Confirmed with Link: Mittelstadt re-signed (3 years, $5.75M AAV)

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Pfffft, windows don't close. Haven't you been reading my posts ?
That myth has been dubunked by the Grand Dubunkerer quite a while ago.
You should know better by now. You should feel shamed!
The Avs will become the first team to win a SC with a core of 40 yr old players. You heard it here first, guys.

I better add this :sarcasm:. Just in case.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
What many people fail to understand is all the players want to be UFA ASAP...so that's not a case of "what if he didn't want more than 3 years".

It's the GM's job to buy as many UFA years as possible while they still have the RFA leverage. In this case CMac failed miserably and there's no way around it. It's no different than the 6 years to Miles Wood where the player in this situation wanted as many years as possible.

PS: it has absolutely nothing to do with Mitts overplaying his contract or not...nor has anything to do with the window (we already know that CMac doesn't believe that the window will be closed in 3 years).

Last edited:

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Mitts would have signed an 8 year deal in a heartbeat… it would just be at a different aav.

He’s a hell of a player though and people now see.
Seriously, I don't think we've ever had a center like him. Sakic would be the closest, but even Sakic was just dominate on his own. Forsberg, will to win on his own. Drury...clutch and again...single handedly did things.

Mitts seems to be single handedly elevating others around him to higher levels. This is f***ing crazy...we've got a 2nd line center who makes 3rd and 4th AHL liners look like they belong in the NHL on the 2nd line. It's obvious that dark magik and pagan rituals are at play and the Avs will ultimately pay the price for him just like we did for the cup in 22, but for now I'm content just watching it.

I like the dark arts.

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
Seriously, I don't think we've ever had a center like him. Sakic would be the closest, but even Sakic was just dominate on his own. Forsberg, will to win on his own. Drury...clutch and again...single handedly did things.

Mitts seems to be single handedly elevating others around him to higher levels. This is f***ing crazy...we've got a 2nd line center who makes 3rd and 4th AHL liners look like they belong in the NHL on the 2nd line. It's obvious that dark magik and pagan rituals are at play and the Avs will ultimately pay the price for him just like we did for the cup in 22, but for now I'm content just watching it.

I like the dark arts.
I think O'Reilly is the closest in terms of playing style.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad