North Bay Battalion 2024 - 25 Season Thread, Part I

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Who is above him? I think he is the first line RW if Romani is moved and clearly they think the same thing otherwise they wouldn’t give up Wakely for him and a 4th and 5th

Both Therrien and Amidovski imo; maybe Moses fits and excels quickly, and moves up the line up by next season.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Right now Therien and Amidovski. I move Therien this year if I'm GM if he can put a good stretch of games together. He has the tools and the intensity that an underdog playoff team would value.

If you ain't first, you're last.

Therrien has three seasons to offer the battalion.

BS, NB could have probably would have given London a much tougher challenge if Romani & DiVincentiis were not knocked out of the playoffs within four periods of round one.
Are you saying Brampton and Oshawa need to change course and sell?

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Both Therrien and Amidovski imo; maybe Moses fits and excels quickly, and moves up the line up by next season.
No way in hell is Amidovski over Moses. Moses in an elevated role on a re-tooling north bay team is easily top 6. When Romani leaves I think therrien goes line 1 and Moses line 2 then in 2025/26 Moses has a big breakout season and is the line 1 guy

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: dirty12

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
No way in hell is Amidovski over Moses. Moses in an elevated role on a rebuilding north bay team is easily top 6. When Romani leaves I think therrien goes line 1 and Moses line 2 then in 2025/26 Moses has a big breakout season and is the line 1 guy

re-tooling, not rebuilding; everything is in place for the defence and goaltending for two seasons. You might under rate Amidovski and Therrien as much as you did Wakely & Romani a year ago. Those two are top six players at 19-20.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
re-tooling, not rebuilding; everything is in place for the defence and goaltending for two seasons. You might under rate Amidovski and Therrien as much as you did Wakely & Romani a year ago. Those two are top six players at 19-20.
that’s what I meant.

If they pop off with 100+ points this year I’ll agree but i don’t see it happening. I’ve seen both of those guys play and Moses play this season and I personally think Moses is better than both.

Barrie is so deep Moses wasn’t a top 6 player- give him minutes and he puts the points up. Amidovski got off to a good start here but won’t keep it up. Therrien will be a good OHLer but won’t make the NHL. Moses should be a middle round pick. Amidovski mid to late round pick. Gotta remember he is an 06, same with therrien and Moses is an 07. They’re a year ahead of Moses and you can’t confidently say they’re better. Moses at 18 meanwhile will have a big breakout year.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
that’s what I meant.

If they pop off with 100+ points this year I’ll agree but i don’t see it happening. I’ve seen both of those guys play and Moses play this season and I personally think Moses is better than both.

Barrie is so deep Moses wasn’t a top 6 player- give him minutes and he puts the points up. Amidovski got off to a good start here but won’t keep it up. Therrien will be a good OHLer but won’t make the NHL. Moses should be a middle round pick. Amidovski mid to late round pick. Gotta remember he is an 06, same with therrien and Moses is an 07. They’re a year ahead of Moses and you can’t confidently say they’re better. Moses at 18 meanwhile will have a big breakout year.

None of those three are likely to be pt/game players this season. Moses may not catch up to the ohl level of play of Amidovski at any point in the three years he has remaining. The kid physical, truly tough, and a goal scorer.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
None of those three are likely to be pt/game players this season. Moses may not catch up to the ohl level of play of Amidovski at any point in the three years he has remaining. The kid physical, truly tough, and a goal scorer.
Dirty with all due respect if the gm of the battalion want Moses in return for wakely, chances are they see big things out of him.

I don’t think Moses is a pt a game player this season but I could see 50 points for sure playing elevated minutes on the battalion. I also don’t think amidovski is a pt a game player either lol. 5 games is a hell of a long way from 68 games- let’s see if that continues (it wont.) On the colts they would both be a hard stuck 3rd liner since they’re so deep. Moses is a year younger though.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Dirty with all due respect if the gm of the battalion want Moses in return for wakely, chances are they see big things out of him.

I don’t think Moses is a pt a game player this season but I could see 50 points for sure playing elevated minutes on the battalion. I also don’t think amidovski is a pt a game player either lol. 5 games is a hell of a long way from 68 games- let’s see if that continues (it wont.) On the colts they would both be a hard stuck 3rd liner since they’re so deep. Moses is a year younger though.

Wakely had to go, it was what is best for him and the team. Moses just happened to be the best offer from a team suitable to Wakely.
Amidovski and Moses are not on a level with Patterson, let’s just leave it at that; and perhaps discuss it again 2-3 years from now.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Wakely had to go, it was what is best for him and the team. Moses just happened to be the best offer from a team suitable to Wakely.
Amidovski and Moses are not on a level with Patterson, let’s just leave it at that; and perhaps discuss it again 2-3 years from now.
No debate about Patterson he put up 60 points last year lol. Amidovski and Moses’ career totals don’t even top that.

Point is. They’re not giving up Wakely one of if not their best player for a 4th liner. They clearly value him a lot higher than you do.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
No debate about Patterson he put up 60 points last year lol. Amidovski and Moses’ career totals don’t even top that.

Point is. They’re not giving up Wakely one of if not their best player for a 4th liner. They clearly value him a lot higher than you do.

The kid is in his second season. He would not have dressed for the battalion in the playoffs last spring. It’s how the battalion operate. Moses will not come in to start on the 2nd line then 1st line if/when Romani is moved.; it just isn’t happening.

• Haha
Reactions: frontsfan67

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
The kid is in his second season. He would not have dressed for the battalion in the playoffs last spring. It’s how the battalion operate. Moses will not come in to start on the 2nd line then 1st line if/when Romani is moved.; it just isn’t happening.
Moses is 6’1, 203lbs and had 25pts last year. He’s a good size for a kid nhl teams will like he’s not a toothpick.

Amidovski had a whopping 10 points last year.

Therrien had 38pts last year in his second season with the team. I’m not arguing Moses is better than therrien right now- therrien if given more responsibility will score more.

However to say that Moses who is bigger and had more points than Amidovski, wouldn’t have dressed for the battalion is laughable. Oh and Moses is STILL a year younger. What happens if Moses grows 2 more inches and puts on 20 lbs and works on his speed? He will be MILES better.

Amidovski had a full year to develop in 2022/23 only for a whopping 10 points last year in his first year in the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad