Blue Jays Discussion: No More AA, Everyone is very Sad (and by Sad, I mean Mad)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JS19

Legends Never Die
Aug 14, 2009
The Shark Tank
But...but...but I have a picture of Alex in my bedroom...geez people acting like we hired a nobody. Bunch of babies.

Acting like 2005 and 2007 accolades actually mean something when recent years prove otherwise. But sure, I have a lot of faith in someone who only knows how to build a team that consistently loses.

Giuseppe Sallo

ELE-VAT-ED
Apr 20, 2007
Back to L.A
twitter.com
But they've really proved nothing other than that they can choke with the best of them. Game 7 was an absolute joke on the officiating side so I'll give them that.

Amazing all masai had to do was make a big trade to change that teams fortunes into a playoff team.

Raps need a bonafied star, DD and KL are very good, not great. Jays are on a whole another level -- they got stars. They should have competed in the WLCS if it weren't for Gibbons the bonehead,

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
While its shocking, its really far from the death sentence to the franchise that people are making it out to be

Keep in mind most Jays fans wanted AA fired after failing to improve the pitching staff in the offseason. While he has made some great trades, he has also made some bad ones and watched his teams constantly underperform save for a 60 game stretch at the end of the year

Also, there is no point of looking at Shapiro's record. The guy had a bottom 5 payroll in the league and managed a team in a city that most athletes wouldn't have wanted to be caught dead in. No wonder he had to resort to signing guys like Swisher/Bourn.

At the end of the days, hes managed to build one of the best rotations in the league and has acquired a bunch of great pen arms in his time unlike AA who struggled with both aspects for years.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Some people in the past wanted AA out, and now praising him as a Messiah of Jays. I don't know what to say, should I say these fans are weathercocks ?

You keep some type of matrix to know who likes what?

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
a) So what? b) people get chances if their record proves they can do a high quality job, Shapiro has proven he can't at both the GM and President level, c) Just because people say he's the sharpest mind, doesn't mean it's true. The track record doesn't prove that at all. I never said that you said that Shapiro had better track record than AA, that comment was directed at someone else.

Okay, so just because people voted AA executive of the year doesn't mean that he is then? If you're going to play the woe is me card there is no point in having this conversation. People all around baseball have said that he is a great baseball mind and until he proves otherwise here in Toronto, I'll trust him. It'll sure be fun to hear you and others dwell on this for the next eternity.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Any good articles on Shapiro? I'd like to know more about he conducts trades, his baseball philosophy, the kinds of players he likes to target, track record, what others have to say, etc.

I only know he has spent an eternity with Cleveland and then decided to come to Toronto (still not sure why exactly).

I haven't read a ton yet, but here's something that gives me hope:

http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/12331388/the-great-analytics-rankings#mlb-cle

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
For me the best that can come out of this is Gibbons being let go. The guy is a complete moron who might have cost us the WS with him handing the Royals home field at the end of the season

I'm just worried Shapiro might decide to keep him only to save face

TF97

Jul 4, 2010
Halifax, NS
Some people in the past wanted AA out, and now praising him as a Messiah of Jays. I don't know what to say, should I say these fans are weathercocks ?

No. You should say those fans are less than intelligent. It didn't take a high IQ to realize how good of a farm system AA had built.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
I personal feel that we allowed a very bright and young baseball man get away....sadly I also think that we will have a hard time getting players to sign on the dotted line to come back and play for us.

AA cleaned up a huge mess that was left behind by the last person similar to Shapiro .....

We will be a mess within two years....

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
What is there to joke about? Someone brought up Denver losing the Executive of the Year, who became the GM of the Raptors. Raptors have done **** all.

Wow. Just wow.

What exactly are your expectations for Toronto sports executives? Immediate championships?

Masai took over a Raptors team that was an absolute league joke and doormat and inside of three years had them winning divisions and setting franchise records for wins in a season.

Have there been playoff disappointments? Sure, last year against Washington sucked, but considering where the Raptors are compared to where they were - he has done an amazing job.

From the tenor of your posts, you seem to have expectations that would be impossible for any executive to fulfill.

Sometimes this stuff takes time. And no sports executive is perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad