OFF DAY THREAD! Where we complain on non game days!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
You know what you have in EFraud, so let’s see what O’Conner can do. EFraud is a solid 12th/13th forward, but his use here was absolutely astounding.

It’s not his fault he was played on the first line when he’s clearly far from a top winger. Hopefully he makes a full recovery....after the season is over.

TooManyHumans

May 4, 2018
I have to say that although we kind of got screwed with our division being so tough I do love the simplicity of the standings now.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
That is the reported role they imagined for him when they signed him. Was for him to fill that Hornqvist role. I will hold my breath.

He doesn't have to become Horny to be effective. If he was half of what horny was it would still be a huge welcome.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
When it comes to Geno.. the guy earned patience and time. So he gets what he deserves and has earned. At the same time, it's not a bad thing to keep in the back of your mind that Giroux looked washed up until moving to wing and became a valuable player for the Flyers again. Just food for thought.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I'm disappointed ERod is out because we won't know how well he would work in an appropriate role because of how badly Sullivan was misusing him.

But the good news is the that the team is talking to Lafferty about how they need him to play and they're specifically mentioning Tanev as a guy he should be modeling his game after. Adding another Tanev to that 4th line is exactly what I think it needs, so I'm hoping Lafferty can straighten his shit out and be that.

Reactions: domaug

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
McCann-Bleuger-Tanev has been the L3 I've wanted since it was clear they weren't going to add any more forwards through FA.

I hope they do well, not for the good of the team, but to give me a sense of self worth and the ability to say "I told you so".

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
When it comes to Geno.. the guy earned patience and time. So he gets what he deserves and has earned. At the same time, it's not a bad thing to keep in the back of your mind that Giroux looked washed up until moving to wing and became a valuable player for the Flyers again. Just food for thought.

unfortunately, unlike Philly, we don’t have any young centers who are capable of being as good or better than Geno at 2C...

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
McCann-Bleuger-Tanev has been the L3 I've wanted since it was clear they weren't going to add any more forwards through FA.

I hope they do well, not for the good of the team, but to give me a sense of self worth and the ability to say "I told you so".

What's funny is that McCann-Blueger-Tanev line is a legitimately good 3rd line too :laugh:

I get why people were hesitant with Blueger as the 3C, seeing how he hadn't shown to be quite 3C caliber yet, but he's been downright awesome this year and Tanev is also showing that he's better than a 4th liner. That line has what a lot of other Penguins 3rd lines haven't had: an identity and a cohesive bond.

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Poulin's a W.

We could (maybe) get a decent 2C by shuffling cap around if we wanted, but Andy's right we have eff all at C.

That said - the concept of moving Geno from C to W would be based around him becoming a lot better than he currently is at W, not finding an equal C to what he's been.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad