OT: Non-Hockey Sports Thread XII - Heeeeeeressss JJ! (Percy Harvin Edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
NFC North is going to be a grind this year. Detroit, GB, and Vikes are all looking above average at least, if not like falt out playoff teams.

Bears, not so much.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I listened to Tom Grossi's livestream of the Packers game today. It was more entertaining than the Packers radio feed imo. I wouldn't make it a weekly thing, but it was new and different.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Rams are a good team, was more surprising they fell so far behind to begin with.
Two good teams and division rivals, strange things can happen.
Have you seen their injury report? The 49ers having an injury rash certainly balanced it a little bit, but the Rams are missing a lot on both sides of the ball.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I’ve seen/heard a couple of Minnesota podcasters reference the Texans as top 5 Super Bowl contenders after the beat down that happened yesterday. Not sure if that is chest beating or what, but I don’t see how that can be after the vikings obliterated them and they only beat the colts/bears by a combined 8 points. The Texans seem like pretenders with a lot of hype due to their quarterback.

I think Minnesota is the biggest contender that Green Bay needs to worry about. The two best teams in the NFC might be in the North and neither team is Detroit. They should flex the upcoming game into a prime time slot.

Last note, any news on Darnold? I saw he was getting an MRI. Hope he and Love are able to play this upcoming week (best on best).

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
I’ve seen/heard a couple of Minnesota podcasters reference the Texans as top 5 Super Bowl contenders after the beat down that happened yesterday. Not sure if that is chest beating or what, but I don’t see how that can be after the vikings obliterated them and they only beat the colts/bears by a combined 8 points. The Texans seem like pretenders with a lot of hype due to their quarterback.

I think Minnesota is the biggest contender that Green Bay needs to worry about. The two best teams in the NFC might be in the North and neither team is Detroit. They should flex the upcoming game into a prime time slot.

Last note, any news on Darnold? I saw he was getting an MRI. Hope he and Love are able to play this upcoming week (best on best).
He was only out a play? Him getting an MRI is news to me, might just be precautionary.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
They were a preseason darling, which wasn't entirely unfounded. A lot of the NFL stuff I watch and/or listen to had them in the AFC championship/Super Bowl before the season (a lot of those people had the Lions in those spots as well, and they haven't been world killers so far either).

The NFL website itself had the Texans #3 in their power rankings after week 2.

I think Houston has a new OC this year, who now seems to be getting some heat. Or he was new last year. Not sure.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN

Can't see giving up on Detroit this early in the season. They were the frontrunners coming into the season for the NFC North, and until GB and MN show consistency they still are. MN is just an injury or two away from mediocrity(i.e Darnold & JJ). I would have said the same about GB(Love), but Malik Willis has looked vg...certainly starter quality.

Both GB and MN's Defence looks good or better than good.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Good news on Darnold's MRI today....appears to be just a knee bruise and nothing to keep him out of the line-up. KOC also "optimistic" that Addison, Pace Jr, and Turner will be in the line-up this Sunday at GB.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad