North Bay Battalion 2023-24 Season Thread (Part One)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Green Tank

Jun 5, 2021
How did Mcdowell look, I see he got his first point?

For his first game I thought he played well. 1 A, +2 and played with Ty Nelson. He’s good at clearing the net and seems reliable moving the puck. I would like to see him play more physical and use that big body. Give him a few games to get adjusted and he should be a nice stay home D.

That bus must be going further north than Sudbury ;)

The bus turned around and dropped him off at his current billets house.

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Thoughts on Kennedy's play and his -17 +/- this season. Does Turley remind you of a former Dman wearing #5 who shone as a AAA trapper but struggled in the O? Great skater but.......
Woah, didn’t realize that he was THAT low in comparison to others. Hopefully can begin to turn corner into second half of this year. Big guys take a little longer.

190 is almost 206

Nov 11, 2022
Thoughts on Kennedy's play and his -17 +/- this season. Does Turley remind you of a former Dman wearing #5 who shone as a AAA trapper but struggled in the O? Great skater but.......
He’s horrible in his own end. Doesn’t use his big body to his advantage also, he falls an A LOT when pressured. I think it’s time to move on for Mr Kennedy. I’d rather Rismond on the ice at this point.

Reactions: The Green Tank

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
Just read that Mathurin is week to week with another shoulder injury. That is tough news for him and certainly must be frustrating to miss more games.

I wonder what Cajkovics status is?

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
When I saw Tnias slam into the boards shoulder first I feared the worst. I think it was the left, which I believe is the same one that caused all the problems last season. Week-to-week might be optimistic. At today’s workout I forgot to look for Cajkovic, there was no one on the ice in red so he might have been out there. All 3 goalies were on ice, not sure if DDV took a fair share of the reps but he was definitely involved. I don’t think I will speculate on whether or not he is match fit.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Mathurin out might sting more than DiVincentiis out. And it hurts Mathurin’s chances of getting an elc with Detroit.

Last edited:
Reactions: 190 is almost 206

190 is almost 206

Nov 11, 2022
Mathurin out might sting more than DiVincentiis out. And it hurts Mathurin’s chances of getting an elc with Detroit.
The McDowell move is even bigger now with Mathurin out, could you imagine what a disaster our D would be. Also, something is off with Christopolous this season, he’s not the same reliable shutdown force he was last season. Hopefully he gets it all figured out as he’s a vital part of any aspirations this team has this year.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Really unfortunate that Mathurin is running into shoulder injuries. He is such a promising player that sees the ice so well. Hopefully teams keep a keen eye on him if he ends up coming back for his OA season.

Get healthy, kid.

The McDowell move is even bigger now with Mathurin out, could you imagine what a disaster our D would be. Also, something is off with Christopolous this season, he’s not the same reliable shutdown force he was last season. Hopefully he gets it all figured out as he’s a vital part of any aspirations this team has this year.
He might be a bit busier this year. :laugh:

We're not nearly as potent offensively as we were last year.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Really unfortunate that Mathurin is running into shoulder injuries. He is such a promising player that sees the ice so well. Hopefully teams keep a keen eye on him if he ends up coming back for his OA season.

Get healthy, kid.

He might be a bit busier this year. :laugh:

We're not nearly as potent offensively as we were last year.

Did not have Zito and just got Bloom at this point last season, so possibly more potent offensively now, but smaller and younger so not as good defensively at forward.

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
GAA 3.41 sav% .880 ....has DD31 played himself off of Team Canada??

Didn't realize Pazii was only 16 yrs old. He's gonna be a good one.

Pete's fans, London fans, Ranger fans are all saying they aren't good enuf to make a run this year so time to sell!!! All 3 are better then us. Who wants to go for it this year? We definitely aren't in their class.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015

Pete's fans, London fans, Ranger fans are all saying they aren't good enuf to make a run this year so time to sell!!! All 3 are better then us. Who wants to go for it this year? We definitely aren't in their class.

I think they’re saying there are not enough disposable assets to be all-in.

Kitchener, London, and NB are in good enough shape to buy responsibly without any real adverse affect to the future. That is assuming no unexpected early graduations. Kitchener (fewest picks of the three and voids in the ‘06 class) and NB (voids in the ‘05 class) would need to sell next season.

The Petes future is even more bleak than was Miss’ at this time last season. The Petes have to sell this year if they want to restock. They have few picks, few ‘07, and nothing of note among the 2005-06.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I think they’re saying there are not enough disposable assets to be all-in.

Kitchener, London, and NB are in good enough shape to buy responsibly without any real adverse affect to the future. That is assuming no unexpected early graduations. Kitchener (fewest picks of the three and voids in the ‘06 class) and NB (voids in the ‘05 class) would need to sell next season.

The Petes future is even more bleak than was Miss’ at this time last season. The Petes have to sell this year if they want to restock. They have few picks, few ‘07, and nothing of note among the 2005-06.
Doubtful to be a buyer when two of your most valuable players are at the top of the rental market.

;)

The few games I've seen in person this year, I've been really impressed with how calm Amidovski is with the puck on his stick. He can definitely work on his shot selection, but hands like that could be useful on a powerplay unit in the future.

Players that excel in this league offensively like to have the puck on their stick.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Doubtful to be a buyer when two of your most valuable players are at the top of the rental market.

The few games I've seen in person this year, I've been really impressed with how calm Amidovski is with the puck on his stick. He can definitely work on his shot selection, but hands like that could be useful on a powerplay unit in the future.

Players that excel in this league offensively like to have the puck on their stick.

DiVincentiis is one of the two you’re referring to I assume. A good return might actually make it easier for NB to add.
I think the shoulder of Mathurin might be the determining factor of whether or not NB sells. It will be a long 1.5-2.5 seasons if the Battalion do sell more than a goalie.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
DiVincentiis is one of the two you’re referring to I assume. A good return might actually make it easier for NB to add.
I think the shoulder of Mathurin might be the determining factor of whether or not NB sells. It will be a long 1.5-2.5 seasons if the Battalion do sell more than a goalie.
I'm not sure how you see it that way. Not maximizing Nelson's trade return would limit the amount of capital they have moving forward. He will return a lot. And trade or no trade, Nelson won't be back next year.

Mathurin's injury, while unfortunate for this year's group likely increases the likelihood he comes back for a fourth season. There's a very good chance that next year's team is stronger than this one. Particularly on offense.

Reactions: Smithsy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad