Confirmed Signing with Link: [NYI] Adam Pelech signs extension (8 years, $5.75M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
It seems people took my issue with the 'steal' of deal.

It just seems overused term IMO.

There are very few non entry level steal contracts. I know McKinnon is one.

Obviously if Pelech is a top pair defenseman for the whole duration of the deal that is a very good deal! It's just seem steal to be suggest he should be worth double the amount.

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
He doesn't score much, he can't ask for that much, just how it works. Works out well for the Islanders as he is pretty much their most important player .
Pelech is one of the best defensive defenseman in the league he doesn’t need to score, he’s a defenseman that suppresses the opponents scoring chances and does a great job.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Huh? This makes no sense. Would you rather have Nurse at $9mm or Pelech at $5.75?

I think this is why it's such a good contract. He's a better defenseman than Nurse and will be paid half as much. That in my books is a great contract.
I mean you’re comparing it to one of the worst contract to be signed. I’d rather have Toews at 3.9 but that’s just me…

HugginThePost

Flames Suck
Sponsor
Dec 28, 2006
Back to the Sweat Box
I mean you’re comparing it to one of the worst contract to be signed. I’d rather have Toews at 3.9 but that’s just me…

Sure, and I'd love MacK at $6.3........but picking outliers doesn't take away from the fact that this is a pretty damned great contract for the Isles!

I'm sure Oiler fans will be hoping this brings some sanity to the Nurse contract talks........

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
It's a fine deal but not a steal. Defensive dmen make less than the guys who put up points, even if the importance is roughly the same to the team. They're pretty much capped out at like 7M, just kind of is what it is. Reflective of how the Norris trophy works.

Guys like Carlo, C. Tanev, Larsson signing 4-4.5M deals while dmen who put up pts but don't really feel like much better players get 6M. Gap only gets bigger higher the ladder you go.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad