OT: Non-Hockey Sports Thread XII - Heeeeeeressss JJ! (Percy Harvin Edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I want F1 to be better. There is just so little passing that it sets it back for me. I've been to one F1 race, and it was the best sporting event experience I've ever had. The car and race were cool to see, but the passing at that trace is almost impossible. So the race was a sideshow more than the main event.

NASCAR has really fallen down my list. It used to be must see tv for me. Now I might look at the standings once every month or so.
A lot depends on the track, as far as passing. Certain ones are near impossible to pass on, so they are a bit of a snooze. I went to my first one in the mid 80's in Montreal(which has a good track), expecting little, and loved the speed, massive noise, and the ability to find a vantage spot just about anywhere. What i do find boring is when one team has a big car advantage, but this year it seems to be leveling off.

Watching on TV...ehh.... I'll do something else at the same time then play back the highlights.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
A lot depends on the track, as far as passing. Certain ones are near impossible to pass on, so they are a bit of a snooze. I went to my first one in the mid 80's in Montreal(which has a good track), expecting little, and loved the speed, massive noise, and the ability to find a vantage spot just about anywhere. What i do find boring is when one team has a big car advantage, but this year it seems to be leveling off.

Watching on TV...ehh.... I'll do something else at the same time then play back the highlights.

I want to go to a Vegas F1 race. That street course looked like a lot of fun to be a spectator at.

Monaco (2001) was the one I saw. There is just no overtake spots there.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I want to go to a Vegas F1 race. That street course looked like a lot of fun to be a spectator at.

Monaco (2001) was the one I saw. There is just no overtake spots there.
yeah, Monaco is one of the worst for passing.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
yeah, Monaco is one of the worst for passing.

I'd recommend going to that race to anyone. It's just amazing, but it's kind of like the NHL outdoor games. Go to one once for the event experience, but after that it's better to watch the next ones at home on the couch.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
My favorites:

S-Tier:
1. Hockey (badgers, wild, NHL playoffs, occasional gopher game if they play a team like NoDak, NCAA tourney)

A-Tier:
2. Football (packers, badgers, colts and cheering against the vikings/bears)

B-Tier:
3. Basketball (badgers, bucks, pacers, march madness)

C-Tier:
4. Baseball (brewers, mallards)
5. Soccer (USA olympic teams)

F-Tier (you would need to pay me to watch):
6. Nascar
7. Golf

Funny enough, my favorite movie of all time is a Rugby movie (Forever Strong). I don't follow or understand the sport though.
For me:

1. Hockey
2. College football
3. NFL football
4. March Madness
5. Playoff MLB
6. Golf
7. Playoff NBA

All else need not apply.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
My order:

1. Hockey
2. NFL football
3. Golf
4. Playoff MLB
5. NCAA football
6. NCAA basketball tournament
7. Playoff NBA

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
KAMs 2022 draft has gotta be one of the worst in NFL history.

But from then to now hes improved which is all you can ask for really.

EDIT: Watch Cine will sign with another team and ball out in a year or two.

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
As I mentioned a couple of months ago, I have not followed the NFL in roughly 10 years. Getting back into the Vikes this year. After seeing the cuts/practice squad, I am wondering how often someone on the practice squad ends up becoming a starter in a year or two. Since there really no minor league development system like baseball or hockey, curious how much these guys actually develop practicing with the club.

Example: Any chance Bo Richter ends up becoming an every day player in the next year or two?

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
I'm interested in seeing what Kevin Oconnell is made of this year. You have to imagine the Vikes are projected for maybe 7-10? Interested to see any magic, if any, he can work.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
As I mentioned a couple of months ago, I have not followed the NFL in roughly 10 years. Getting back into the Vikes this year. After seeing the cuts/practice squad, I am wondering how often someone on the practice squad ends up becoming a starter in a year or two. Since there really no minor league development system like baseball or hockey, curious how much these guys actually develop practicing with the club.

Example: Any chance Bo Richter ends up becoming an every day player in the next year or two?

Being on the practice squad does help. They get a lot of reps in practice against starters during the course of the season in practices. The only main difference from the bottom of the active roster players and the practice is the practice squad doesn't travel/dress on Sundays (and pay). You figure only about 30 players of the 53 man roster get meaningful playing time in non-special teams situations.

It's a good spot for rookies. It gives them more adjustment time for the speed of the game and the complexity of the playbook. More so with skill offense players than defensive players. Simpley because the skill offense player can't as easily forge out a special teams role like defense players can.

Reactions: Jbcraig1883

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Does anyone know the general time frame for when Hockenson should return? I know he can't play till at least week 5 due to his roster injury designation. Asking for fantasy purposes. He carried one of my teams last year lol

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad