Player Discussion: Noah Dobson

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TMI

Dec 15, 2019
Butch of course talked about this last night. I think it's ridiculous talk. If Palmieri had ten goals in 1st 10 games are we gona talk about 50 in 50? Cmon
You seriously don't think with his shot (wrister and slapper), the way he sees the ice and the play develop, and ability to get pucks through traffic and on net/into dangerous scoring areas, that he doesn't have a shot at 20 (minimum)?? Ummm kkkkkkk :huh:

Skidrow11

Jul 16, 2022
You seriously don't think with his shot (wrister and slapper), the way he sees the ice and the play develop, and ability to get pucks through traffic and on net/into dangerous scoring areas, that he doesn't have a shot at 20 (minimum)?? Ummm kkkkkkk :huh:
He scored 17 once in juniors. Having a shot or not wasn't the point. Talking like he's on that pace as if scoring goals is some even pace statistics for a hockey player. It makes the team look desperate for some attention. The statistical odds he's getting 20 goals this year must be one in a 100. How bout get to 10 first.

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
He scored 17 once in juniors. Having a shot or not wasn't the point. Talking like he's on that pace as if scoring goals is some even pace statistics for a hockey player. It makes the team look desperate for some attention. The statistical odds he's getting 20 goals this year must be one in a 100. How bout get to 10 first.
It's just the new age way of talking

For example, I'm on pace for 3 brain annyeurisms tonight

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
He had 14 last year. I guess his junior record is in jeopardy.

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island

Improbable sure, but he does have 60 shots on net and playing as the #1 PPQB will inflate his goal numbers a little bit. I wouldnt be shocked if he gets close to 20.

Reactions: Mike C

Lights911

Dec 5, 2017
Long Island
Dobson has all the potential in the world, but man, he has to be one of the softest, low energy players on this team. When do you ever see him at full speed or ever use his 6'4 frame to put his shoulder into someone's chest and knock them off the puck. He looks exactly like the defensive version of Brock Nelson and it's extremely discouraging.

dlawong

Nov 24, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Do not worry about Dobson. He may be in a bit of a funk now. He has too many talents and a back-to-back junior cup-winning pedigree to be concerned about. He will be better after the all-star break and Pelech's full return. I think he plays best together with Barzal not Nelson on PP. They can read off each other quite well. Keep the young core plus Pelech and maybe Nelson. Move the rest and feast hard on the next two year's draft. If Lou will not go for that, get someone who will. Build around Barzal, Sorokin, Dobson, Pelech, Raty, and maybe Holmstrom too. Keep Romanov to keep Sorokin happy. Free up significant cap space to go after either Matthews or even McDavid when they become UFA. Be aware of those players who put up big extraordinary scoring numbers in their contract year to land a fat contract just to slide back to being average the following years. They can cheat just by using a special type of stick and practicing extra hard on their shots going into the season.

Reactions: WangMustGo

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Dobson has all the potential in the world, but man, he has to be one of the softest, low energy players on this team. When do you ever see him at full speed or ever use his 6'4 frame to put his shoulder into someone's chest and knock them off the puck. He looks exactly like the defensive version of Brock Nelson and it's extremely discouraging.

That's amazingly accurate.

Reactions: impaaaaaact and MJF

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany

I find this comment highly offensive.

But not, like, really really offensive.

Just kinda sort of highly offensive.

warrior60

Dec 24, 2010
Hockey Town
That is the reason he is going to be a great player in this league for a long time, he is a very smart play that is thinking the game not running around hitting everything that moves or skating around in circles, if more players played like them two the better off this team would be.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Dobson BADLY needs to fix his puck protection. Probably my biggest gripe with him.

Hes still very young, but as a DEFENSEMAN he's awful. essentially we burned a year of him standing next to Chara just to get burned constantly.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Dobson BADLY needs to fix his puck protection. Probably my biggest gripe with him.

Hes still very young, but as a DEFENSEMAN he's awful. essentially we burned a year of him standing next to Chara just to get burned constantly.
Fix Dobson's defensive game? Maybe Lou shouldn't have fired Trotz.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Fix Dobson's defensive game? Maybe Lou shouldn't have fired Trotz.
this isn't even on Trotz, but the way Dobby is holding the puck, specifically in power plays, just bothers me. they need to fix that up soon.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
this isn't even on Trotz, but the way Dobby is holding the puck, specifically in power plays, just bothers me. they need to fix that up soon.
Well his work on the power play is a problem. The biggest issue there is the number of pucks that get chipped out of the O zone past him. Pucks that he can't corral are gone for shorthanded breakaways.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Well his work on the power play is a problem. The biggest issue there is the number of pucks that get chipped out of the O zone past him. Pucks that he can't corral are gone for shorthanded breakaways.
And then we give up so many shorthanded chances, but I also feel this is a massive problem on the power plays structure.

Glorydays22

Nov 21, 2011
Perfect description of Dobson. Sometimes I think he's sleep walking out there. No emtions, no fire, no mean streak at all.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Dobson looks steadier with a solid defender like Bolduc as his partner.
Random thought if they stay together - I'm thinking there are not a ton of D pairs in the NHL where both came out of the Q?

Reactions: MJF

The Real JT

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss. :(
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
Random thought if they stay together - I'm thinking there are not a ton of D pairs in the NHL where both came out of the Q?
Having two 6’ 4” guys on the same pairing ain’t too shabby either. Need a little toughness injected into that pairing though. Probably not gonna happen with Dobson. Maybe Bolduc?

Reactions: doublechili and MJF

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad