Confirmed Signing with Link: [COL] F Logan O'Connor signs extension with the Avalanche (6 years, $2.5M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
He’s a GREAT third liner. Our #1 PK forward. Has improved offensively every single season. Was absolutely missed in the playoffs. I think he could pot 20 goals if he stays healthy this year to along with the speedy, tenacious defensive play.

Glad to have him locked in - we shall see what the AAV is but I’m gonna guess he traded a bit off the top for term…though he may get more than people who aren’t familiar with him expect.

Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

VeteranPresence

Aug 13, 2024
Wild to see such a long contract for a bottom sixer, but good for him- he obviously likes it in Colorado, having been there since college.

Fun fact: if he plays an average of 80 games a year and remains with the Avs for the life of his new deal, he could finish as high as 3rd all-time in franchise GP (though probably closer to 5th since MacKinnon, Rantanen and Landeskog are active too). That also means he'd knock COL/QUE all-time great Cody McLeod out of the top ten which will be a sad day for everyone.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Never understood why teams didn't do this before

Doesn't this guy have some serious wheels ?

Because they have and it usually means you have no prospects, you are grasping at your contending window, and your about to completely bottom out because you are resorting to giving bottom six players that should be easily interchangeable six year deals.

And I love what LOC brings as a player.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Absolutely wild to sign a 28 year old bottom-six guy to a six year deal. AAV is perfectly fine and it'll be a drop in the bucket relative to the cap ceiling by the time it's up but I just don't think there's a 28 year old bottom-sixer I would want signed for six years.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Because they have and it usually means you have no prospects, you are grasping at your contending window, and your about to completely bottom out because you are resorting to giving bottom six players that should be easily interchangeable six year deals.

And I love what LOC brings as a player.
LOC is not even remotely part of that "interchangeable" grouping.

BrickNHL

Feb 25, 2019
Good deal for him and especially the Aves. Guy is a baller and I’m so happy he’s staying

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad