Non-Minnesota NHL News XII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I'd agree with you if we didn't buy out Gilbert, but that move at least gave us some flexibility. We'll see how the next few days go, but I don't expect them to sit on their hands all summer.

That's the confusing thing, how much money do we really have to spend? 2-6 million right? But how do the bonuses work? Because we have about 3.5 in bonuses and 2.5 in cap. Does the 3.5 in bonus get pushed to next year?

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
That's the confusing thing, how much money do we really have to spend? 2-6 million right? But how do the bonuses work? Because we have about 3.5 in bonuses and 2.5 in cap. Does the 3.5 in bonus get pushed to next year?

Don't they have to be reached? It's a gamble, but probably a small one.

MNWILDFAN001

Jul 2, 2010
Minnesota
Would be nice to see the Wild make some more changes. But being so close to the cap doesn't help and I don't see Fletch moving anymore prospects.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota

Haha, no idea. Aren't some/most of Nino's bonuses tied to major trophies/awards?

Like I said, we'll have to see what we do over the next few days. If we do nothing, we could be too close to the cap to go shopping with all the other teams.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Personally, I'd argue that our team is going to improve quite a bit next season simply by adding training camp and preseason. We had one of the highest roster turnover numbers in the league last season and just getting more playing time together would improve us quite a bit, IMO.

And if our defense is solidified by signing a few guys, I can definitely see us competing with the top of our new division.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Personally, I'd argue that our team is going to improve quite a bit next season simply by adding training camp and preseason. We had one of the highest roster turnover numbers in the league last season and just getting more playing time together would improve us quite a bit, IMO.

And if our defense is solidified by signing a few guys, I can definitely see us competing with the top of our new division.

Also, theoretically, there should be quite a bit of internal improvement. Coyle, Brodin, Granlund, Nino and Zucker all should be better than last year.

MNWILDFAN001

Jul 2, 2010
Minnesota

Just out of curiosity, but what would they work on in training camp and preseason that they couldn't work on during all of last season? I would feel a little more optimistic if that they had a strong finish to the season.

bear1

Mar 3, 2011
I remember that we wanted to talk to Nill originally after we fired Riser but the Wings said no. He's going to be a great GM.

Minnesota already added Nino, but I could see more things happening. The offseason isn't over yet and we don't know what moves will be paying off or busting for the other teams.

No playoffs this year for Minny Niño is a unknown right now

Last edited:

Fel 96

JFC
Mar 19, 2010
Little Canada
www.youtube.com
According to sources around the team, Seguin was out late in Toronto during the road trip to play the Leafs in the first round of the playoffs and the team had to hold a sit-down with the immature forward about his commitment to the team. Seguin showed up each day at the Air Canada Centre wearing the same clothes for three straight days and played badly in Games 3 and 4 of the first round against Toronto.

That incident coupled with stories of Seguin’s late night partying during the regular season prompted Peter Chiarelli to say that “[Seguin] needs to become more of a professional” during a tirade at draft weekend. The Bruins attempted to deal Seguin to the Calgary Flames last weekend, but ultimately Flames ownership squashed any deals for the six-year, $5.75 million contract for Seguin while they go through a full rebuild with inexpensive, youthful players.

All of these questions about Seguin’s off-the-ice attitude and Boston’s tight cap situation prompted them to keep pursuing deals for the talented youngster, and there’s little doubt that Special Assistant to the GM Mark Recchi had prominent involvement in getting his former B’s teammate to Dallas.
http://www.csnne.com/blog/bruins-talk/source-seguin-peverley-traded-stars

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Just out of curiosity, but what would they work on in training camp and preseason that they couldn't work on during all of last season? I would feel a little more optimistic if that they had a strong finish to the season.

There wasn't a lot of days of practice this past season with games coming so close together. They can work on a lot and just get better in terms of chemistry.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
There wasn't a lot of days of practice this past season with games coming so close together. They can work on a lot and just get better in terms of chemistry.

Also Poms is a recent addition.

I don't know though. We have a very tight window and I am afraid that Koivu is going to get slower as he gets older. That contract is starting to become more and more problematic.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Hopefully they can work on benching Koivu when he decides to stop shooting the puck.

Nope. You don't bench your franchise player or even speak bad about him. He's untouchable.

Wow with the Seguin trade. Wow if those partying rumors were true. It's like everyone's a loser in that deal.

He's a kid remember that. He should grow up and Dallas might be better for him. But yeah.

kegstandbyme

Apr 12, 2010
Saint Paul, Minnesota

I was in tears from laughing when reading this part:

"I play in the [expletive] Russian KHL, I make lots of [expletive] points and what's going to happen? He make me [expletive] play on the fourth line and he put me in the playoffs on the fourth line and third line again," Grabovski spewed. "Yeah, I don't score goals. I need to work more about that. I know that. But if you feel support from your coach [you'll find success]. I don't feel any support from this [expletive] idiot."

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
i don't know if it's much of a limb but i'll go out on it and say that there isn't any chance the Wild would sign Grabo. One, he's russian. Two, you have to think twice about a guy who lays into his previous coach so vehemently and publicly even if it is deserved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad