Value of: Nylander (Trade)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
What does everybody think nylander should return in a trade?

He is tricky to figure out, can play center and wing, but is mostly a winger.

Talented kid, but in for a huge raise also, near 10m mark.

Thoughts?

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
Pesce seems like the answer (with balancing pieces) but I'm not sure what Carolina's appetite to extend Nylander would be, especially considering they have Necas and Jarvis due new deals im 2024 as well. They do have TT's money coming off the books. But they'll need to look ahead to 2025 and beyond, no defenseman is signed more than 2 years... they won't want to tilt their cap structure abacus too much towards forwards.

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
What does everybody think nylander should return in a trade?

He is tricky to figure out, can play center and wing, but is mostly a winger.

Talented kid, but in for a huge raise also, near 10m mark.

Thoughts?
I’d trade Hanifin for Willy straight up. Toronto is thin on the left side. Money saved goes to Matthews. Better we’ll rounded d corps

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Ryder + Halak + 2nd…

Or…

From this Canes fan’s perspective - Pesce + the PHI 2nd (early pick) and a prospect of the Gunler/Rees/Ponomarev/Drury ilk.

Higher cost than that? Then I doubt it’d be the Canes paying it.

wmupreds

Dec 15, 2022
Nylander is so much better than PLD. Obviously contract is a consideration and I guess position but idk.

Bond

May 10, 2012
With an extension as part of the negotiation, Fiala or Dubois return.
Fiala seems about right if they can find someone to take his cap hit without sending any back. Later first and decent prospect, but the 10 million price tag is pretty prohibitive on a long term contract

pickles555

Jun 5, 2023
He won't be traded, unless it's for a severe overpayment, why would they?

If I had to estimate his value, it would be a proven #1D man plus a top 15 first round pick

Personally, I'd rather have Nylander as opposed to marner or Matthews

Just throwing a silly offer out there, how about askarov + Nashville's 2024 first round pick....even then I think Nashville needs to add something small

Last edited:

I am Canadian

AM34|WN88|MM16
May 22, 2008
Toronto
Ryder + Halak + 2nd…

Or…

From this Canes fan’s perspective - Pesce + the PHI 2nd (early pick) and a prospect of the Gunler/Rees/Ponomarev/Drury ilk.

Higher cost than that? Then I doubt it’d be the Canes paying it.
There's no shot Canes are signing Nylander for more than 9M per year no? I'm pretty Leafs would give him a contract between 9-9.5.

Canes doesn't make sense to me, it would be a team that can't normally get free agents and are willing to pay Nylander 10M.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I don't see that big of a gap between Nylander and Pesce/Hanifin. Maybe a 3rd is added but I very much doubt Nylander returns Pesce a 1st and a 2nd.
And here I assumed he meant a + to Nylander to get those guys :laugh:

Yeah Pesce for Nylander 1 for 1 is pretty close. People on here really don't understand the value drop off for wingers that aren't truly among the elite in the game.

They just aren't nearly as important as a Top 6 Center or Top 4D(Partocularly Right shots).

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
He won't be traded, unless it's for a severe overpayment, why would they?

If I had to estimate his value, it would be a proven #1D man plus a top 15 first round pick

Personally, I'd rather have Nylander as opposed to marner or Matthews

Just throwing a silly offer out there, how about askarov + Nashville's 2024 first round pick....even then I think Nashville needs to add something small

If Toronto doesn't trade him, starting in 2024/25, they have:

Matthews - $13.5 million
Tavares - $11 million
Marner - $10.9 million and due a raise
Nylander - $10 million

Bertuzzi and Domi will also be due raises and be UFAs. They also need to fill our almost their entire d-core and sign at least 1 goalie.

Good luck building a team around that. Nylander also seems to want to go to a team where he is more of a main attraction.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad