Non-Minnesota NHL News XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
I think the exact opposite - he's better at this point than our organization ever conceived and Fletcher wishes every day he could have that trade back.

IMO if we had had Leddy this year we would have been noticeably more solid at the backline. 2cents

The one area we will probably not agree on is how Leddy develops in the Wild organization in comparison to how he did with Chicago. He was playing with Duncan Keith last year. We didn't have Ryan Suter. The way everyone has chastised Gilbert this offseason, is that who you really wanted being his mentor?

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Same could be said for Scandella without Burns and before Suter...

If Leddy is at all smart, he'll be fine. I dunno how high is hockey IQ is.

Also, let's not forget that Seabrook got benched for a game early in the playoffs and scored the winner last game. Toews got put on the fourth line and was great the next game.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Same could be said for Scandella without Burns and before Suter...

If Leddy is at all smart, he'll be fine. I dunno how high is hockey IQ is.

Also, let's not forget that Seabrook got benched for a game early in the playoffs and scored the winner last game. Toews got put on the fourth line and was great the next game.

From what I've heard, he isn' the brightest bulb in the factory. But I don't know the kid personally only what folks have said.

He actually scored 2 game winners this playoffs.

651*

The one area we will probably not agree on is how Leddy develops in the Wild organization in comparison to how he did with Chicago. He was playing with Duncan Keith last year. We didn't have Ryan Suter. The way everyone has chastised Gilbert this offseason, is that who you really wanted being his mentor?

Yeah Chi is stacked but he is on the PP, if I'm not mistaken. I'm sure he has some wealth as a PP guy. Frankly with him on our second pair with a big strong defensive defenseman, or even on the first with Suter and Brodin on the second with Spurge or someone else might have actually worked nicely. But that would have been a very young set of our top-4 d-men.

We'll never know. I wish the kid the best though.

Fel 96

JFC
Mar 19, 2010
Little Canada
www.youtube.com
IMG_7582_slide.jpg

More: http://flames.nhl.com/club/gallery.htm?id=36968

OpRedDawn*

so is anyone else's HD feed for the game completely black? Prolly from the storms I'm guesssing... ugh. SD ftl

Northland Wild Man

Finnesotans?
Jun 14, 2011
Grand Forks, ND
All the flood pictures bring back memories of 1997.

I wouldn't wish that on anybody. The smell after something like that is just unreal.

I also heard on CBC before the game that they are evacuating Medicine Hat as well.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
how can you not be watching? these playoffs and finals have been awesome

I've said it in other threads, but since the Wild were eliminated I've had absolutely no desire to watch any more hockey. I have watched maybe half a period of the playoffs total since we were booted by Chicago. :dunno:

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
Glad everyone is okay. That is something you never want to see.

When did Nashville have their flood?

May 2010. Unless they're in the midst of a new one.

Yup. The apartments I lived in were flooded all the way up through the 2nd floor. Though it was basically in a fish bowl, it is stil crazy to absorb. The 2nd floor was about 20 feet above the ground.

651*

All the flood pictures bring back memories of 1997.

I wouldn't wish that on anybody. The smell after something like that is just unreal.

I also heard on CBC before the game that they are evacuating Medicine Hat as well.

Terrible. I wish Calgary all the best.

Last edited by a moderator:

forthewild

Aug 17, 2009
No one can say how Leddy's development path would have turned out with the Wild, we can only assume he would have probably played one more year with the Gophers followed by playing in the AHL a year or two. As many have said we didn't have Keith nor a solid team that could ease him in, I think he would have been in the AHL more unless he showed he was above it.

In any case its pointless to speculate on it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad