Non-Minnesota NHL News XI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Here's a question; how the HELL did Columbus get so good, so quickly? It's scary but they are the Rays of the NHL. Sucky for years, get a good GM and a decent coach, trade off a bunch of their assets and...succeed? They got 3 first round draft picks and still great talent coming through their pipeline.

WildFinn*

Here's a question; how the HELL did Columbus get so good, so quickly? It's scary but they are the Rays of the NHL. Sucky for years, get a good GM and a decent coach, trade off a bunch of their assets and...succeed? They got 3 first round draft picks and still great talent coming through their pipeline.

Kekäläinen is smart and tough, he has already started cleaning house.
Some people are actually scared in the club, before just leeching from it.
He is also very good with prospects, he doesnt really need people to trust in that area, he knows scouting.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Kekäläinen is smart and tough, he has already started cleaning house.
Some people are actually scared in the club, before just leeching from it.
He is also very good with prospects, he doesnt really need people to trust in that area, he knows scouting.

He's damn good at his job. Too bad we didn't hire him. LOL. Fletcher is good but I feel Kekalainen is going to be revolutionary.

WildFinn*

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/9...sale-approved-hurdle-remains-according-report

Another sale of the Coyotes is approved, but once again hinges on getting that elusive lease agreement with the City of Glendale.

And when this one falls through when that hinge proves too big a sticking point? Does the league finally admit it screwed up and permit the Coyotes to leave?

Im hoping Quebec gets the team back.

They can then send that team in Dallas to a new division out West.:naughty:

WildFinn*

He's damn good at his job. Too bad we didn't hire him. LOL. Fletcher is good but I feel Kekalainen is going to be revolutionary.

Well he is the first European in the job, it is still a closed club in the top but he has connections.

He isnt Minnesota nice type, he is hard and straight to your face, i dont know if people in Minnesota would take that from an Finn. :laugh:

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Im hoping Quebec gets the team back.

They can then send that team in Dallas to a new division out West.:naughty:

Actually if Phoenix moved to Quebec, it's likely we would get either Columbus or Detroit (most likely Columbus because Detroit will cry and wail like little babies, but you never know) added to our new division, and the Avalanche would get bumped out to the Pacific to fill the void the Coyotes left.

WildFinn*

Actually if Phoenix moved to Quebec, it's likely we would get either Columbus or Detroit (most likely Columbus because Detroit will cry and wail like little babies, but you never know) added to our new division, and the Avalanche would get bumped out to the Pacific to fill the void the Coyotes left.

I know but that team in Dallas deserves it so much more.

J22*

Columbus so good? Really? They pulled a Vezina Goalie out of their ass and rode him, a bunch of loser points, and a pretty lucky streak to end the season, and still finished 9th in a 15 team league. It's just as likely that they are in the running for a top 5 pick next year as it is that they make the playoffs.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Columbus so good? Really?

Given that most thought Columbus would end up as the worst team in the NHL and have no chance at the playoffs this year? You can see a lot of positive things coming from the organization and the moves they are making. They got a nice haul from New York for Rick Nash. Got equal value back for Jeff Carter. They are building a good team and if you can't see what they are doing in Columbus, I don't know what to say.

They pulled a Vezina Goalie out of their ass and rode him

If you don't think Bob was a good goalie before this season, I want to know what you're looking at. Bob was underrated in Philadelphia and Columbus made a smart move to trade for him when his value was low. That was a great move by Columbus. And many good teams have a good goaltender to fall back on.

a bunch of loser points

Bunch of loser points? They had 24 wins, 17 losses, and 7 OT. Minnesota had 26 wins, 19 loses, and 3 OTL. Columbus competed, who cares how many OT losses they had. They had 4 more points in OTL than Minnesota. Big whoop.

and a pretty lucky streak to end the season

And Minnesota had a pretty lucky streak in March. They ended up stumbling into the playoffs and got blown out.

It's just as likely that they are in the running for a top 5 pick next year as it is that they make the playoffs.

You could say that about Minnesota as well. They have 3 (1st) round draft picks, a talented young group of players coming into their own, good character guys, some speed, some grit, a very talented young goaltender, and a top 5-10 prospect group.

Puhis

Will accept caffeine.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Why the **** do you compare everything to Minnesota? I don't give a **** if they are in better position or not at this stage. All that matters is that we kick their ass on the ice.

Billy Mays Here*

Even down 3-1 in the series, I told a few people I know not to count Chicago out yet. Don't really care who wins that series but god I hope San Jose wins.

kegstandbyme

Apr 12, 2010
Saint Paul, Minnesota
I'm pulling for Chicago and L.A.

I think that series would be ridiculous to watch.

I know this opinion differs compared to a lot of posters here, but Detroit and San Jose are probably two of my least favorite teams.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
I'd personally love to see San Jose keep going. Not a fan of the Kings or Detroit. I'm pretty indifferent on the Hawks, so I guess I hope they go on.

I don't want to see Havlat lift a cup, but aside from him I would not mind if everyone else on the Sharks got to raise it a few times each. Out of the east...whatever. Penguins I guess, if only so I can say to my future kids that I saw Crosby lift the cup a few times.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Why the **** do you compare everything to Minnesota? I don't give a **** if they are in better position or not at this stage. All that matters is that we kick their ass on the ice.

Comparison is a useful tool in the NHL and in major sports. You try to emulate systems that succeed and look at how they approach the game.

So I'm assuming you want to be Edmonton. Beat Columbus but fail at everything else?

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Awwww....too bad, Havlat. Now you can go cry on Walsh's shoulder. :laugh: :yo: Now do me a favor and find another team, so I can start cheering for the Sharks again.

Sportsfan1

Jun 9, 2012
State of Hockey
If I'm a Sharks fan I feel better about that series loss then ANY other series loss the Sharks have so suffered from the past decade.

What a phenomenal, phenomenal series that was, my oh my, wish that was 9 games, I could watch more of that series. wow.

Billy Mays Here*

Guess I'll be cheering for Boston now since they're the only team I at least care a little about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad