Confirmed Signing with Link: [NYI] Adam Pelech signs extension (8 years, $5.75M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
You’re welcome! Glad you were able to keep Pelech, it would be a shame if Lou caused you guys to lose another top D like Toews :)
Andrew Ladd contract cost them Toews. He wasn’t going to overpay to dump the contract so he waited and subtracted from a position of strength instead.

A year later he was able to move the Ladd contract for a combination of lesser assets without losing a 1st round pick.

Dubas on the other hand, traded a far more palatable contract and gave up a premium pick to do so.

chamchibap

Jun 15, 2018
dang, I don't normally like the deals Lou signs (like Marleau, Zaitsev) , but this one is fantastic to me. Maybe a year or two too long, but he should still be good, and the cap should go up by then anyway

HugginThePost

Flames Suck
Sponsor
Dec 28, 2006
Back to the Sweat Box
Not really, like it or not points is what gets you paid in the NHL.

Huh? This makes no sense. Would you rather have Nurse at $9mm or Pelech at $5.75?

I think this is why it's such a good contract. He's a better defenseman than Nurse and will be paid half as much. That in my books is a great contract.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
How the hell did Lou pull this off. This just doesn’t seem fair to the rest of the league.

Pelech could have atleast been in the high 6,s maybe even 7mil.

Pelech should fire his agent... christ almighty....
He doesn't score much, he can't ask for that much, just how it works. Works out well for the Islanders as he is pretty much their most important player .

Reactions: One Winged Angel

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
Should be interesting to see what Pulock gets next. IMO they should get very similar deals: Pulock brings more offense, Pelech is the rock defensively. That's not really how it usually plays out though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad