Speculation: Off-Season 2013 - Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Yzerman on Cooper's style of hockey (jokingly): "If we're not gonna beat you we're gonna beat you up."

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
There's a ton of videos on the Lightning site of Cooper and SFY talking about the team.

It's not really geared towards our demographic, but there are a few things to come out of it. Like that Coop said that 1/3rd of the forwards would be different from regulars last season (which would be like 4 players)

SFY also noted that the kicker to agents is that Florida has no state tax, which isn't surprising, but it's always nice to hear that he's working the advantages.

Last edited:

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
boltprospects twitter announce roster projections tampa syracuse other information

http://www.boltprospects.com/content/roster-predictions-tampa-bay-syracuse

Really like this they missed erne whom think gets big tea call up by end of year for playing style and kucherov earns way this year at end of year cause talent cant be dismissed and think palat earns way onto starting roster I thought even coop said palat is the blood and soul of the team etc.. things like that and his playoffs were astonishing!! but looks pretty good to me:)

Also asked them on reto suri contract which they stated was straight from home office:( So is real and hope we try to get him again next year.

Next I mentioned Erne cause of his playing style and they said he is going back quebec city and cant be recalled:( They also state he is a few years off.

They also made a suggestion which I WOULD Love of having richard kucherov reality show of living together in montreal hehe.

Trichard27 and kucher86 on twitter they have been entertaining to me already in that they went shopping never have cooked etc.. pretty funny good guys:)

Asked them if could give update on barberio and jt brown signings

Last edited:

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I'm biased because he's my favorite prospect but I can't see Palat not with the Lightning. If there's no space I'd make space for him.

I brought up Palat and cooper said something along the lines of heart and soul or glue to syracuse describing palat so not sure how they can figure he aint on main team at start of year.

Also Pyatt is surprising they say is a drop etc.. Pyatt they really like for his mind hockey IQ etc.. from all accounts stevie and cooper love him for that and kept him so far so not sure how feel about believing he is a drop off team type etc...

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
All of the following is based on rosters as of now:

To be honest I think Boston isnt going to be anywhere near what they have been in the recent past. Lost a lot of key guys and didnt bring much in. They make the playoffs but arent a dominate force like they have been.

Toronto wont be good next year. Lost one of their better possession players and their big FA signing is a guy who was sheltered in spots and has really only had one good year. His shooting % was insane and wont ever be that again as his track record has shown. Speaking of shooting % TO as a whole had almost a 12% last season. No way in hell that happens again. I see TO starting another streak of missing the playoffs.

Detroit has gone lateral at best this off season but they are really a wild card. They are so used to the west style of play and are now going to be playing mainly east teams. How fast can they adjust over the season and can a few of their players continue to grow or will some flop out. They are really an enigma this year IMO. Prob make the playoffs though.

Montreal isnt going to be as good as last year, but they should be solid enough to make the playoffs. Really depends a lot on their key guys having big seasons again. If they fall off at all they wont do much.

Ottawa is the team that has improved IMO. Ryan is a huge gain and losing Alfreddsson aside from the sentimentality isnt a huge deal. I see them being better this year. Just gotta stay away from the injury bug.

Florida and Buffalo will both be terrible.

That leaves us. Along with Detroit Id say we are a big enigma. We have two goalies that we will live or die by and if they put up .905%+ then we could be in business. If not well....

New coach, new system, full training camp, everyone healthy to start. Its basically a perfect storm for either a massive flop or a massive success. I still believe Yzerman will pull a trade for a top 3 dman, but im basing this off of current rosters so Ill say we finish just outside the playoffs this year. Unless everything goes perfectly.

I dont agree with none of you which have read really in where teams are etc.. yet also keeping eye on other division and I think biggest thing is salary cap and injuries and I predict we are playoff team third position and we slip in because of these issues. Is a lot of big teams which are gonna screw up with cap messes and have injuries and if is a couple big guys we should take those spots I still view boston and detroit as the teams head and shoulders ahead of rest so leaves one guaranteed spot or 2 or 3 depending on other league. I see other league issue as bigger cause is 3-4 big name good clubs one or two injuries away from wasting a season cause of their caps boston will be there in 1 or 2 more years. Pittsburge is just ruined without making moves which will weaken them and lose plenty of youth. These are what I am taking out of this year. I believe we will struggle at times yet think we come together is a ton of guys whom will play right now way cooper demands and whom get his system if some others dont do that? Well doubt we keep them being honest can see more moves for this team but might be later after camps start of year trade deadlines etc..

I think a lot of you figure we were very bad and lower than I think we were. I think was a system problem and coaching problem not as much talent or things that cannot be fixed. I think this team is third best team in east yet might take us some bumps to get there and some luck. Cooper seems to have had some luck and like I said I believe if we have people whom dont buy in dont do jobs etc.. they will have short lives. Cooper is a winner he has instilled this to the kids we have and those we will bring along. Everyone is accountable and is a total team game defense offense etc.. is not fast break craziness and people playing out of position and deepest thing is think we PLAY smarter and drop more pucks in offensive zones when doing line changes etc..

I will say am concerned in one area getting the puck out of our end and that takes time if listen to cooper he speaks on that on link which have seen which is at tampabaylightning.com on our team outlook him and stevie think put out the 13th? We are gonna limit odd man rushes we will be more physical we have alot of guys whom expect to win are used to winning that is contagious.

So can we get third yes I say yes. Will we I figure no but will we shock the world and slip into fourth or fifth when someone underachieves in other side division and has injuries I SAY YES. Within two years after this one we will be a staple and mentioned as equal to boston and detroit others will come along though buffalo is probably 4-5 from that point if keep doing what they are doing TORONTO is ran like philadelphia and do not fear them whatsoever. They need big changes in management in my opinion cause they make very little sense on a lot of things and baffle at times to humor.

This all will not be overnight but we are not the team you all think we are not as bad as we played nor as good as we started at start of year. Is in between but if you play hard tough hockey and smart hockey? Yeah we can play with everyone and make a good showing so than is up to hockey gods luck and staying healthy and I just see us as deeper than others to handle the healthy situation and honestly as watched these teams go deeper and deeper into pockets salary cap etc.. I am happiest guy around.

I watched this system work for detroit and edmonton and chicago over the years that stevie put in place I watched a good coach come into detroit!! I see it repeating itself and after 3 years do not see us faltering for a very very long time

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I got a serious question and see it on all boards sites. First always see D is terrible yet think was system and coaching myself and not clearing etc.. out of position having no accountability etc.

Yet that is besides the point. I want to know why everyone is all over connolly and why everyone considers him the trade option etc.. Stevie is doing Detroits floor plan which average guy makes ROSTER at 24 he is 21 so he is definitely on right pace lmao.

Now that being said he also took a step back because johnson and palat took steps ahead whom are both older more time and really did big ODD jumps by how where drafted or not drafted respectively.

My other thing is if remember without looking Connolly is 1.633 million cap hit. Cant see that going down on renegotiated contract? Guess that happens? I dont remember seeing that often lol at all with players.

So most teams are looking to make more cap room which want trades thats how I see it so WHY Connolly and not some younger cheaper talent?

I am just asking anyone to explain pros cons for real and make a viable logical reasoning of why we give up on a first round pick after 2 years?

To me that is insane would be same thing to give up with koekkoek lmao because he got injured so must be a bust lol.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I got a serious question and see it on all boards sites. First always see D is terrible yet think was system and coaching myself and not clearing etc.. out of position having no accountability etc.

Yet that is besides the point. I want to know why everyone is all over connolly and why everyone considers him the trade option etc.. Stevie is doing Detroits floor plan which average guy makes ROSTER at 24 he is 21 so he is definitely on right pace lmao.

Now that being said he also took a step back because johnson and palat took steps ahead whom are both older more time and really did big ODD jumps by how where drafted or not drafted respectively.

My other thing is if remember without looking Connolly is 1.633 million cap hit. Cant see that going down on renegotiated contract? Guess that happens? I dont remember seeing that often lol at all with players.

So most teams are looking to make more cap room which want trades thats how I see it so WHY Connolly and not some younger cheaper talent?

I am just asking anyone to explain pros cons for real and make a viable logical reasoning of why we give up on a first round pick after 2 years?

To me that is insane would be same thing to give up with koekkoek lmao because he got injured so must be a bust lol.

Connolly has value, and you've got to give something to get something.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Also would love us to dump malone I dont like his salary and dont like his time on the ice so I am a firm believer yep he will miss half a season or quarter again this year. Dont think he is that good when is on ice and think he is a lot like vinny was slowing down stat wise etc..

Not saying useless but do not figure we got him for even 60 games to ship him like to washington.

Go do some trade for someone top 4 dman im ok with that.

Edler Pietrangelo since names are out there not sure what their gms want and think is insane for St louis to ven put peit on table at all for much of anything lmao.

Think he deserves his 5 million for 7 years if can get him to sign and move on and probably will work way into being worth 7 for 7

Edler is very interesting but they want to dump salary again so connolly?

No figure edler we would lose Aulie and two prospects whom are lower finances 600 800 k types.

Yet to do any of those you got to ship malone first.

Now is also the detroit thing samuelsson scares me cause returning from back injury tootoo will not be enough to help what they went they got to move 2-3 guys so sure I propose a trade

Seergeev pacquette gauthier for sproul tootoo and another like bertuzzi not the young one so puts them where they can work with cleary or maybe go after helm instead of bertuzzi etc.. somehow take on 5 million range in contracts from detroit give them 1.5 range so they can go after cleary and malone move should put us ok or or just below

Not sure what people think but I love sprouls upside size projection and like tootoo or helm or bertuzzi for size etc.. and think honestly will get more time with bertuzzi and tootoo at worst case scenario than we get with malone

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Everyone including him in trade proposals is no knack against him. He has good value right now. You need to give, to get. We have a surplus of talented young forwards but we lack good dmen. Whether it's Connolly or another forward it makes sense to try to trade or package one to upgrade our defense.
He didn't take a step back at all. He was one of the best goalscorers in the AHL and ended up an AHL allstar. He took a step forward after a tough rookie season in the NHL.
You can't renegotiate contracts during their term.

Yeah I'd still like to see what he can do at the NHL level, but if you can improve the defense, then trading Connolly is manageable. The reason for that is because we have so many forwards in the system it doesn't hurt us as much. Namestnikov, Kucherov, Drouin, Erne, Panik..etc. It was the same with the Carter Ashton and Cory Conacher trades. We could trade top forward prospects for team needs and still have plenty of players to replace them on the depth chart.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Everyone including him in trade proposals is no knack against him. He has good value right now. You need to give, to get. We have a surplus of talented young forwards but we lack good dmen. Whether it's Connolly or another forward it makes sense to try to trade or package one to upgrade our defense.
He didn't take a step back at all. He was one of the best goalscorers in the AHL and ended up an AHL allstar. He took a step forward after a tough rookie season in the NHL.
You can't renegotiate contracts during their term.

Yeah I'd still like to see what he can do at the NHL level, but if you can improve the defense, then trading Connolly is manageable. The reason for that is because we have so many forwards in the system it doesn't hurt us as much. Namestnikov, Kucherov, Drouin, Erne, Panik..etc. It was the same with the Carter Ashton and Cory Conacher trades. We could trade top forward prospects for team needs and still have plenty of players to replace them on the depth chart.

Ashton and Conacher slid though. TB was quite a bit ahead of the curve on that with Ashton, and we all saw it happening with Conacher.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Also would love us to dump malone I dont like his salary and dont like his time on the ice so I am a firm believer yep he will miss half a season or quarter again this year. Dont think he is that good when is on ice and think he is a lot like vinny was slowing down stat wise etc..

Not saying useless but do not figure we got him for even 60 games to ship him like to washington.

Go do some trade for someone top 4 dman im ok with that.

Edler Pietrangelo since names are out there not sure what their gms want and think is insane for St louis to ven put peit on table at all for much of anything lmao.

Think he deserves his 5 million for 7 years if can get him to sign and move on and probably will work way into being worth 7 for 7

Edler is very interesting but they want to dump salary again so connolly?
Even is Vancouver is trying to dump salary, Edler is good and will still be hard to get. Depends how much of the future Yzerman is willing to move. With Pietrangelo, I can't see him being available. Yzerman won't offer sheet him and the Blues would be crazy to even think of moving him.
No figure edler we would lose Aulie and two prospects whom are lower finances 600 800 k types.

Yet to do any of those you got to ship malone first.

Now is also the detroit thing samuelsson scares me cause returning from back injury tootoo will not be enough to help what they went they got to move 2-3 guys so sure I propose a trade

Seergeev pacquette gauthier for sproul tootoo and another like bertuzzi not the young one so puts them where they can work with cleary or maybe go after helm instead of bertuzzi etc.. somehow take on 5 million range in contracts from detroit give them 1.5 range so they can go after cleary and malone move should put us ok or or just below
Sergeev, Paquette, and Gauthier won't get you Sproul, Tootoo, and Bertuzzi/Cleary. The value here is way off. Sproul is the best prospect here by far and Bertuzzi and Tootoo are good everyday NHL players. And with Helm, he's regarded as one of the best 3rd liners in the league. Detroit won't let him go easily.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad