Value of: Nylander

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
First, what did Lamoriello think of Nylander when he was in Toronto since he was drafted the year before Lou was hired?

Would the Isles 2024 1st (unprotected), Wahlstrom, Bolduc and Pageau be of interest? It would certainly help the 3rd line and Bolduc looks like a definite 3rd LHD, with potential for 2nd LHD.

CapspaceKiller

Aug 10, 2020
Kubalik + Lucas Raymond

for

W.Nylander

Leafs get a boatload of cap space. Can go after UFAs...

A Package built around Raymond would probably get it done. The leafs would want a young D man too, but Kubalik would be good value to the leafs too. Creates tons of space for them as well.

Reactions: hullsy47

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
Mark Scheifele straight up, provided Nylander would consider re-signing in Winnipeg which I doubt he would.

• Haha
Reactions: Phion Keneuf

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
I look at what LA gave up for PLD and use it as a comparison, even though Dubois hasn’t ever put up the same numbers as Nylander.
Send him to Arizona for Crouse, McBain and a top 5 protected pick!

I look at what LA gave up for PLD and use it as a comparison, even though Dubois hasn’t ever put up the same numbers as Nylander.
To me that deal is tough to replicate, because LA had to clear up salary space to fit PLD in, so they likely were including players with value just to free up the salary space.

Also. you have the following factors to consider:
* PLD is a center which typically are valued more highly
* PLD is 3 years younger then Nylander, so an 8 year for MN deal has a lot more risk
* PLD signed for $8.5M, and it sounds like WN wants signficantly more than that

With as tight as $'s are - both the Nylander and Debrincat situations will be interesting to see what sort of market there actually is.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Canes would do Pesce for him.

I think the contract negotiations with Nylander would be a nightmare though.

Zur En Arrh

Apr 16, 2022
The only way we consider it is a good a rhd who plays 20 plus min a night signed for more than 4 years. Anything less is not going to happen.

AustonMarner

Sep 3, 2018
Tyler Toffoli... oh, wait nm lolololol

To me you sign Nylander long term no matter what... won't get value for him in current nhl climate... cap will go way up in the next few years after players finish paying their escrow this season... he'll be tradeable throughout the term of his new hypothetical contract either way, probably have more value locked up too...

I would want a 1 V 1 type trade for Nylander, only if he demanded one, where Leafs get back equal-ish level player to continue the good fight for lord Stanley 💪

Brady Tkachuk is the only name that comes to mind that fits the bill for the Leafs...

Otherwise sign Nylander to whatever Aho gets on his new deal tomorrow

STOP F****** AROUND TRELIVING LOL

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
With the current contract situation?

Kyrou and Saad for Nylander and 1st in 2024.

+ you can attach whatever cap dumps to even out the salaries.
Nylander (1.75 retained) + Brodie for Saad + Leddy + Futures

Blues upgrade their offense and clear some future cap, backfill Leddy for this year
Leafs clear 1.75 for this season, change the culture of the room and restock the cupboards a bit while adding some cost certainty to the middle of the lineup.

Could also do it dropping Brodie/Leddy.

If a fit, what level of futures would you add, if any?

Before other Leaf fans rant- this is reading into the gridlock in the market the last few days and assuming we're looking to thread the needle on a softer hockey trade.

• Haha
Reactions: AustonMarner

AustonMarner

Sep 3, 2018

Nylander and Dubois are not good comparables really...

Gross will be wanting at least whatever Aho gets on his new deal... it's the best possible comp. for Sir William... If Treliving hardballs, Leafs will lose in long run...

8.5 is not gunna' cut it at all ✂️

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
Canes would do Pesce for him.

I think the contract negotiations with Nylander would be a nightmare though.
If Toronto is confident that they can extend Pesce on a long term deal for a cap hit that isn't unreasonably high, this might be something they should look at. I've always said that we should keep Nylander and extend him long term, but Pesce extended long term makes more sense for what the Leafs need IMO.

LONG TERM :
Knies - Matthews - Marner
Rielly - Pesce

... with Marner being the one which may or may not be here in 5 years.

EastVillageBlues

Feb 18, 2019
Nylander (1.75 retained) + Brodie for Saad + Leddy + Futures

Blues upgrade their offense and clear some future cap, backfill Leddy for this year
Leafs clear 1.75 for this season, change the culture of the room and restock the cupboards a bit while adding some cost certainty to the middle of the lineup.

Could also do it dropping Brodie/Leddy.

If a fit, what level of futures would you add, if any?

Before other Leaf fans rant- this is reading into the gridlock in the market the last few days and assuming we're looking to thread the needle on a softer hockey trade.

We are in the middle of a retool, so would not be moving any futures. We also have no need for Brodie, and much rather keep Leddy. And with us possibly about to dump Krug, a rookie would be our #1 LD if Leddy wasn't around.

The proposal was mostly about swapping similar level of players, Nylander vs. Kyrou. Although one is on a reasonable long term deal, while the other is a soon to be UFA, so the 1st is there for diff in value.

Vukotal Recall

Jan 30, 2010
Leafs are so boned, it's not funny (okay, it's actually very funny). Pay Nylander around 10 million a year? That will leave even less cap room than the minimal amount they already have, and that's just to roll back the same losing team, only older and with even more minimal depth. Or trade one of the only really good players on the team -- who actually has a relatively lower salary for next year -- for pennies on the dollar because he's in the last year of his contract. What contending team has/will have cap room, or is going to spend significant assets for a rental? Or, alternatively, be willing to devote 10 million a year long-term to a 28-year-old winger who can be mercurial in his effort level and bad at defense?

roon

Mar 1, 2012
Minnesota
The Leafs honestly need to trade Matthews and Marner for huge returns and extend Nylander....dude is the only one with any heart in the playoffs.

• Haha
Reactions: exporta

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad