Non-Minnesota NHL News XI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Wade Redden, going from being scratched in the AHL to being in the Stanley Cup Finals! Ahahaha! Suck it New York

forthewild

Aug 17, 2009
Thats for a cap hit of 5.5 million. I fail to see how Suters 7.5 million(12 more years) is a bargain? It´s resonable cap hit considering the current market/cap hit, no were near an overpaiment but it´s not a bargain.

That cap hit is on the books no matter what. Say he decides to retire next year for any reason, guess who has 5.5 mil in dead money for the next 3 years?

Its a huge deal to give to a guy who will be on your cap no matter what. Also Suter is paid high, but he should be in his prime the next 6-7 years which is well worth the price tag, where as Mark is on the wrong side of 30

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
i think coach Q might think of him as Yeo was thinking about Zucker...thinks he's a bigger risk than boon at this point?

Billy Mays Here*

Feel bad for Rask. He didn't have much of a chance on any of those goals. Also, Crawford's awful on the glove side.

651*

i think coach Q might think of him as Yeo was thinking about Zucker...thinks he's a bigger risk than boon at this point?
Tell him we'll take him back.
:(

Raffi Torres just got a deal for 3 years at $2m per. So that sets a pretty good minimum for Clutter.
Does anyone here honestly think Clutter is worth $2M annually?

J22*

Raffi Torres just got a deal for 3 years at $2m per. So that sets a pretty good minimum for Clutter.

I would say that it sets the ceiling. I cant stand Torres but he brings more to a team than Clutterbuck.

IMO- the fact that Torres signed for 2 as a UFA is a good sign for fans that want Clutterbuck back.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Anyone know why Leddy was benched for almost the whole game?

The kid has high-end skating, and can rush the puck beautifully.

However, he's not especially good at defense. I've noticed he has trouble muscling players off the puck, and he gets caught out of position much too often - particularly around the net.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
The kid has high-end skating, and can rush the puck beautifully.

However, he's not especially good at defense. I've noticed he has trouble muscling players off the puck, and he gets caught out of position much too often - particularly around the net.

But, But, But....he would be our Top 4 Dman. I really don't want to wish ill on Leddy (although from talk from former HS classmates, he is a complete ***** and dumb as hell) but I would absolutely laugh if the guy gets sent back to Rockford and we, as a fanbase, can get off the high horse that he would be our savior on the blueline.

651*

But, But, But....he would be our Top 4 Dman. I really don't want to wish ill on Leddy (although from talk from former HS classmates, he is a complete ***** and dumb as hell) but I would absolutely laugh if the guy gets sent back to Rockford and we, as a fanbase, can get off the high horse that he would be our savior on the blueline.

Who said he was our savior? I see some real potential, and I don't think the 'Hawks want to get rid of him.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
He's still young. He'll have highs and lows. Puck rushers are big time risk and reward. Look at Mike Green, big highs and lows.

He's still doing a hell of a lot better than Barker, and whenever he does well, that's going to sting.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Who said he was our savior? I see some real potential, and I don't think the 'Hawks want to get rid of him.

My response was a little over hostile. My issue with what is going on with Leddy is people earlier this year championed him as a reason we weren't going to go far because we didn't have him on our blueline. That losing him was essentially the biggest mistake this organization has ever done and that we were going to pay for years on end about it. And it all simply comes from the fact the kid played his youth here and we traded him for Cam Barker. He is largely the #1 thing that every opponent of Fletcher on this board uses as to why he should be fired.

What I am seeing now are people finally coming to the realization that maybe he isn't nearly as good as we believed (or want) him to be.

He's still young. He'll have highs and lows. Puck rushers are big time risk and reward. Look at Mike Green, big highs and lows.

He's still doing a hell of a lot better than Barker, and whenever he does well, that's going to sting.

Very true. But in order for Mike Green to be a 4th forward, there has to be a good stay at home defensemen to do that.

651*

What I am seeing now are people finally coming to the realization that maybe he isn't nearly as good as we believed (or want) him to be.
I think the exact opposite - he's better at this point than our organization ever conceived and Fletcher wishes every day he could have that trade back.

IMO if we had had Leddy this year we would have been noticeably more solid at the backline. 2cents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad