Post-Game Talk: Not enough horses, Jets lose 4-2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I agree Helly can be better but Connor is way more of a concern for me, there is no way he's needed a shower after any of these playoff games, no way he's worked up a sweat in these games. He doesn't have to go around trying to hit people but can he not ever carry a puck to the net or skate anywhere near the middle of the opponent's end of the ice? Dubois played good game 1 and hasn't played anywhere near that level since. Those 2 had to step up when Scheifele went down and they both did absolutely nothing. But its the racist White-out that is based on the color of snow that is the reason we are losing. Wow, just wow.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Only thing worse than that game is reading the 'whiteout' debate.

Jets just do not get to the front of the net consistently - Vegas does, that is the sole difference in this series.

Vegas had puck luck every game but the Jets needed to overcome that in Game 3...

Whether the rebuild starts this coming season or the next, its here... Scheif had some nice moments but I don't see the leadership qualities in him - going to be an ugly 7 years if TNSE overpays him

Probably time to fire Chevy and let a new GM sell off assets at the TD

Top forwards were Lowry, Barron, Nino, Names, PLD, Wheeler, Apples, - D did their job but its not enough - Helle didn't walk on water - Cassidy outreached Bowness

Next year Lowry C, Jomo and Nino as A - the only core I see left is Wheels and Scheif and the time to move on from them was 2019...

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
It's almost like some people forgot the last half of the season (and the several seasons before) happened. Saying "we could have won if" doesn't change the fact that we didn't win. Maybe we win one more game...could happen. But in the end, we're going to be done in round 1 as mostly expected of an 8th seed/bubble team. It's time for real change this off-season. And that change has absolutely nothing to do with The Whiteout lol...

Last edited:

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
It has to be said but Connor Hellebuyck has not been good enough for us to win this series. While I don’t cite him really for many of them, the third goal he 100% absolutely has to have.

f*** vegas

Reactions: DRW204

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Agreed. They really could've wrapped up a PO spot earlier as they were 1st in January, and gotten him some rest.

In a perfect world, that would have happened. We saw them flag for two and a half months, to the point where they legitimately had a chance at missing the playoffs. Obviously Bowness doesn't trust BSD in big games. That can't be overlooked. That's either a function of the core, a function of the systems, or both. You don't go from first to almost missing purely by whimsical nature. Cheveldayoff needs to understand this.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Hellboy is very low on gas.

This has been a pattern over the last few years. He gets overplayed and starts to tire by the end of the year.

Only Saros and Gibson faced more shots this season. Only Saros played more minutes.

I appreciate that his playoff hasn't been great (2nd most disappointing goalie this playoffs in my view behind Vasilevsky who is statistically the worst right now) but this talk about him not being an elite goalie is absurd. You'd think a fanbase that sat through 7 years of Pavelec would be able to tell the difference but here we are.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
For Game 5, expecting the Jets to come out disengaged without fight or urgency like they do in every self-elimination game.

The sweet smell of freshly mowed golf courses being only 60 minutes away is so enticing that Jets players just mail it in with the sole focus being not to get an injury to impact their recreation time.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
This has been a pattern over the last few years. He gets overplayed and starts to tire by the end of the year.

Only Saros and Gibson faced more shots this season. Only Saros played more minutes.

I appreciate that his playoff hasn't been great (2nd most disappointing goalie this playoffs in my view behind Vasilevsky who is statistically the worst right now) but this talk about him not being an elite goalie is absurd. You'd think a fanbase that sat through 7 years of Pavelec would be able to tell the difference but here we are.

There's nothing wrong with giving criticism where it's due. Helle needed to be almost perfect to win against teams, especially when he wasn't getting the run support that other playoff teams enjoyed. He hasn't been, but he's far from the worst problem with the Jets. Helle hasn't been bad, though. He's been average. Some people consider that a criticism, which is really weird. League average for Helle is his below standard play. He's not playing as well as he should be, but he's also not been given enough rest to keep himself fresh. Whip your horses until they're layered in sweat and all that.

Reactions: snowkiddin

Johnnucleo

Jan 2, 2016
Ostrava
Listen, I'm not Chevy fan, but I think we forget that he legit has the toughest GM job in the league. No UFA's worth anything want to sign here. Every player with a NTC has WPG as a no trade destination. Players we draft want to leave half the time (Trouba, Kane, Laine, Roslovic), and players we do trade for want out as well (Dubois). I mean its easy to say "make the team better", but he doesn't always have much to work with.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
People actually thinking how fans dress at a hockey game is the reason the Jets can't win. :biglaugh:Can't make this shit up...

How about the fact the Jets lost games with NO ONE even in the building?

Wear white . wear blue, wear nothing... none of it makes a difference. How about we lose games because we aren't good enough?

Last edited:

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Listen, I'm not Chevy fan, but I think we forget that he legit has the toughest GM job in the league. No UFA's worth anything want to sign here. Every player with a NTC has WPG as a no trade destination. Players we draft want to leave half the time (Trouba, Kane, Laine, Roslovic), and players we do trade for want out as well (Dubois). I mean its easy to say "make the team better", but he doesn't always have much to work with.
We all know this. In the end, it doesn't change anything. Much like with Maurice - basically an OK coach and not really to blame for the teams lack of success - there comes a time when change has to happen regardless of what the "explanations/excuses" might be. Any GM we have is going to have a tough job. The next guy may be worse than Chevy. But, it's still probably time for a new guy to have a shot.

Having said that though, I sure hope any move that is made isn't done the way the coaching change was done. We need to get our guy...not the guy that decides to do us a favor.

jungles

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
People actually thinking how fans dress at a hockey game is the reason the Jets can't win. :biglaugh:Can't make this shit up...

Wear white . wear blue, wear nothing... none of it makes a difference. How about we lose games because we aren't good enough?
Seriously. Even Sportsnet's graphic yesterday. The last time the Jets won in front of a whiteout was...checks notes...the last time they were any good? It must make them nervous!

Slimy Sculpin

Dec 29, 2013
I was at the game last night, first time to a Jets' game in years and first ever to a playoff game. What an atmosphere! What a blast! (It's a good thing that I picked up a white Jets' t-shirt for the game.) The "Whiteout" was/is quite the coalescing event in spite of what a single person representing a "visible minority" group wrote about it in 2019. (Certain media and a few social "scientists" tried to make a big thing out of it.). Thankfully they were ignored. It is harmless fun (in my opinion) and has almost become a trademark for Jets' playoff hockey. We need more of this!

Johnnucleo

Jan 2, 2016
Ostrava
We all know this. In the end, it doesn't change anything. Much like with Maurice - basically an OK coach and not really to blame for the teams lack of success - there comes a time when change has to happen regardless of what the "explanations/excuses" might be. Any GM we have is going to have a tough job. The next guy may be worse than Chevy. But, it's still probably time for a new guy to have a shot.
totally agree actually. I'm just saying people need to temper their expectations. I'm hoping for a Bill Guerin type. Anyone who didn't want to be there was gone immediately. Not like Chevy who has people wanting out but waits till the very last possible moment to deal with it. Guerin built a team in MN of guys who want to be there, and they are doing pretty good, with not a ton of top end talent (Kaprizov aside)

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

Yup, a lineup with no Scheifele , Ehlers and Morrissey is definitely going to struggle to score goals that's why we really needed something from Connor and Dubois . Its really too bad too because the bottom 6 has played well , if the top 6 even plays decent at worst this series is tied 2-2 .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad