Confirmed Trade: [NYI/TOR] Pierre Engvall for 2024 3rd round pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Don't get this, Engvall seemed to have a solid role on the Leafs. There's such a thing as shaking your roster up too much and ending up with a dynamite on paper lineup getting lapped by a team with synergy in the playoffs while they're still getting to know each other and how to play together.
Sure, but the worst result is yet another first round exit.

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
Kind of funny in the other Leafs trade threads a big point was made of how impressive it was that Dubas didn't give anyone up off the roster when he traded with STL and CHI. Now that he IS trading pieces off the roster due to the cap problems from the earlier trades the Leafs fans are celebrating anyway.

I don't think you understand though - these pieces are what Leaf fans considered cap dumps to begin with. Engvall is a good player don't get me wrong. But he's soft as butter and redundant for what we already have.

Sandin doesn't crack our D roster this season or next with Rielly, Gio, McCabe on LD. And we'd rather have big bodies in the bottom 6 forwards to match tampa and boston's physicality

Ovi895

Feb 24, 2023
Easy answer. He is SOFT. Like if you think the Leafs are soft, he looks soft compared to the rest of the team. Not someone you win with

Maybe but he's part of a lot of their established forechecking/PK systems. He doesn't lay people out but he has utility tiring out players with his body Lars Eller style. And what I was getting at is you need some consistency and players who have been there a while/know systems/know other players etc. If he was part of the top PK with Kampf there's synergy there that's now lost, etc.

Pebble live

Oct 17, 2021
Don't get this, Engvall seemed to have a solid role on the Leafs. There's such a thing as shaking your roster up too much and ending up with a dynamite on paper lineup getting lapped by a team with synergy in the playoffs while they're still getting to know each other and how to play together.
Engvall was very frustrating to watch at times. Every few games he would show glimpses of what he was possible of. I wish him well tho.

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
20 games is enuff .they ll mesh .

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
As an Islanders fan I don't know enough about Engvall, but given we have like 4 forwards injured he can't be any worse than what we have for a bottom 4 forwards at the moment

POVERTY

Leafs and Marchand fan
Sep 27, 2017
Pierre Engvall is the most NYI player I can think of. Perfect landing spot, just feels right.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Lou just snagged the self proclaimed (according to Leafs fans) best bottom 6 player in the league.
That is not according to me. According to me, he is a good bottom 6 player. Which Leaf fans are you referring to exactly?

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Engvall isn't like a bad player per say....but he is like my biggest pet peeve of a player type in the NHL. He is big strong, skates well. Still plays like a bitch. Drives me nuts. Not sad to see him gone.

Last edited:
Reactions: periferal

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
He can skate, has a long reach, can PK. Had a couple of SH goals last season. Puts up points from time to time.
Isles have injures and have been playing younger guys and AHL guys in the bottom 6. Engvall should help remedy this.

Loimike

Feb 26, 2013
Toronto
Isles have injures and have been playing younger guys and AHL guys in the bottom 6. Engvall should help remedy this.
I think you're going to like him since NYI have other guys who can be physical. He's a decent player.

Reactions: SI90

Ovi895

Feb 24, 2023
20 games is enuff .they ll mesh .

I just remember every team having too much turnover mid season imploding like this in the playoffs other than Colorado last year. Who to their credit targeted absolutely perfect players for the holes they had.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad