Non-Minnesota NHL News XI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I kind of like Pittsburgh, but not enough to really keep me interested at this point.

All I know is I want neither Detroit nor Chicago to win it all. I dont give a **** about LA or Boston at this point. Altho I would not mind if Brown took a puck to the face or something. He's a dick.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
It hurts to like part of the Pens, but I do like Iggy...

That said, I actually would like to see the Bruins knock out the Pens.

Sadly... I could care less about all the Western teams. I know this will be unpopular, but I would like to see Detroit stick it to the Hawks.

I used to like the Hawks, until I moved to Chicago. The fans, are, intolerable... SOOO many bandwagoners that all of a sudden know everything about hockey:shakehead

countrygentleman

The Kaptain Says ARR
Jan 14, 2010
Minnesota
Fletcher has got to be at least considering inquiring about some of these fired coaches. Just too many available that are clearly superior than Yeo to not. Looking at who needs a coach and how many are available, we would be guaranteed an upgraded coach

HobeyBroten

Jul 12, 2012
Fletcher has got to be at least considering inquiring about some of these fired coaches. Just too many available that are clearly superior than Yeo to not. Looking at who needs a coach and how many are available, we would be guaranteed an upgraded coach

This x2! I like Yeo, but if we are going to start going "all in" then why not have an NHL experienced head coach, and not as in being an assistant, one who has lead a team or two to the playoffs and has made it past first round.

To me, it seems like Yeo's system is no different from our previous bench bosses. The trap and dump 'n chase drive me bonkers!

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.

Please God yes. Literally anyone available on the market right now is a considerable upgrade from Yeo.

Billy Mays Here*

I wouldn't mind Ruff but I don't really want Torts. Kinda like Hitchcock in that he really gets on players nerves after a couple seasons, although Hitchcock seems to still be doing fine with St. Louis (other than his little scuffle with Halak during the playoffs).

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I find it absolutely hilarious.

I hope they play 6 overtimes so whoever wins falls flat on their face in the WCF.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I find it absolutely hilarious.

I hope they play 6 overtimes so whoever wins falls flat on their face in the WCF.
No. The Hawks need to win this game, and win the WCF's. Brown doesn't deserve to see the finals. Felt dirty enough cheering for his team this round.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
No. The Hawks need to win this game, and win the WCF's. Brown doesn't deserve to see the finals. Felt dirty enough cheering for his team this round.

Pretty sure whoever comes out of the East this year will stomp the Western champion.

Sportsfan1

Jun 9, 2012
State of Hockey
Hockey at it's finest tonight, nothing better then the two game 7's we were treated to, and in the end, same with the Sharks, the Wings can hold their heads high knowing they gave it all they got and the Hawks win by the thinnest of margins. Congrats to Chicago, probably deserving to win after that astonishing no goal, should be a great Western Conference final!

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
final 4 are all powerhouse recent cup winners, the nhl talent is spread too thin. sooner or later they will have to contract 2 teams (for starters) to improve the quality of the league. no cinderella stories this year! ps my co-worker pointed out that the really good teams have the color black in their uniforms, so if the wild want to get tougher/better they need back in black. green aint mean!

Last edited:

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota

Saw something on Twitter last night that the last time this happened with the "Final Four" was 1945. Which, at first, seems like a stupid fact with there being only 6 teams in the league at the time, but that was the only other time when the last four teams left in the playoffs had each won the Cup over the previous four years.

Kind of a cool stat, but the chances of it happening today make what's happening now all the more impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad