Proposal: NYR - SJ again

MisterT

Nov 29, 2006
50/50, We just have to dangle Trouba and Lindgren in front of Grier, talk a good word salad on intangibles, leadership, winning culture and we’ll come away with Walman and Bystedt.
It's damn tough to out dumb a thread with the Rangers known V. I. actively involved but well done with this nonsense.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
I corrected your narrow scope.

Tell me how the Goodrow transaction was a good one, I’ll wait
I asked a very specific question that addressed your specific hypothetical that you can pry valuable assets out of Grier by referencing the grit and leadership your cap dumps provide

Your rebuttal is the time he claimed a player off waivers for free and spent zero assets to do so, it's an absolute non-sequitor

The Goodrow claim is controversial amongst Sharks fans, though I've always been in favor and he's shown why through 9 games, he's the best forechecker and penalty killer on our team and we got him for nothing but cap space, something the Sharks have in abundance, it made sense to add a player like him to this roster and we didn't spend a single asset to do so

So I will ask again:

Point to literally any single trade Mike Grier has made where he sent out valuable prospects/desired roster players and got nothing but a cap dump in return

I'll wait. . .

Reactions: OversKy

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
I corrected your narrow scope.

Tell me how the Goodrow transaction was a good one, I’ll wait

Great but an attached 2nd rounder would have been nice
Sharks have and will have trouble attracting free agents without an unnecessary overpay. Goodrow also had a NTC. San Jose took a free player that otherwise would not have been available. I mean 5 firsts would have been nice too but sharks ultimately got a free forward that’s been solid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad