North Bay Battalion 2023-24 Season Thread (Part One)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patricia

Aug 25, 2018
Notes from the rink tonight....
- Good on the Boys from Battalion country for standing up for themselves - lot of suspect and/or dirty play from Peterborough tonight. Petes have been exposed...they play well when they play chippy and physical but when NB pushed back, things changed in a hurry.

- Guys like Pazii and Proczszyn need to play more; they showed a lot more tonight than Arnsby did - who was his hot headed (and boneheaded!) self tonight. It's one thing to play with an edge -and when he's in control, that can be an asset to the team. Playing out of control - I don't care how much "sandpaper" you have, you become a liability. "Liability" and "team captain" are two terms that shouldn't be spoken in the same sentence.

- Romani and Wakely...fast developing into one of the best 1/2 punches in the league. You'll have to fight me to force me to say otherwise....:laugh: :cf:

- North Bay has a problem I'm sure every team would love to have....an embarrassment of riches between the pipes. Robertson and McIvor need playing time to grow - McIvor in particular; he showed a lot when DDV was on the shelf. I'm sure neither one of those young guys is going to want to stapled to the bench for too much longer. How to address this to the benefit of everyone involved?

- 9 Defencemen currently on NB's active roster, If North Bay starts to sell, it's going to be from this group first.

- Mathurin not playing tonight; heard from more than one source at the game that he was sick and was scratched to allow him to rest.

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
Notes from the rink tonight....
- Good on the Boys from Battalion country for standing up for themselves - lot of suspect and/or dirty play from Peterborough tonight. Petes have been exposed...they play well when they play chippy and physical but when NB pushed back, things changed in a hurry.

The Petes are first in the East, defeated NB in the playoffs last year and won tonight's game despite taking a series of incredibly stupid penalties and giving up all kinds of PP chances because they were/are a far superior 5 on 5 hockey team (who weren't much further ahead in each instance because the Battalion have a great goalie).

If they've been exposed, it certainly isn't by North Bay.

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
The better team won tonight, no question. Big fast team. I would say add a goaltender and they are right there. I'm sure the gong show tonight is not the norm. Definitely took it to the smaller NB team.

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
The better team won tonight, no question. Big fast team. I would say add a goaltender and they are right there. I'm sure the gong show tonight is not the norm. Definitely took it to the smaller NB team.
The Petes starter last night, Liam Sztuska, was leading the league in SV% going into the game.
Last night was not his best game, but three of the goals were on the PP.
That's the first time this season the Petes have given up more than 4 goals......but they still won the game :D

The Petes' goalie situation is just fine. IMO, Sztuska and Bowen one of the best tandems in the league.

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
The Petes starter last night, Liam Sztuska, was leading the league in SV% going into the game.
That's the first time this season the Petes have given up more than 4 goals......but they still won the game :D

The Petes' goalie situation is just fine. IMO, Sztuska and Bowen one of the best tandems in the league.

Guess I haven't seen enuf of him. Then again Divencentiis didn't shine either.

190 is almost 206

Nov 11, 2022

DeletedAccountt

Oct 14, 2017
Dom hurt or something? Not dressing tonight according to this
IMG_0350.jpeg

190 is almost 206

Nov 11, 2022
He played last night, which is why I was wondering. From starting to not even dressed.
Returning from injury. 5 hour bus ride on a back up back. He ain’t playing so why dress him? We also have a 3 headed goalie monster to take care of as well.

It is not uncommon for players coming back from an injury to not play in back to back games.

Reactions: DeletedAccountt

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
Fri. night in SSM looked like a real character win for the team, flipping the script from 24 hours earlier, and doing it including a 5 hr. trip to one of the league’s top squads. Agree re: Justin Ertel. I think if he has any aspirations for pro hockey, he will need to deliver many more of these. Check his resume: 3rd rd. selection in NHL draft, played 1 season of NCAA prior to coming here (albeit a 1G season), so he has the cred. (in theory anyway). His back pass from the boards through the feet of a defender onto the Cap’n’s stick for a goal was magic. As was J. Therrien’s rush up the left wing with eventual centring pass to Ertel for his 2nd.

Couple of things jumped off the score sheet for me (and we can debate the value of +/- another time): Game score 5-4, D Ty Nelson 1A and +4; Cap’n Arny 1G 1A, +3.

In other news, ticket sales for Sun. look to be crowding the 3000 mark. I imagine we will see lots of blue, white and gray in the stands.

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Fri. night in SSM looked like a real character win for the team, flipping the script from 24 hours earlier, and doing it including a 5 hr. trip to one of the league’s top squads. Agree re: Justin Ertel. I think if he has any aspirations for pro hockey, he will need to deliver many more of these. Check his resume: 3rd rd. selection in NHL draft, played 1 season of NCAA prior to coming here (albeit a 1G season), so he has the cred. (in theory anyway). His back pass from the boards through the feet of a defender onto the Cap’n’s stick for a goal was magic. As was J. Therrien’s rush up the left wing with eventual centring pass to Ertel for his 2nd.

Couple of things jumped off the score sheet for me (and we can debate the value of +/- another time): Game score 5-4, D Ty Nelson 1A and +4; Cap’n Arny 1G 1A, +3.

In other news, ticket sales for Sun. look to be crowding the 3000 mark. I imagine we will see lots of blue, white and gray in the stands.
He made Virgilio look silly, who hasnt looked great since entering league, I remember there being a decent amount of hype?

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
DDV out, Charlie has the net, Mike McIvor will be backup. 12 T. McDowell makes league debut, Cajkovic remains out. 28 S. Forgione re-appears after an extended absence. For SBY, Musty remains out with suspension, looks like the backup to the backup will have the net.

About 1200 remain unsold, looks like attendance will be 3000 – 3100.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad