Post-Game Talk: Not enough horses, Jets lose 4-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

White Out 902

I'm usually right.
Aug 17, 2017
Cape Breton Island
I can't believe what I'm reading from some people here. I'm certainly hoping it's a very Fringe minority, but we're really going to blame the fans having a good time and dressing up in white for the on ice product failing? We're an unattractive small market and one of the few things we have going for us that makes us stand out and it's a fun thing for us, we're going to give that the axe? Because why? Pld takes stupid penalties? A bunch of our skill players get hurt? Last year's backup goaltender outperforms our current goaltender who's paid many times more money? What an absolute f***ing crock pardon my language. I feel like this is bad parody of shitty fan takes on a sports themed onion.

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
No one had issues with the Whiteout while we were riding high all the way to the WCF in 2018. Suddenly it’s cursed once our team subsequently imploded and has yet to substantially recover?!

White Out 902

I'm usually right.
Aug 17, 2017
Cape Breton Island
No one had issues with the Whiteout while we were riding high all the way to the WCF in 2018. Suddenly it’s cursed once our team subsequently imploded and has yet to substantially recover?!
Honestly I feel like I'm taking crazy pills that this is even being discussed. I'm starting to wonder how sophisticated our fan base actually is when I read this kind of garbage

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012
I love how you claimed everyday that we weren't going to make the playoffs and even if we did it would only last 4 games in a steam roll, well we already exceeded your expectations and even with all these injuries we aren't getting steam rolled, we are a playoff team and had we not had these injuries we would very well be a head in the series against the #1 seed in the west
It was called the counter jinx, you are welcome the made the playoffs thanks to it but my real opinion is they are not a playoff team or they are good enough to lose by a goal or two

Brominator

Sep 12, 2009
WPG
Down half our top 6 and our best D-man, the Jets gave it their all and played admirably. How would most NHL teams play under those circumstances?

Let's see how they do in game 5. Maybe Nicky comes back. It ain't over till it's over. The whiteout f***ing rocks. I missed it so much these last few years.

Jets are my team. No criticism. Just love. Love this team. Love this city. Love my fellow fans.

Go Jets Go.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Too many injuries to multi key players, no one would survive that in an already closely matched series even at full strength. Jets were the underdogs in this series to start, now with multi huge injuries Jets have no chance of winning three straight games.

Reactions: surixon

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
It was called the counter jinx, you are welcome the made the playoffs thanks to it but my real opinion is they are not a playoff team or they are good enough to lose by a goal or two
what is this load of bullshit... so you posted something to counter jinx, yet the thing you posted is your real opinion and you think were not a playoff team despite us being close in these guys with all the current injuries we have against the top seeded team in the west... :help:

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
Connor Hellebuyck is not an elite goaltender.

What do you think we can get for him in the off-season?
I never liked him, always let's in that soft goal. But couple years ago he proved me wrong. Nows he's back there again. Second goal a slow cross ice pass and he's flopping all over the place. Third goal the ultimate buzz kill. Wrist shot not even that great to glove hand. I don't recall him stealing any playoff games ever. I could be wrong. Busy said same thing years ago. Let in the soft goal and just kills the team momentum.

Our only chance with these injuries were if he stood on his head and he did not.

Also dubois who pretty much took game one over on his own has been barely visible since. I wonder if he's hurt

Brominator

Sep 12, 2009
WPG
I can't believe what I'm reading from some people here. I'm certainly hoping it's a very Fringe minority, but we're really going to blame the fans having a good time and dressing up in white for the on ice product failing? We're an unattractive small market and one of the few things we have going for us that makes us stand out and it's a fun thing for us, we're going to give that the axe? Because why? Pld takes stupid penalties? A bunch of our skill players get hurt? Last year's backup goaltender outperforms our current goaltender who's paid many times more money? What an absolute f***ing crock pardon my language. I feel like this is bad parody of shitty fan takes on a sports themed onion.
Fortunately some random posters on HFboards calling for the end to the whiteout (among other stupid things) don't actually get to make decisions on anything of importance. They can decide on Raisin Bran or Cheerios tomorrow morning and let the grownups do the rest.

I mean, the last time the Sabres won a playoff series, this was their logo:
buffalo_sabres_logo_primary_20077780.png

Does that mean the Sabres should switch back to this monstrosity? The point is, good things are good (like the Whiteout) and bad things are bad (like the Buffaslug logo) regardless of on-ice performance.

End the whiteout? Anyone who has been in the arena for an actual whiteout knows the f***ing deal. (I think I've been to 14 white playoff games counting Jets 1.0 - I'm lucky to be about to afford it and I'm also a dedicated fan who prioritizes my entertainment dollars to support my team).

For those who have never been to a whiteout... All I can say is that TV does not come close to capturing how awesome it is... It is f***ing MAGICAL. The Whiteout is not going anywhere. f*** the haters.

Last edited:

dcypher

Feb 7, 2013
Something really special needs to come organically for a new tradition to celebrate hockey here if people think the white out has passed it’s course.

I personally love the white out and it definitely shows how determined we are to at least giving it our all. We survive freakin winter storms and blizzards. When the Jets become a force hopefully in our lifetime to win it all. The white out will rule all of the NHL and show the world why Winnipeg is great. We embrace the bad times and when the good times come, we are even stronger.

Go Jets Go.

Love the team. A VERY special team will take us there in the future, just not with some of the personnel now.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Not even upset with the goals, last one was deflected by accident...

This isn't the Jets year. But making the playoffs showed this group still has potential. Can't win without Scheif and Morrissey, no point in even beating Vegas. I say we take it easy on them and let them win.

Reactions: TommyKillian
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad