Speculation: Off-Season 2013 - Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Everyone including him in trade proposals is no knack against him. He has good value right now. You need to give, to get. We have a surplus of talented young forwards but we lack good dmen. Whether it's Connolly or another forward it makes sense to try to trade or package one to upgrade our defense.
He didn't take a step back at all. He was one of the best goalscorers in the AHL and ended up an AHL allstar. He took a step forward after a tough rookie season in the NHL.

Meant others moving up faster made connolly take step back if we didnt have johnson and palat connolly would be closer to NHL is my point there. Not that his stats or play went backwards:)

You can't renegotiate contracts during their term.

Meant here I do not see 1.633 contract he has now going down when he does his next contract?

I said I guess this can happen though I havent knowledge of it:)

Yeah I'd still like to see what he can do at the NHL level, but if you can improve the defense, then trading Connolly is manageable. The reason for that is because we have so many forwards in the system it doesn't hurt us as much. Namestnikov, Kucherov, Drouin, Erne, Panik..etc. It was the same with the Carter Ashton and Cory Conacher trades. We could trade top forward prospects for team needs and still have plenty of players to replace them on the depth chart.
message too short it tells me

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
I dont agree with none of you which have read really in where teams are etc.. yet also keeping eye on other division and I think biggest thing is salary cap and injuries and I predict we are playoff team third position and we slip in because of these issues. Is a lot of big teams which are gonna screw up with cap messes and have injuries and if is a couple big guys we should take those spots I still view boston and detroit as the teams head and shoulders ahead of rest so leaves one guaranteed spot or 2 or 3 depending on other league. I see other league issue as bigger cause is 3-4 big name good clubs one or two injuries away from wasting a season cause of their caps boston will be there in 1 or 2 more years. Pittsburge is just ruined without making moves which will weaken them and lose plenty of youth. These are what I am taking out of this year. I believe we will struggle at times yet think we come together is a ton of guys whom will play right now way cooper demands and whom get his system if some others dont do that? Well doubt we keep them being honest can see more moves for this team but might be later after camps start of year trade deadlines etc..

I think a lot of you figure we were very bad and lower than I think we were. I think was a system problem and coaching problem not as much talent or things that cannot be fixed. I think this team is third best team in east yet might take us some bumps to get there and some luck. Cooper seems to have had some luck and like I said I believe if we have people whom dont buy in dont do jobs etc.. they will have short lives. Cooper is a winner he has instilled this to the kids we have and those we will bring along. Everyone is accountable and is a total team game defense offense etc.. is not fast break craziness and people playing out of position and deepest thing is think we PLAY smarter and drop more pucks in offensive zones when doing line changes etc..

I will say am concerned in one area getting the puck out of our end and that takes time if listen to cooper he speaks on that on link which have seen which is at tampabaylightning.com on our team outlook him and stevie think put out the 13th? We are gonna limit odd man rushes we will be more physical we have alot of guys whom expect to win are used to winning that is contagious.

So can we get third yes I say yes. Will we I figure no but will we shock the world and slip into fourth or fifth when someone underachieves in other side division and has injuries I SAY YES. Within two years after this one we will be a staple and mentioned as equal to boston and detroit others will come along though buffalo is probably 4-5 from that point if keep doing what they are doing TORONTO is ran like philadelphia and do not fear them whatsoever. They need big changes in management in my opinion cause they make very little sense on a lot of things and baffle at times to humor.

This all will not be overnight but we are not the team you all think we are not as bad as we played nor as good as we started at start of year. Is in between but if you play hard tough hockey and smart hockey? Yeah we can play with everyone and make a good showing so than is up to hockey gods luck and staying healthy and I just see us as deeper than others to handle the healthy situation and honestly as watched these teams go deeper and deeper into pockets salary cap etc.. I am happiest guy around.

I watched this system work for detroit and edmonton and chicago over the years that stevie put in place I watched a good coach come into detroit!! I see it repeating itself and after 3 years do not see us faltering for a very very long time

I read this 5 times and I still have no idea what you just said. :laugh:

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Everyone including him in trade proposals is no knack against him. He has good value right now. You need to give, to get. We have a surplus of talented young forwards but we lack good dmen. Whether it's Connolly or another forward it makes sense to try to trade or package one to upgrade our defense.
He didn't take a step back at all. He was one of the best goalscorers in the AHL and ended up an AHL allstar. He took a step forward after a tough rookie season in the NHL.
You can't renegotiate contracts during their term.

Yeah I'd still like to see what he can do at the NHL level, but if you can improve the defense, then trading Connolly is manageable. The reason for that is because we have so many forwards in the system it doesn't hurt us as much. Namestnikov, Kucherov, Drouin, Erne, Panik..etc. It was the same with the Carter Ashton and Cory Conacher trades. We could trade top forward prospects for team needs and still have plenty of players to replace them on the depth chart.

Even is Vancouver is trying to dump salary, Edler is good and will still be hard to get. Depends how much of the future Yzerman is willing to move. With Pietrangelo, I can't see him being available. Yzerman won't offer sheet him and the Blues would be crazy to even think of moving him.
Sergeev, Paquette, and Gauthier won't get you Sproul, Tootoo, and Bertuzzi/Cleary. The value here is way off. Sproul is the best prospect here by far and Bertuzzi and Tootoo are good everyday NHL players. And with Helm, he's regarded as one of the best 3rd liners in the league. Detroit won't let him go easily.

I agree with Peitrangelo think st louis would be insane to let him go. I agree with detroit too but they want to move 4-5 million to sign cleary. They also have three more need to sign gustav smith and andersson? This takes the 2 million cap they have now. Holland has said will do a 2 for 3 etc.. if we shipped malone we would be able to help detroit is all I am saying and I would target Sproul lol if had to take some heavies like bertuzzi whom played 7 games or tootoo. I agree on helm but never hurts to discuss and he is really only other guy we could chase that detroit might consider to hit numbers they want. Samuelsson is also there but will be more to see where he is at in a couple months. Holland has to do something he would like about 5 million in trades so can do cleary. He has said this and would like half or less than that coming back. If sammy comes back he cant use LTIR also so he has some tough choices and is going to lose something probably why not to us? that is my only point. I would listen. I would call on Peit I would listen I would call on edler I would listen am sure stevie will. Hope something happens good :)

Yzlamic Preacher*

I agree with Peitrangelo think st louis would be insane to let him go. I agree with detroit too but they want to move 4-5 million to sign cleary. They also have three more need to sign gustav smith and andersson? This takes the 2 million cap they have now. Holland has said will do a 2 for 3 etc.. if we shipped malone we would be able to help detroit is all I am saying and I would target Sproul lol if had to take some heavies like bertuzzi whom played 7 games or tootoo. I agree on helm but never hurts to discuss and he is really only other guy we could chase that detroit might consider to hit numbers they want. Samuelsson is also there but will be more to see where he is at in a couple months. Holland has to do something he would like about 5 million in trades so can do cleary. He has said this and would like half or less than that coming back. If sammy comes back he cant use LTIR also so he has some tough choices and is going to lose something probably why not to us? that is my only point. I would listen. I would call on Peit I would listen I would call on edler I would listen am sure stevie will. Hope something happens good :)

No offence, just curious, is english your first language? Because there are points when its perfect and then points where it is really hard to understand what you are saying.

Yzlamic Preacher*

Who do you guys value more; Connolly or Namestnikov?

IMO Namestnikov. We have a lot of strength on the wing and Namestnikov fills a good organization need for us at C.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Yes english is first language lol. I just get lazy when typing and am used to being on phone not on computer as much typing etc.. I think too fast at times slower at others. Sorry if dont always make sense or use proper english. Was a problem with school for sure.

I view namestinikov and connolly equally at this point. Figure both for 3rd line in future. Yet they are young so have plenty of time to move up etc.. So is too early to really say. Also matters our team free agents etc..

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
IMO Namestnikov. We have a lot of strength on the wing and Namestnikov fills a good organization need for us at C.

I agree with you because of upside but for me I feel Namestnikov might be better two way player is why give him a nod if had to make decision now. Yet is a lot of time left for both to prove themselves so will keep them as same to me till see a major difference.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Just a reminder: In order to prevent double and triple posts there is an
edit.gif
-button at the bottom of each of your posts that lets you adjust and add to your original posts.

(It's also Felonious Python's favorite button.)

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Just a reminder: In order to prevent double and triple posts there is an
edit.gif
-button at the bottom of each of your posts that lets you adjust and add to your original posts.

(It's also Felonious Python's favorite button.)

Associating me with something is a surefire way to get people to not use that thing.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
Also would love us to dump malone I dont like his salary and dont like his time on the ice so I am a firm believer yep he will miss half a season or quarter again this year. Dont think he is that good when is on ice and think he is a lot like vinny was slowing down stat wise etc..

Not saying useless but do not figure we got him for even 60 games to ship him like to washington.

Go do some trade for someone top 4 dman im ok with that.

Edler Pietrangelo since names are out there not sure what their gms want and think is insane for St louis to ven put peit on table at all for much of anything lmao.

Think he deserves his 5 million for 7 years if can get him to sign and move on and probably will work way into being worth 7 for 7

Edler is very interesting but they want to dump salary again so connolly?

No figure edler we would lose Aulie and two prospects whom are lower finances 600 800 k types.

Yet to do any of those you got to ship malone first.

Now is also the detroit thing samuelsson scares me cause returning from back injury tootoo will not be enough to help what they went they got to move 2-3 guys so sure I propose a trade

Seergeev pacquette gauthier for sproul tootoo and another like bertuzzi not the young one so puts them where they can work with cleary or maybe go after helm instead of bertuzzi etc.. somehow take on 5 million range in contracts from detroit give them 1.5 range so they can go after cleary and malone move should put us ok or or just below

Not sure what people think but I love sprouls upside size projection and like tootoo or helm or bertuzzi for size etc.. and think honestly will get more time with bertuzzi and tootoo at worst case scenario than we get with malone

I think we uh... i'm not sure exactly what you're asking.

Pretty sure Bugsy is going to be gone before the start of the season.. but no guarantee. Other than that I don't expect any of those defenders to be available.

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
Anybody else has interested in Kyle Clifford ? He would be perfect on our 3rd line imo, because it would give some physicality to the line (much more than a , that not even Malone could bring and Clifford is not injured all the time....

What would you pay for him? Palat plus pick would be my offer, because I think Palats potentialmight be higher offensivly, but he wil never be that physical.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Anybody else has interested in Kyle Clifford ? He would be perfect on our 3rd line imo, because it would give some physicality to the line (much more than a , that not even Malone could bring and Clifford is not injured all the time....

What would you pay for him? Palat plus pick would be my offer, because I think Palats potentialmight be higher offensivly, but he wil never be that physical.

I'm not sure I'd be willing to move Palat unless it's for a stud top-4 defender. He's one of our most gifted young players and I would love to see him wear a Lightning jersey when he's making the other teams' GMs eat crow for not drafting him.

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
But if you leave out your feelings and think as a GM (personal success doesn't care only job is to ice a better team)

But I could see them having interest in Pyatt plus a 3rd rounder maybe.
They are really thin on the right side and Pyatt can play every position and would bring them some more offense (2p more in 5 games less)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad