OT: Non-Hockey Sports Thread XII - Heeeeeeressss JJ! (Percy Harvin Edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
Duplantis raced against norweigan Olympic Champion Karsten Warholm ( 400 meters hurdles) on 100 meters in the Diamond League track and field gala.
Of course Duplantis won. Warholm had to wear the Swedish national suit as a punishment. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
Legendary.
1725658825910.png

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
That game was putrid to watch. From the shit field, to the obnoxious amount of penalties, to stupid plays (taking out of the end zone twice), to Philly bailed on their last drive, to garbage tackling and to Jordan Love getting injured at the end of the game.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

You can see his thigh muscle reverberate as if something snapped when the eagle player reaches up and pulls him close.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
That game was putrid to watch. From the shit field, to the obnoxious amount of penalties, to stupid plays (taking out of the end zone twice), to Philly bailed on their last drive, to garbage tackling and to Jordan Love getting injured at the end of the game.
I thought it was pretty good, for a first game. Two quality teams. Some bad calls on both sides. One roughing the passer against the Eagles that wasn't, another crack back block on a punt that wasn't... in hockey we'd say that there were a lot of soft calls. Packers benefitted from some (deserved) interference and holding calls against their receivers.

That Reed is something, but GB has to get better at converting inside the 20. Receivers also have to start catching balls... not everything is going to be right in their hands.

Bottom line is that if Love is healthy, GB will be a playoff team. Eagles are a good team.

I expect the Vikes to be much worse.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I thought it was pretty good, for a first game. Two quality teams. Some bad calls on both sides. One roughing the passer against the Eagles that wasn't, another crack back block on a punt that wasn't... in hockey we'd say that there were a lot of soft calls. Packers benefitted from some (deserved) interference and holding calls against their receivers.

That Reed is something, but GB has to get better at converting inside the 20. Receivers also have to start catching balls... not everything is going to be right in their hands.

Bottom line is that if Love is healthy, GB will be a playoff team. Eagles are a good team.

I expect the Vikes to be much worse.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Could still be MPFL or MCL tears
I think this might be what it is. I've heard it isn't an ankle injury and it's not an ACL tear. Worst case for an MCL tear is surgery and 2-3 months of recovery. Best case for an MCL tear is 1-3 weeks of recovery. (according to google)

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
For those that claimed McCarthy just handed the ball off at Michigan (in general, not on here)... Michigan is getting absolutely clowned by Texas right now. Their offense cannot do anything.

Reactions: TaLoN

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
great day for playing football outside in Minnesota! I don't watch a lot of college football, but i do like the look of this new QB that the Gophers have. He is 15/20 at the half, but there were three drops...this guy is accurate, looks to have a nice touch, and makes good decisions. I know RI isn't a strong opponent, but Brosmer looks the part of a QB.

Wish Fleck would stop with that delayed handoff(I won't call it an option). It's dumb, especially when used on every play, and when your QB isn't a threat to run.

For those that claimed McCarthy just handed the ball off at Michigan (in general, not on here)... Michigan is getting absolutely clowned by Texas right now. Their offense cannot do anything.
It's not like there haven't been some other departures from the program...

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
Us open finals isn't on local TV. So much for growing that game (and it's a great game). That's pretty sad.

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
Secondary is still cheeks but the front 7 seems to have been improved significantly.

Darnold isnt losing us the game which is all you can really ask from him.

OL is holding up well against that nasty Giants front.

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
Early thought is that TB12 does not have a good voice when it comes to commentating.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
You guys are going to need a new QB for the next month. Willis isn't likely to cut it.
Willis could be our best bet. They face the Colts and Titans the next two weeks. He played for the Titans and the Colts are/were a division rival, so there is some familiarity with what they run.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad