Confirmed Signing with Link: [NYR] Ryan Reaves signs extension with the Rangers (1 year, $1.75M)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TriFF51

USA Hockey
Aug 21, 2009
New York
Eh, he's certainly a goon but I think we're gonna be very solid this season. Not a big deal imo. At least the team can't be considered soft now.

Reactions: motopanekeku

FOurteenS inCisOr

FOS COrp CEO
May 4, 2012
Republic of VI
Reaves can take a semi regular shift and not hurt his team.

Not sure why anyone’s giving grief about the extension. Seems reasonable.

Not that I would’ve traded for him.

JustAnotherHockeyFan

Jul 28, 2021
Rangers should add a couple more goons and teach Conor McGregor to skate just to be sure they have enough people to take on Tom Wilson

HyperX

Fire Ruff and co. !
Jul 21, 2021
Poor Rangers fans.. if only for the storyline alone

Wilson truly influenced them. Lets see if its for the better

DonM

The Industrial Revolution and its consequences
May 18, 2015
All these people laughing at the Rangers over this............the definition of keyboard warriors.

Reaves can actually play AND is the toughest guy in the league. I would take him on my team in a heartbeat.
We're laughing at the Rangers because they're changing their team because Tom Wilson broke them.

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
Reaves can take regular shifts. He’s actually a pretty effective forechecker and can cycle decently down low.

1.75M. Lol. How are the Rangers going to overcome that! That’s over 2% of the teams cap!

200.gif
Or, and hear me out, they could have put that 1.75 million towards Buchnevich.

Reactions: kp61c

HITMAN88

Jun 29, 2011
Sandanski
Awesome. Now all fans around the world will enjoy the main events and co-main events between Ryan Reaves and Ross Johnston and Reaves-Wilson for at least 2 years!

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
All these people laughing at the Rangers over this............the definition of keyboard warriors.

Reaves can actually play AND is the toughest guy in the league. I would take him on my team in a heartbeat.

He can't play very well and he isn't the toughest. Close, though. He can easily beat up Wilson, who just bought a career supply of super glue.

BPD

Jul 7, 2009
New York City
I'm betting Wilson will skate away from that talentless hack, but you can keep dreaming.

The day Tom Wilson has half the brain to not take the bait is the day the enforcer truly dies in the NHL.

Part of what makes him so fun to watch is that he doesn't think like that. Aside from when he decided to duck our shrimp-ass lineup last year after it became clear that the Rangers were just going to run him all game.

alphabetical

May 8, 2013
The day Tom Wilson has half the brain to not take the bait is the day the enforcer truly dies in the NHL.

Part of what makes him so fun to watch is that he doesn't think like that. Aside from when he decided to duck our shrimp-ass lineup last year after it became clear that the Rangers were just going to run him all game.
He doesn't fight every time he's challenged, but you keep on dreaming.

And I hope the rangers play how you're thinking they should. Those will be very entertaining losses for new yorkers.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
I love all of the “WiLsOn BrOke ThE rAnGeRs” posts. Couldn’t be more wrong.

This is the culmination of a series of events stretching back to when the Rangers got smacked around by Carolina in the play-in series in the bubble. Did the Wilson incident factor in? Of course. However, so did getting shoved around by the Islanders, Bruins and Penguins toward the end of the season. Drury even said so.

This team was soft. They needed grit. I don’t mind Reaves for a 3rd round pick. It’s a better deal than getting only a 2nd and Blais for Buchnevich.

I’m not sure if the team is necessarily better, as that depends on the development of Lafrenière, Kakko and Kravtsov to replace Buchnevich’s production, but they’re certainly tougher to play against and more balance. The bottom-6 is improved big time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad