Non-Minnesota NHL News XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
This does nothing but re-enforce the idea that it's a big gamble to draft Russian players.

Burmistrov leaves Jets....signs with KHL.

Atlanta/Winnipeg handled him like ****. If they would have done with him what they're doing with Scheifele (I know, different ownership for the first year), he'd be a pretty good second line center right now, at least. Not to mention they gave him bottom six minutes the entire three years he was with the team. I'd leave for the KHL too.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Atlanta/Winnipeg handled him like ****. If they would have done with him what they're doing with Scheifele (I know, different ownership for the first year), he'd be a pretty good second line center right now, at least. Not to mention they gave him bottom six minutes the entire three years he was with the team. I'd leave for the KHL too.

Hell, if Switzerland could pay Nino as much as the KHL pays it's players, I bet you Nino would have tried to use Switzerland as a bargaining chip. I don't blame Burmistrov for leaving.

Hell I'd give Winnipeg a 4th round pick or Graovac for Burmistrov. We like 2010 picks LOL.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Hell, if Switzerland could pay Nino as much as the KHL pays it's players, I bet you Nino would have tried to use Switzerland as a bargaining chip. I don't blame Burmistrov for leaving.

Hell I'd give Winnipeg a 4th round pick or Graovac for Burmistrov. We like 2010 picks LOL.

I know it was probably half a joke, and Winnipeg wouldn't take a 4th for him if it wasn't, but I'd do it in a heartbeat. Let him develop in the KHL for two years, he'll come back and be a good player, I promise. He's just upset with the Jets organization and coach because they didn't treat him well.

forthewild

Aug 17, 2009
I wish we could have traded for him with Seto, dunno about the value but with him now bolting to KHL it must not have been high.

Yeah he got handled like **** tho, big time. I remember Wild were high on him according to russo, too bad now.

Randy BoBandy

Cheeseburger Party
May 9, 2011
Sunnyvale
They needed cap space to sign Pietrangelo I think.

But yea Edmonton just a got a lot better this offseason.

I think Edmonton wins that trade pretty easily.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Eddy still needs defense/goaltending if they want to intimidate anyone. can't win every game 8-7.

Billy Mays Here*

Edmonton may have gotten the better player, but again, it's a case of them adding another small forward who will get pushed around. They have no size in their top 9. Hall is about the only one who can hold his own.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Edmonton may have gotten the better player, but again, it's a case of them adding another small forward who will get pushed around. They have no size in their top 9. Hall is about the only one who can hold his own.

it's not like MPS was anything close to physical.
total upgrade for the Oil, and fist pump for the Wilds' sake. There's a reason MPS has been a part of every single friggin trade proposal to come out of Oiler fans' IPs.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
So Boston signs Rask for 8yrs $56m?!?
puke.gif

Keep the cap tied up in the skaters out front! They can have'em!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad