North Bay Battalion 2024 - 25 Season Thread, Part I

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
I thought we came out slow and weren’t ready really to take charge of the game,” said Battalion coach Ryan Oulahen. “It’s something that you want to do, especially when you’re on home ice, so there’s an area for improvement from our team.

Here's a thought. When you are being outshot 10-4, stop playing the trap!!

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
NB 3 BFD 2 (Just finished watching the replay)

Some random notes:

We all know Jacob Therrien is no saint. But the abuse this player takes occasionally borders on the extreme. Early(ish) 1st per., defender L. Moore 4 drove Therrien into the net from behind, might have clipped the cross bar on the way down and in. In keeping with league standards, no call. 9 min. mark 1st, Moore and JT are skating side by side, Moore puts an arm around the neck and throws him to the ice. Inexplicably, 2 min. roughing. Kudos to JT6 for not retaliating on both of these. To cap off a fine evening, late 3rd Moore took 4 min. high (maybe low) sticking on Van Steensel. While the penalty did not result in the OT winner being a PP goal, it led directly to it.

Mike Mac 34 was a difference maker, both goalies were outstanding.

Solid road game, formula for success: win the shots by 14, win the faceoffs by 6, win the PPGs by 1, et voila, OT win.

Acknowledging it is far too early (10 games, we’ll use a multiplier of 7) to project a few season totals, let’s do it anyway.

Ethan Procyzsyn – on pace for 56G, not sustainable, but wouldn’t 40 or so look kind of neat, after first 2 seasons of 5 and 15?

Jacob LeBlanc – pace 84 points, again not sustainable, but it is refreshing to see the offensive output hinted at in locations prior to NB. The -8 is kind of ugly, though.

Twin Andrew – pace 14G, just broke off 8 game goalless streak. Mid teens last 2 seasons, I think we are hoping for more.

Cap’n OVS16 – pace for 7G. We knew reaching 41 again wouldn’t happen without D-Wake and Tony Romo along for the ride. But reverting back to first 2 seasons of 10 and 11 is kind of scary. I think we are hoping for more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad