Proposal: NYR/WPG/VAN blockbuster

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Been a while since I made a proposal so be kind (or not hahaha)

:rangers:

Mark Scheifele (C) $6.125M×3

:jets:

Brock Boeser (RW) $5.875M expiring
Braden Schneider (D) $925k×3

:nucks:

NYR 22 1st round pick
Filip Chytil (C/LW) $2.3Mx2 (or maybe Kravtsov?)

Rangers fans won't like giving up Schneider one bit but shore up at C for the semi long term. Gotta give to get.

Jets get their reset and a RHS wing & D, both of which are needs iirc

Canucks pull decent value for a guy they might not keep, getting a potential reclamation project and freeing up some cap

Flame away...

HARD PASS

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
Rangers shouldn't be part of any blockbuster imho. They're having a decent year, but you'd be banking on Shesty carrying them all the way. Doesn't seem likely, no matter how well he's playing.

They should stay the course and absolutely, 100% do not trade Schneider. Add a couple of depth pieces, sure. But sell the farm for this year? No.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
It’s not bad. Rangers fan will hate it because it’s HF and prospects are king here but they would make this deal.

Winnipeg is the team who nixes it. Scheifele types don’t grow on trees. Especially at that contract.

Even though it’s a great place to play, it’s right near the bottom for places players want to sign. So when you have a guy who would be untouchable in other cities, who wants to be there and has a contract like that, if you move him, you better be getting a big tune C prospect in return too. Something the Rangers just don’t have.

Beyond this season, the Rangers cap issues are going to be an issue and that's without resigning Strome who makes 1.5 less than Mark.

Moving a defender on an ELC for an older player (as good as MS is) is not a deal the Rangers are going to make unless it was stupid for the Rangers to pass such as Schneider for MS with 25% retention.

We both know that is NOT happening.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
It’s not bad. Rangers fan will hate it because it’s HF and prospects are king here but they would make this deal.

The Rangers wouldn’t move Schneider before he played a single game for Eichel.

You’re fooling yourself if you think they’re moving him for Scheifele, being THIS GOOD and here to stay. Sure, he might not have played a ton of games, but he’s not just a prospect anymore. He’s a very productive young minutes eater on an ELC.

Move on from Schneider. It’s not happening.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Rangers are not trading Schneider, counter offer is
Lundkvist, Kravtsov, Chytil and choice of (Hajek or Reunanen) for Scheifele
Jets Decline
Kravtsov does nothing for us, and Lundkvist doesn’t move the needle for Scheifele.
If you don’t want to offer up Schneider, shop elsewhere, because you’re not getting Scheifele.

48MPHSlapShot

Nov 3, 2018
The Rags seem pretty intent on not trading Schneider, which means they likely won't be making any big splashes to push for a cup at the deadline.

Reactions: snowkiddin

BatVader

May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
The Rangers wouldn’t move Schneider before he played a single game for Eichel.

You’re fooling yourself if you think they’re moving him for Scheifele, being THIS GOOD and here to stay. Sure, he might not have played a ton of games, but he’s not just a prospect anymore. He’s a very productive young minutes eater on an ELC.

Move on from Schneider. It’s not happening.
Rangers didn’t want to move Schneider for an injured, 10m per year, Eichel who was intent on getting an untested and little known surgery on his neck that had unknown ramifications on his playing ability and career length.
For a 6.125m 1C like Scheifele, who is healthy and signed for 2 more years, it’s a completely different scenario.

Reactions: jgimp and Nedarb

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Jets Decline
Kravtsov does nothing for us, and Lundkvist doesn’t move the needle for Scheifele.
If you don’t want to offer up Schneider, shop elsewhere, because you’re not getting Scheifele.
ross-geller-david-schwimmer.gif

Mal Reynolds

never goes smooth, how come it never goes smooth?
Sep 28, 2008
The Rags seem pretty intent on not trading Schneider, which means they likely won't be making any big splashes to push for a cup at the deadline.

Re: bolded certainly HFNYR is, we'll see about Drury & Co. (There might be some pressure to do something. But I confess I'm not as plugged in as their fanbase would be....) Probably the smart play to not go nuts imo, Shesterkin is carrying them.

