North Bay Battalion 2022-23 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hardclimate

Jan 7, 2015
A discouraging weekend for Troop fans. Some will say forget it and move on but something seems to be off with this team. Losing to lowly Flint was predictable enough but getting bombed by Sarnia sure makes the playoff picture harder to think about. Sarnia also played three games in three days but you wouldn’t know it from how easily they outplayed the Battalion. How NB finishes the regular schedule now is anybody’s guess with Barrie only a point behind.

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
Notes from Wednesday’s workout:

Justin Ertel was on ice in red non-contact. He worked out solo prior to the main event, then participated, but not fully, in line rushes and drills. I believe the original estimate was 6-8 weeks and he played his last game about 6 weeks ago. I will put out the obvious qualifier: “I’m not a doctor” (who knew?), and guess he will be closer to 8 than 6. If so, return could be mid-March giving him 3, 4 or 5 games to become match fit and develop timing while Coach works out line combinations.

Presuming Jacob Therrien will be the casualty upon Ertel’s return, does anyone want to take a stab at the line combos for game 1 of the playoffs?

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015

Justin Ertel was on ice in red non-contact. He worked out solo prior to the main event, then participated, but not fully, in line rushes and drills. I believe the original estimate was 6-8 weeks and he played his last game about 6 weeks ago. I will put out the obvious qualifier: “I’m not a doctor” (who knew?), and guess he will be closer to 8 than 6. If so, return could be mid-March giving him 3, 4 or 5 games to become match fit and develop timing while Coach works out line combinations.

Presuming Jacob Therrien will be the casualty upon Ertel’s return, does anyone want to take a stab at the line combos for game 1 of the playoffs?
Bloom-Jackson-Ertel
Zito-Arnsby-MacDonald (not likely but I would try that)
Petrov-Wakely-Tarasevich
VanSteensel-Romani-Procyszyn

I think it’s more likely Wakely is 4th line centre, VanSteensel on his regular line, and Zito with Petrov-Tarasevich.

Reactions: 190 is almost 206

190 is almost 206

Nov 11, 2022

Btw, your usual Wednesday updates are fantastic

190 is almost 206

Nov 11, 2022
Bloom-Jackson-Ertel
Zito-Arnsby-MacDonald (not likely but I would try that)
Petrov-Wakely-Tarasevich
VanSteensel-Romani-Procyszyn

I think it’s more likely Wakely is 4th line centre, VanSteensel on his regular line, and Zito with Petrov-Tarasevich.
I agree with your “it’s more likely” scenario. Just seems odd to have a 30 (almost) goalscorer on the 4th.
Extremely deep team if they can figure it out over the next 11 games.

Reactions: dirty12

Oct 3, 2019
I agree with your “it’s more likely” scenario. Just seems odd to have a 30 (almost) goalscorer on the 4th.
Extremely deep team if they can figure it out over the next 11 games.
I think you might see a few zito-arnsby-ertel shifts

I like bloom-Jackson-ertel

Reactions: dirty12

190 is almost 206

Nov 11, 2022
Good win. We were lucky that none of the times that Larmand was flatten that we didn’t get blindside calls and of course our usual lucky bounces off the end boards.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Don't forget Arnsby not getting any suspension from the last game! Haha

WJ
There was no suspension warranted; I think 5 min. and the gate was more than a sufficient penalty for Arnsby.
I’m not sure what unsettled the refs that game in Sarnia, but that seemed to be a statement game for the on-ice officials.

I think you might see a few zito-arnsby-ertel shifts

I like bloom-Jackson-ertel
I think there is a good chance of some Bloom-Zito-Ertel as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: 190 is almost 206

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
When does Divincentiis get signed by Winnipeg? Only the best goalie in the league!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad