North Bay Battalion 2024 - 25 Season Thread, Part I

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
Circling back to hardclimate and 190 from Saturday: reading between the lines (and the lines themselves) it sounds like D-Wake (&/or his representation) is orchestrating his way off the team and out of town. Am I reading this correctly? If so, I am quite disappointed. At least doing so on the down low might give the team some semblance of a chance to obtain fair market value in a trade. Maybe someone can help me understand the situation.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Circling back to hardclimate and 190 from Saturday: reading between the lines (and the lines themselves) it sounds like D-Wake (&/or his representation) is orchestrating his way off the team and out of town. Am I reading this correctly? If so, I am quite disappointed. At least doing so on the down low might give the team some semblance of a chance to obtain fair market value in a trade. Maybe someone can help me understand the situation.
The twins are a package, so one of VanSteensel or Wakley would be traded. Wakley might be the most sought after (available) OA this season.
The trade of Mathurin and likely trade of Wakely will fill all of the NB draft pick voids.

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
Here's my take. Last year when GM Dennis talked to the veteran players, they all said they wanted to take another run at a championship. He made a few additions/subtraction with the understanding that this year would be different. Wakely's been released by the oilers. I believe he is pursuing his options. No trade will be made until he agrees to return to the OHL. I don't believe we can be angry at Wakely, ohl/chl humanitarian award plus the work he's done in the city. He owes us nothing.

190 is almost 206

Nov 11, 2022
Here's my take. Last year when GM Dennis talked to the veteran players, they all said they wanted to take another run at a championship. He made a few additions/subtraction with the understanding that this year would be different. Wakely's been released by the oilers. I believe he is pursuing his options. No trade will be made until he agrees to return to the OHL. I don't believe we can be angry at Wakely, ohl/chl humanitarian award plus the work he's done in the city. He owes us nothing.
Released?
Strange thing to do 3 months after drafting him. Released and returned to junior are very different things.

And exactly, he and his team seem to be looking out for what is best for DW14 and there is nothing wrong with that.

Reactions: Samee987

Section5Petes

Nov 14, 2022
Released?
Strange thing to do 3 months after drafting him. Released and returned to junior are very different things.

And exactly, he and his team seem to be looking out for what is best for DW14 and there is nothing wrong with that.
Wakely was most definitely not released. The oilers had a Press “Release” that said 4 players were returning to their junior teams.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017

no, if anything its the organization that has told him to stay home, they have 3 oas and he muddies the waters. everyone thought he would sign and stay until december, north bay has moved quicker then they thought but i think they will get something done for him shortly.

190 is almost 206

Nov 11, 2022
no, if anything its the organization that has told him to stay home, they have 3 oas and he muddies the waters. everyone thought he would sign and stay until december, north bay has moved quicker then they thought but i think they will get something done for him shortly.
I heard at the rink on Friday that the Wakely camp had already turned down a trade off that would have sent him to Kingston. The guy that told me is usually very accurate. Take that for what it’s worth but Wakely needs to do what is best for Wakely now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad