Proposal: NYR/WPG/VAN blockbuster

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Rangers didn’t want to move Schneider for an injured, 10m per year, Eichel who was intent on getting an untested and little known surgery on his neck that had unknown ramifications on his playing ability and career length.
For a 6.125m 1C like Scheifele, who is healthy and signed for 2 more years, it’s a completely different scenario.

Eichel is a superior player that’s 3 years younger and has twice the term left on his deal.

Stop.

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont
Eichel is a superior player that’s 3 years younger and has twice the term left on his deal.

Stop.

While that may be true, he’s not wrong. Eichels cap hit plus Buffalos insistence on no retention limited the teams available to bid. Also factoring in the injury/surgery risk factor and that list of suitors grew smaller, 3 teams I believe.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Zibanejad and Strome are excellent scoring centers.

The Rangers need a center who can defend and drive play at even strength.

Scheifele is just a version of Zibanejad and Strome that's somehow even worse defensively. Doesn't fit a need at all.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I can’t wait until the inevitable and Schneider becomes a bust or bottom pairing Dman. Schneider has some huge shoes to fill and if he doesn’t, Ranger fans will never be taken seriously on here again. I’ve never seen a projected top 4 D prospect ever be so overrated. Great Prospect and one I’d like to have, but to be considered a deal breaker in trades for NHL Superstars? The guy is also buried by Fox and Trouba in front of him? I don’t get it!
We aren't saying Schneider is a much better player than *insert player*.

We are saying we need Schneider. His contract. The potential minute cruncher he looks like he can be, while being a steady defender and bringing something we don't have a lot of on the backend is important to us right now. We're not expecting him to be our next McDonagh.

If NYR actually looked like a team that was 1 scorer or center away from competing for the cup, we might be all for going all in, but giving up 5 + years of Schneider doesn’t seem smart from a team last in corsi and relying on goaltending to win games. And if he's so overrated why is he the piece everybody wants?

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Rangers supporters aren’t the only ones to be fair, but there’s a certain Dman they took around 10th overall in recent memory, they were the same about. Last I remember he was playing in Grand Rapids after flaming out in Florida too.
Pretty sure most of us hated that pick and would have driven Dylan to the airport for any of these adjusted proposals.

Reactions: One Winged Angel

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
While that may be true, he’s not wrong. Eichels cap hit plus Buffalos insistence on no retention limited the teams available to bid. Also factoring in the injury/surgery risk factor and that list of suitors grew smaller, 3 teams I believe.

None of that has anything to do with the fact that Eichel is the younger and superior player with double the amount of term left on his deal.

Also, even attempting to insinuate that Eichel’s career was somehow in jeopardy is a massive reach at best and completely disingenuous at worst, as Buffalo’s FO was restricting him from getting the surgery he wanted and was playing hardball with releasing medical records, all of this, which is has been well documented.

Any team that was going to trade for Eichel knew he’d be fine as they were going to allow him to get the surgery he wanted.

GreenLine

May 24, 2021
No it isn't. Awful trolling attempt.

This is a dogshit return and is God awful for the Canucks. A top 6 sniper like Boeser would return a lot more than this.
I'll revise my initial impression that it's bad for the Rangers after reading more about Chytil. It's definitely better for the Rangers than Canucks. It's still shit for the Jets.

Boeser isn't an elite goal scorer though. He scores at a 30 goal, 65 point pace but is never healthy enough to hit either total. He's arbitration eligible this summer and possibly one year from UFA, so he's unlikely to re-sign long term if he gets traded. He'd also be the 4th best winger on the Jets, so it's fair to say he's worth more to Vancouver than to Winnipeg.

Ita

Mar 11, 2019
Boeser isn't an elite goal scorer though. He scores at a 30 goal, 65 point pace but is never healthy enough to hit either total.

Is Ehlers an elite goal scorer? He also has never scored more than 30 goals even in an 82 game season. His career-high in a season is 64 points. If you are going to apply that standard to Boeser you should also do that with your own players.

Boeser
[TFOOT] [/TFOOT]
0.375G / GP
0.799 P/ GP

Ehlers
[TFOOT] [/TFOOT]
0.331G / GP
0.73 P/ GP

I mean, I think Ehlers is a better player than Boeser (better speed and health), but calling him the Jet's 4th best winger and saying that 1st + Chytil for Boeser is a bad deal for NYR are pretty awful assessments of Boeser..

Reactions: Cogburn

GreenLine

May 24, 2021
Is Ehlers an elite goal scorer? He also has never scored more than 30 goals even in an 82 game season. His career-high in a season is 64 points. If you are going to apply that standard to Boeser you should also do that with your own players.

Boeser
[TFOOT] [/TFOOT]
0.375G / GP
0.799 P/ GP

Ehlers
[TFOOT] [/TFOOT]
0.331G / GP
0.73 P/ GP

I mean, I think Ehlers is a better player than Boeser (better speed and health), but calling him the Jet's 4th best winger and saying that 1st + Chytil for Boeser is a bad deal for NYR are pretty awful assessments of Boeser..
I don't consider Ehlers an elite scorer either. He's a far better possession player than Boeser though. He also puts up similar stats with significantly less PP time, so it's not unreasonable to say that Boeser would score much less on a team where he didn't get used on the #1 PP.

Boeser being due a huge QO and then being one year from UFA is why I don't think his value is really high. But like I said, after reading more about Chytil I don't think it's bad for the Rangers anymore. I thought Chytil was much more highly regarded.

But getting Boeser back as one of two main pieces for Scheifele is clearly an awful deal for the Jets. Teams don't trade top 10 centers on great contracts with multiple years remaining, nevermind for a more expensive but worse winger that they don't need and who likely couldn't be retained long-term.

Reactions: Snowman

Ita

Mar 11, 2019
I don't consider Ehlers an elite scorer either. He's a far better possession player than Boeser though. He also puts up similar stats with significantly less PP time, so it's not unreasonable to say that Boeser would score much less on a team where he didn't get used on the #1 PP.

Boeser being due a huge QO and then being one year from UFA is why I don't think his value is really high. But like I said, after reading more about Chytil I don't think it's bad for the Rangers anymore. I thought Chytil was much more highly regarded.

But getting Boeser back as one of two main pieces for Scheifele is clearly an awful deal for the Jets. Teams don't trade top 10 centers on great contracts with multiple years remaining, nevermind for a more expensive but worse winger that they don't need and who likely couldn't be retained long-term.

I agree with you that it makes no sense for the Jets to acquire Boeser. The whole proposal wasn't very well thought out. By the way, why is Scheifele even appearing in trade proposals? He's still a very good player and not that old. Are the Jets going through a retool?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad