh is a very good player, but why risk a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and a long-term contract?

Clitsome is 28, and is coming off of a 2 year, $2.5m contract. In the free agent market he will likely get more, but I think he is a solid defender who can improve our defensive lineup. Scuderi is 34, has 2 Cup rings, and could bring our defensive corps some stability. Despite the youth movement on the team, we need someone on the team besides Marty and Yzerman who knows what it takes to make a playoff run and win the Cup. I wouldn't want to get him for anything over $4m/season, but I think he'd be a great addition as well (I've said it before...apologies for sounding like a broken record).

If McDonagh/expensive offer sheet player signed with us, and wasn't playing up to his contract, not only would we lose $30m+ on one player (again), but we would also hinder the team's development by roasting draft picks of players who could become, if we are patient enough, the future forwards and defenders of this team.

The Lecavalier scenario is too fresh for me to get worked up about offer sheets, and luring players here with expensive, long-term deals.

Cigar City

Apr 21, 2012
Tampa
Wouldn't you rather make an offer to an UFA defenseman like Grant Clitsome or Rob Scuderi? Before I continue, I think McDonagh is a very good player, but why risk a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and a long-term contract?

Clitsome is 28, and is coming off of a 2 year, $2.5m contract. In the free agent market he will likely get more, but I think he is a solid defender who can improve our defensive lineup. Scuderi is 34, has 2 Cup rings, and could bring our defensive corps some stability. Despite the youth movement on the team, we need someone on the team besides Marty and Yzerman who knows what it takes to make a playoff run and win the Cup. I wouldn't want to get him for anything over $4m/season, but I think he'd be a great addition as well (I've said it before...apologies for sounding like a broken record).

If McDonagh/expensive offer sheet player signed with us, and wasn't playing up to his contract, not only would we lose $30m+ on one player (again), but we would also hinder the team's development by roasting draft picks of players who could become, if we are patient enough, the future forwards and defenders of this team.

The Lecavalier scenario is too fresh for me to get worked up about offer sheets, and luring players here with expensive, long-term deals.

2C problem solved. :sarcasm:

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
Some random names SY might take a look on as VL4 replacements

Derrick Brassard, had a breakout time in NY, but I don't know much about his Dgame
Marcus Johansson, same as Brassard not sure about his Dgame
Ribeiro as UFA, would be willing to pay him big money, but not more than 3 years.

My dream would be Hanzal, but I doubt he is acailable for anything than massive overpayment.
I will try one for Hanzal on the mainboard lets see how it plays out :D

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona

$1,110,249 or below - No Compensation
Over $1,110,249 to $1,682,194 - 3rd round pick
Over $1,682,194 to $3,364,391 - 2nd round pick
Over $3,364,391 to $5,046,585 - 1st round pick, 3rd
Over $5,046,585 to $6,728,781 - 1st round pick, 2nd, 3rd
Over $6,728,781 To $8,410,976 - Two 1st Round Picks, 2nd, 3rd
Over $8,410,976 - Four 1st Round Picks

Give McDonagh $6 million for 6 years and this team gets a hell of a lot better. No more need for Jones either.

Purcell Stamkos St. Louis
Killorn (Aquired C) Drouin
Palat Johnson Panik
Pyatt Thompson Crombeen
Pouliot

Hedman McDonagh
Carle Gudas
Aulie Brewer
Barberio

Bishop
Lindback

McDonagh would be awesome, but I doubt Yzerman is going to offer sheet him.

2016cupwinners

May 2, 2013
We only have one spot open on D probably. I'd like to see one of the kids get it. It will make our D on the young side, unfortunately, but that seems to be the way the team is leaning this season.

Hedman- Salo
Carle- Gudas
Aulie- Brewer
Crunchy

Hedman, Gudas, Aulie, and Crunchy all being young.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad