Confirmed Signing with Link: [NYI] F Pierre Engvall re-signs with the Islanders (7 years, $3M AAV)

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I agree which is why it would be silly to demand a trade.
He'd have to report to the A and play it out. Otherwise, the Isles would absolutely terminate his contract if he doesn't report. Probably looking at a buyout in 2025, unless the Isles are willing to use up 1 of their retention spots for the remainder of his contract.

Leafshater67

Nov 2, 2019
Halifax
It used to be so, so frustrating watching him play as a leafs fan. Good thing I’m not a Bridgeport islanders fan because watching a big, mobile player be that soft is infuriating. He’s literally the softest player in the league

Reactions: ThreeLeftSkates

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
As soon as I saw this signing I figured this would eventually be the faith of Pierre. Surprised it happened in year 2

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
Interesting move to send him down
I kinda think it's a message to him and everyone else that Roy isn't playing around and everyone best be on point and ready to conform

It wouldn't shock me to see him back sooner rather than later I'd he does what's asked

Next question is how long till we hear "Patrick lost the room"

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Looks like you were off by about 4 years :sarcasm:
Only aholes come in and play Monday morning QB. You are lucky I have a life and don't feel like surfing your whole history to bring up all the things you were wrong about, lol.

Good call. That this was an atrocious deal was obvious to everyone but isles fans.
A lot of Islander fans didn't like it.

Ad

Ad

Ad