Thought Scheif could be a fit. I was wrong. Fair enough.

NYR425

Sep 30, 2005
Rangers didn’t want to move Schneider for an injured, 10m per year, Eichel who was intent on getting an untested and little known surgery on his neck that had unknown ramifications on his playing ability and career length.
For a 6.125m 1C like Scheifele, who is healthy and signed for 2 more years, it’s a completely different scenario.

Rangers are not moving Schneider period!! They have plenty of other assets they could move to upgrade the roster if they want
Lundkvist, Jones and possibly Robertson on Defense
Chytil, Kravtsov at forward
Georgiev in net

BatVader

May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Rangers are not moving Schneider period!! They have plenty of other assets they could move to upgrade the roster if they want
Lundkvist, Jones and possibly Robertson on Defense
Chytil, Kravtsov at forward
Georgiev in net
Lundkvist+ for Copp works

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Absolutely horrible for the Canucks. If they move Boeser, a mid-1st round pick and a mediocre at best middle-6 Forward isn't gonna do it. If Schneider were going to Vancouver along with that 1st, we might have a conversation. But then obviously WPG would be getting ripped off. Essentially...Rangers need to put more into the pot to make any version of this sort of deal happen. Something serious, that would hurt to give up. Probably Lafrenierre or Kakko has to get involved.

Feb 19, 2018
I can’t wait until the inevitable and Schneider becomes a bust or bottom pairing Dman. Schneider has some huge shoes to fill and if he doesn’t, Ranger fans will never be taken seriously on here again. I’ve never seen a projected top 4 D prospect ever be so overrated. Great Prospect and one I’d like to have, but to be considered a deal breaker in trades for NHL Superstars? The guy is also buried by Fox and Trouba in front of him? I don’t get it!

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I can’t wait until the inevitable and Schneider becomes a bust or bottom pairing Dman. Schneider has some huge shoes to fill and if he doesn’t, Ranger fans will never be taken seriously on here again. I’ve never seen a projected top 4 D prospect ever be so overrated. Great Prospect and one I’d like to have, but to be considered a deal breaker in trades for NHL Superstars? The guy is also buried by Fox and Trouba in front of him? I don’t get it!
Also worth noting that the Rangers have been pretty poor at developing prospects.

48MPHSlapShot

Nov 3, 2018

I think the ELC is a big reason why they value him so much. I imagine the Rags will probably move Trouba sooner rather than later so that Schneider can take his place in the top 4, and having a top 4 Dman on an entry level deal when you're right in your window could be pretty important.

That being said, as a Canuck fan, I still ain't coughing up Miller to the Rags unless Schneider is involved.

Reactions: BatVader

common12

Sep 10, 2011

So its inevitable that he will be a bust but you want him. Sounds like a lot of butthurt that you arent getting your way. Makes zero sense for the Rangers with their cap situation to trade him. Accept it and move on.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
A note to fans of western conference teams— I don’t think the Rangers are at all interested in moving Braden Schneider. You should just give up. As much as it may seem the Rangers need to do anything and everything to shore up a top center position I think Schneider is pretty much a deal killer. The Sabres certainly wanted him included in an Eichel package and that was before he even had played an NHL game. Now that he has he’s pretty much already cemented himself into the Rangers every day lineup. If we weren’t going to move him for Eichel I don’t see us moving him for Scheifele.

Anyway Schneider, Chytil and a 1st for Scheifele is way too much.

I hear you on the first paragraph, but I don't think that offer is WAY too much as that 1st is going to be in the 20's and could be late 20's. Plus for all the years of buzz around Chytil he still doesn't have more than 23 points in a season. Schneider is looking like a gem, but Scheifele is a proven gem and would make the rangers incredibly strong down the middle.

Of course a deal like this is never happened, but fun to discuss.

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
LOL looking like a vet top 4 dman in his first NHL action. Wishful thinking that he'll bust. But keep on with your "If you wont trade him to us, you'll regret it when he busts!" Childish nonsense.

Reactions: One Winged Angel

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Beyond this season, the Rangers cap issues are going to be an issue and that's without resigning Strome who makes 1.5 less than Mark.

Moving a defender on an ELC for an older player (as good as MS is) is not a deal the Rangers are going to make unless it was stupid for the Rangers to pass such as Schneider for MS with 25% retention.

We both know that is NOT happening.

Future cap is always a concern but you make a spot for players like MS at his salary. That one-two punch up the middle would make the Rangers extremely hard to play against throughout a cup window.

If they didn’t have what they already do on the back end, maybe they wouldn’t move a Schneider. However, there’s certain types of players they probably would move him for. Players who bring different elements and dimensions to their team for their Cup window. Players other teams have to prepare for specifically because of what they bring to the table. MS, who’s not available, is one of those players.

One guy who could be available they’d move him for, would be Tyler Bertuzzi. Him on the Rangers would give them one of the premier pests in the game who does 80% of his damage 5 on 5, who’s not mentally deranged like Marchand and Kadri, who’s in his prime, keeps adding more dimensions to his game, and fits their Cup window.

When we look back at teams who become legit Cup Contenders for 5-7 years straight, they almost all make these significant moves and rarely, if ever, look back at what they gave up. Colorado acquiring Roy, Dallas acquiring Nieuwendyk, Detroit grabbing Shanahan, or recently the Blues acquiring RO. Nobody is sitting their complaining of losing Iginla, all the assets Colorado gave up, including a “can’t miss goaltender” who missed, or Keith Primeau. Not to mention all the picks.

It’s the dumb moves the Leafs, Habs, Philly, etc, used to make that didn’t work out. When they’d send really good prospects and picks away for players they acquired to be foundational pieces to build around. Or signing big name UFAs and then trading prospects for role players.

The Rangers already have many of those pieces. It’s rounding things out now.

So the Rangers wont be extremely short-sighted to pass on difference making players to hold onto an asset, especially one they already have depth at. We’ve seen a hundred young D who come in and look solid at a young age, just to flame out, or never really become better than they already were at 20. Not suggesting that’s Schneider but wouldn’t have suggested that was many who did flame out over the years, or just settled into a 3-4 D role.

4-5 years ago almost everyone agreed the Flyers had all these can’t miss D prospects… and instead of using those assets to round out their team, it blew up in their face for the most part.

So these are difficult decisions but history tells us, when you add these difference makers to an already very good team, without really touching your current roster, they work out more than not.
To acquire those players though, you have to pay the price. If as reported, the Wings are taking calls on Bertuzzi, they will have many teams lining up for him. I’d love to see the Leafs get him but they simply don’t have the assets. Teams like the Rangers and Colorado should be, and would be, at the front of the line trying to get him if he’s available.

Even though Detroit is loaded with legit D prospects, and would likely prefer a high-end C prospect over another young Dman, they’re still where the Rangers were just recently. Grab as many quality players regardless of position and when the day comes to round out their roster, use those assets to do so.

The Rangers are at that point.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
The Rags wont like this but they're getting a legit No.1 centerman who's signed to a good contract with term.
They give up a youngish player who isnt really panning out but has good upside, a mid to late 1st and a blue-chip A tier prospect who just made the NHL jump... Only on HF are potential future unknowns worth more than actual proven on-ice production.
I'm no jets fan ...but yes NYR, that's the cost for a player like that.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005

Rangers supporters aren’t the only ones to be fair, but there’s a certain Dman they took around 10th overall in recent memory, they were the same about. Last I remember he was playing in Grand Rapids after flaming out in Florida too.

GreenLine

May 24, 2021
Been a while since I made a proposal so be kind (or not hahaha)

:rangers:

Mark Scheifele (C) $6.125M×3

:jets:

Brock Boeser (RW) $5.875M expiring
Braden Schneider (D) $925k×3

:nucks:

NYR 22 1st round pick
Filip Chytil (C/LW) $2.3Mx2 (or maybe Kravtsov?)

Rangers fans won't like giving up Schneider one bit but shore up at C for the semi long term. Gotta give to get.

Jets get their reset and a RHS wing & D, both of which are needs iirc

Canucks pull decent value for a guy they might not keep, getting a potential reclamation project and freeing up some cap

Flame away...
Terrible for the Jets. Bad for the Rangers. Clearly proposed by a Canucks fan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad